Bandai release schedule

The mini AT-ST is definitely the TESB version and it looks reasonably close in scale to the AT-AT. The snowspeeders also look close enough for government work. Should all look nice on the shelf together.
at-st esb.jpg
walker.jpg
IMG_99171.jpg
IMG_99101.jpg

IIRC, The original ESB AT-ST armature was re-used for the ROTJ AT-ST, so the legs should at least be the same height.

Looking here, it does look like either the speeder is too large, or the AT-ST too small, but is hard to tell because the ESB head is definitely proportionally smaller than the ROTJ head when compared to the legs

It has been pointed out by Monsieur Tox that the armature for the ESB AT-ST was not re-used for the ROTJ AT-ST. They were using the ESB armature to test a new kind of foot design.

Here is a picture of the ESB and ROTJ ones next to each other that he posted https://www.facebook.com/546509578715505/photos/p.1496314613734992/1496314613734992/?type=3&theater

I can't remember where I saw it, but the large bandai SD that is displayed is an Anigrand model with more detail put in correct? If so you think they bought the mold from Anigrand and intend to, eventualllyyyyyy, produce a plastic model of that size? I'd love an Anigrand SD model, but 1 $500+ is quite expensive and 2 If I could get the same model in plastic and avoid the short falls of resin models that would be awesome.

Is it me or does anyone else think the 1/2 BB-8 looks a little off? Like the "Head" dome is too big for the Ball section or the Ball is to small for the "head" dome.

Chris

I think it is because the head is detached from the body. I would assume that they did it that way to show that the head can move over the orb and is not glued to it.

TazMan2000

It has been pointed out by Monsieur Tox that the armature for the ESB AT-ST was not re-used for the ROTJ AT-ST. They were using the ESB armature to test a new kind of foot design.

Here is a picture of the ESB and ROTJ ones next to each other that he posted https://www.facebook.com/546509578715505/photos/p.1496314613734992/1496314613734992/?type=3&theater

With the ESB version being so much smaller, could it be that it was meant to be a single-pilot vehicle? Joe Johnston's original ESB AT-ST concept art labels it as a "One-man scout walker." If that's the case, the Bandai version looks to be in a good scale against the snow speeder.

latest

Aside: The AT-DP from Rebels is more closely based on Johnston's art, but expands the design to include two occupants in a single line (rather than side-by-side as in the ROTJ AT-ST).

Last edited:
I can't remember where I saw it, but the large bandai SD that is displayed is an Anigrand model with more detail put in correct? If so you think they bought the mold from Anigrand and intend to, eventualllyyyyyy, produce a plastic model of that size? I'd love an Anigrand SD model, but 1 $500+ is quite expensive and 2 If I could get the same model in plastic and avoid the short falls of resin models that would be awesome.
There's no way Bandai would have bought Anigrand's mold. If Bandai release a large Star Destroyer, it will be entirely their own work.

With the ESB version being so much smaller, could it be that it was meant to be a single-pilot vehicle? Joe Johnston's original ESB AT-ST concept art labels it as a "One-man scout walker." If that's the case, the Bandai version looks to be in a good scale against the snow speeder.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...concept.png/revision/latest?cb=20131013102328

Aside: The AT-DP from Rebels is more closely based on Johnston's art, but expands the design to include two occupants in a single line (rather than side-by-side as in the ROTJ AT-ST).

I don't know know what the intent was.

https://www.facebook.com/546509578715505/photos/p.1496314613734992/1496314613734992/?type=3&theater

In Monsiuer Tox's pic above of the two studio scale ones you can see the ESB head is not as tall as the ROTJ. If they are both the same numerical scale, then I would think it would be hard to fit a driver in the ESB one.

for example if the ROTJ studio scale one is around 1/24, then the ESB studio scale one is around 1/35

I don't know what scales they were intended to be

So I guess the question is whether Bandai size it based on the idea that the ESB one is the same scale as the ROTJ one or not.

If they did, then the 1/144 ESB AT-ST they have will be too small for 1/144

That's a really interesting thought. Anyway, I will get two to go with my three mpc AT-ATs, even if their scale is different. In my theory they should look good together.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back