Han's ANH hero DL-44 Blaster Paint?

jason1976

Sr Member
Well I've asked these questions, about these blaster before, but since it was always in one thread, I never really got a clear answer (or any answer in some cases) , so I'm braking them up into more then one thread this time.

Ok, I know the gun itself is not supposed to be black, but rather have a "blacked" or "Blued" look. (kind of a real dark gray) Does anyone have any suggestions on what paint/technique, to use for this.

Also, and this is my big question. ARE THE ADD ONS (SCOPE MOUNT, GREABLIES, ETC.) SUPOSTED TO BE PAINTED BLACK, OR ARE THEY THE SAME COLLOR AS THE GUN? (That dark gray color) I'm not asking how to paint them, this is purely about the color. I've never been able to tell, and since I want to get these done in the next month, or so, I really need to know.

Thanks
Jason

The Hero is made from all real gun parts which were blued except the grill which was painted or black to begin with. I think the suppressor might have been parkerized? You'd have to looks for the discovery thread in the archives.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back