Bandai release schedule

Thanks again Jaitea. Hmmm. They have their large DV TIE displayed as well as their walking AT-AT, but no placard in front of them...suggesting these items are for display and attraction only. Hopefully someone asks Bandai if there are any future plans for kit releases in the distant future. Something to whet our appetite. The guy in the video I think was more interested in Bandai's other offerings. You would think if they could engineer an X-Wing with robotic wings, that open and close automatically, then they could probably find a way to mass produce their AT-AT.

TazMan2000

Hey guys,

I have one question about the 1/72 x-wing.

I noticed that there were actually 5 engine exhaust nozzles that came with this model. One was slightly longer than the other four. What's up with that? I didn't notice until I stood it upright on it's engines and it wouldn't sit flat

Hey guys,

I have one question about the 1/72 x-wing.

I noticed that there were actually 5 engine exhaust nozzles that came with this model. One was slightly longer than the other four. What's up with that? I didn't notice until I stood it upright on it's engines and it wouldn't sit flat

One of the ANH XWs (I THINK it's Red 3, but I might be wrong) does in fact have one can longer than the others. I think it's the upper, starboard engine, but again, could be wrong.

Isn't there one short one and four long ones? From what Google Translate could tell me the short one is for building Luke's X-Wing

The A-option is the longer choice nozzle and is for Red Leader / Luke - which you later build and add R2 to. The B-option is just the others? It has an R5 droid though

Yeah....its Biggs....Red 3

xwingmgscan2.jpg

J

Really pumped about these after seeing some awesome reviews and given they look better than the some of the 6" Hasbro Black Series, I have just ordered myself some 1/12 figures - Darth Vader, Stormtrooper (x2), R2-D2 / R5-D4, C-3PO. Including shipping it looks to be about $130AUD.

That's kind of like closing the barn door after the horses have left. I wonder if it is true though. They will not be able to stop the export of the models though. What is to prevent someone from buying them in Japan and reselling them on eBay? Also, isn't the poster of that remark, the owner of Starship Modeler? He's commenting on a thread where members are talking about buying stuff from a vendor other than him.
Also, if you were one of the decision makers at Bandai, would you think that this would be a good idea? Only sell wares in Japan? Limit your market?
Of course it could be Disney pullin the strings. Sales of Bandai models would definitely affect sales of Revell and other license holders on this side of the pond.

TazMan2000

Sales of Bandai models would definitely affect sales of Revell and other license holders on this side of the pond.

Maybe if Revell didn't make such crap Star Wars kits, we'd be more interested in theirs. They don't even put half as much effort as Bandai into accuracy.

Revellers quality notwithstanding, Bandai maybe forced to do just that. Anyone remember how hard the first few series of revell of Germany kits were because AMT/ertl still had the domestic license.

Also, isn't the poster of that remark, the owner of Starship Modeler? He's commenting on a thread where members are talking about buying stuff from a vendor other than him.
Also, if you were one of the decision makers at Bandai, would you think that this would be a good idea? Only sell wares in Japan? Limit your market?
Of course it could be Disney pullin the strings. Sales of Bandai models would definitely affect sales of Revell and other license holders on this side of the pond.

TazMan2000
First, I don't really see why it matters if the word came from the owner of the SSM store. As a business, they have an interest in us buying models from them, but in the end, people are not going to stop looking at the same Asian websites, nor does any of this suggest we can only buy from them because they are basically explaining why SSM does not or will not have Bandai stuff--if anything that sends your business away. As for your first suggestion that Bandai wouldn't do this, of course they wouldn't--not on their own. If you are selling a product, and if you can make as many copies as you want to sell, you sell to monkeys if they have cash. Obviously, you last statement is key--Disney has more of a reason to pull these strings as this can affect other licenses to other markets. In that respect, Disney may be doing it as proxy for Revell or some other player. There were suggestions that Fine Molds was really the ones pushing ILM to put the kibosh on Anigrand. It seemed to happen with the 144 MF, which Fine Molds introduced soon after. By the way, personally, in the absence of Fine Molds/Bandai (or that level of kit) I won't buy revell (except maybe the TIE that I heard was good), and I just wouldn't model Star Wars. I also like modern jets, and was plenty happy doing only that before FM.
Mike Todd

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back