A L I E N FIVE Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN movie

Re: Neil Blomkamp's A L I E N movie

And what is going on with Ripley? That's too complex to just be a helmet you can slip on and off. Was there a possibility she was going to pilot the derelict?

Re: Neill Blomkamp's ALIEN movie

Maybe it's time to move on from the Giger/O'Bannon foundation and transition to a new species and motivation.
Biomechanics and the Giger look (superior as it is) has gotten familiar and expected no? It's not "alien" to us anymore.
The first film weirded us all out and lived up to it's title extremely disturbingly fascinatingly well.

Get back that strange "alien" feeling to live up to the title.
Sure keep the familar stuff at first, but maybe transition to something utterly new and far more disturbing than we have imagined
within the previous films.

Hmmm, but that's what they tried in Resurrection. Yes, the newborn was f'in creepy, but ultimately sucktastic.

Helped out with this little photoshoot this weekend. That's Tom Woodruff (the Alien) in original armor:

woodruff.jpg

10890506_327553757454276_1937848591_n.jpg

Last edited:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

What Art said!!!!

Isn't the guy in the pic supposed to be Michael Biehn?

Either way, Woodruff actually looks like an older Beihn in the picture.

And either way its frakkin AWESOME work! The picture looks perfect!!!

Come on Blomkamp... stop what you are doing and get to work on THIS!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 437759

Well I can't say I'm impressed. "Alien" and "Aliens" still remain a few of the films that I have any very deep respect for within that franchise and everything after them was sadly disappointing and difficult to like. The one thing I have consistently wanted has been for a nightmare world where the aliens are actually part of an ecology they have totally corrupted ala Giger. A monsterous terrifying planet. Not this rehash of very old ideas and themes. I still hope that after so many rewrites that the script for Prometheus II might offer us some redemption and I can see why FOX might like this concept to keep all the old "dragons" going . Ever since "Elysium" my faith in Mr B's stock has fallen somewhat precipitously.

Willie , Make him do this movie.....

Art Andrews LOL.....damn near almost made me , spit up my coffee.....LMFAO.....LOL.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....lol...too funny

Love the art work Willie , with the photos....A definite spot on look for Hicks ...that 2nd photo was scary real !!! Thanks for sharing Willie , appreciate you keeping us up to speed on things with , hope and pray, they do this movie !!!

I just wished someone had actually looked at how burnt Hicks actually was before doing this concept, and make-up !! No melted ear, or nose etc... Most of the acid went onto his armour, his face looks more like Drake's did when he got sprayed with acid, it would melt the skin instantly !

Ripley-and-hicks (1).jpg158510080_5b7a8f.jpg

I just wished someone had actually looked at how burnt Hicks actually was before doing this concept, and make-up !! No melted ear, or nose etc... Most of the acid went onto his armour, his face looks more like Drake's did when he got sprayed with acid, it would melt the skin instantly !

View attachment 438149View attachment 438151

Almost a bit like, "I created this cool make up effects but I didn't actually watch the film"

It's like the Hypersleep pods or the Sulaco written in white in Alien 3, did nobody say, 'Hey it didn't look like this in the last movie' ? :)

A3_Scene-1.jpgA3_Scene-2.jpg

Proof that ALIEN 3 was just a hypersleep nightmare of Ripley.

This makes me wonder, has anyone ever done a reboot of a movie franchise yet that completely ignores some sequels and basically says that they never happened. The Alien franchise would be perfect for just such a "soft" reboot, say that nothing after Aliens actually happened and just make Alien 5 set some time after Aliens happened.

The Highlander TV series used the original film but then retconned it (without explaining a lot.) And the 2nd movie is pretty much ignored.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back