The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

I've been looking at the mask again, does anyone have suggestion on where to get a half face shell so the mask holds its shape?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

I've been looking at the mask again, does anyone have suggestion on where to get a half face shell so the mask holds its shape?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

I got a vinyl faceshell from ebay for 20$, sawed it in half, you can see my pics in the previous posts.

As for the 8800R, mcdavid sent one to me by accident, there is no hexagon pattenr, its the mcdavid M pattern

A heads up, if you are ordering the shirt on amazon. The one I received was the 8840T with the M pattern instead of the hex, despite the picture being the correct shirt.

I got a vinyl faceshell from ebay for 20$, sawed it in half, you can see my pics in the previous posts.

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into grabbing one. Now I've just to work out a pattern for the mask itself.

Got that generic black and red compression shirt. Waiting for the McDavid one, as I cannot remember which one I ordered :S

And the quest for pants (as so often is the case on the weekend) continues...

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

For those of you that are considering the 8800R. It's REALLY EASY to take the logo off. In fact, when I received it, the logo was already peeling!!!
It took a couple minutes of stretching the shirt and scratching it off with my nails!
IMAG8111.jpgIMAG8105.jpgIMAG8104.jpg

Looks pretty good. Definitely a suitable option and good replacement for those who won't be able to get the 8840R.
Does it have the hex pattern on the sides as well ?

Last edited:
Looks pretty good. Definitely a suitable option and good replacement for those who won't be able to get the 8840R.
Does it have the hex pattern on the sides as well ?

Unfortunately mine does not. So lots of posing where you hide your love handles. lol.

I'm going to have to disagree with the 8840R statement. To me it looks way more like the 8800R.

See how there is no hexagon pattern on the side in this shot?
http://i.imgur.com/rv8VXCz.jpg

http://www.mcdavidusa.com/Product/8800R/MCDAVID_Men_s_Recovery_Shirt.aspx

You can't really make out the sides of the shirt on the screen shot you posted. However, several screenshots have been posted, showing the hex pattern on the sides.
That being said no one rules out the possibility that several different shirts might have been used during the filming of the 13 episodes. And the 8800R might be one of those.

I can only find the one shot with the hex pattern, and multiple without. I'd definitely have to say there are two different shirts, which would make sense since they get cut up so often.

I can only find the one shot with the hex pattern, and multiple without. I'd definitely have to say there are two different shirts, which would make sense since they get cut up so often.

I received an 8800R and it had no side stitching and had the Mcdavid M pattern no hex

I think this is the most accurate belt www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006VX343U

Cool - for any particular reason though? Did you catch a good screengrab that showed the details of the buckle or end tab? There are a handful of variations and it's hard at times to tell when the show is playing whether the metal features are even chrome, brushed steel, or weathered black. Some of the buckles function differently, too. I'd love to see something confirming the details of the belt before I order one - can you point us to good reference for this?

I'm going to have to disagree with the 8840R statement. To me it looks way more like the 8800R.

See how there is no hexagon pattern on the side in this shot?
http://i.imgur.com/rv8VXCz.jpg

http://www.mcdavidusa.com/Product/8800R/MCDAVID_Men_s_Recovery_Shirt.aspx

Come on, guy... Fourteen pages of discussing these things, with people working together and with the shirt's manufacturer to determine the exact model shirt used in actual screenshots posted on this thread. There's been plenty of discussion of the fact that different shirts were used, too. Why use your first post on the RPF to derail things like this? You're pointing people away from a screen-accurate shirt and recommending another model based on an image that doesn't show it. No one's seen an 8800R, a shirt that has little McDavid M's all over those side panels, in any episode. The 8840R is the one shirt we know for a fact is in the show. We know others are used as well, but have not positively ID'ed them. Someone did suggest earlier that a Nike shirt is in the pilot with a shoulder logo covered up but no one's followed up to confirm.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back