Subscribe
    From
    Orlando
    1 Day Ago  Mar 23, 2017, 4:45 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2651

I was hoping for Tantive IV or a B wing.

:/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From
    Jamison, Pennsylvania
    1 Day Ago  Mar 23, 2017, 4:45 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2652

INVAR said: View Post
    If I had to guess, they created the bigger pilot for close up shots in one of the hero models because it had mechanical head-turn capabilities like the Twin Pod Cloud Car from Empire. They may have never filmed some of the storyboarded battle shots that may have originally depicted the need for that, or they may have simply built one to have on-hand.

The scale however does not match up when A-wings are next to B-wings in Jedi. Given the B-wing pilot scale and canopy - the A-wing is much larger in scale with that than the 1/48 pilot would indicate. I think Bandai got the scale correct - but that is not to say the the ILM hero model does not look okay with the larger pilot either. I guess it would have to be preference of the builder at this point - whether or not to match the ILM hero model or be true to scale with the other 1/72 Rebel ships.
    That's pretty much what it comes down to.

Bandai's scale is accurate to 1/72 for the measurement they are using. It's just a matter of what side of the coin you fall on as to whether those numbers are accurate.

In the end it's the choice of whether you want the A-wing to look like a replica of the studio model or do you want an A-wing that is sized according to the "official" real world size.

Your preference determines whether it is closer to a 1/72 scale model or closer to 1/48 scale model
    From
    Jamison, Pennsylvania
    1 Day Ago  Mar 23, 2017, 4:50 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2653

edge10 said: View Post
    How about some news:

Snowspeeder 1/48 and 1/144 combo kit in May:

http://www.1999.co.jp/10456971

Mini Jedi Starfighter with removable Hyperdrive Docking ring in June:

http://www.1999.co.jp/10456976

Jango Slave 1 in 1/144 in June:

http://www.1999.co.jp/10456973

Hat tip to Chiangkaishecky
    I have mixed feeling. It's cool to see some prequel stuff, but they seem to be trending more and more to the 1/144 stuff

I'd love to see any of those on 1/72

So was the "big"announcement that was alluded to just the 1/2 scale BB-8. If so that's kind of disappointing
  4. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Austin, TX
    23 Hours Ago  Mar 23, 2017, 5:08 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2654

blakeh1 said: View Post
    That's pretty much what it comes down to.

Bandai's scale is accurate to 1/72 for the measurement they are using. It's just a matter of what side of the coin you fall on as to whether those numbers are accurate.

In the end it's the choice of whether you want the A-wing to look like a replica of the studio model or do you want an A-wing that is sized according to the "official" real world size.

Your preference determines whether it is closer to a 1/72 scale model or closer to 1/48 scale model
    If there were two studio models as demonstrated a few posts back, did only one get the big pilot, leaving the other with a smaller pilot as on the Bandai? Or were both fitted with puppet pilots?
    From
    San Francisco
    23 Hours Ago  Mar 23, 2017, 5:33 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2655

Hm. Usually I'm pretty excited by news of new kits, but this latest leaves me feeling pretty "meh".

* Jedi Starfighter - not generally interested in PT vehicles (unless it's the Radiant VII. A 1:144th Radiant VII would be amazeballs. And enormous. They'd be more likely to do 1:350th, but I can dream)
    * Snowspeeder 2-pack. I'd guess they've seen a very positive response to the X-Wing 2-pack, so this makes sense, but it's basically a re-pack of 2 existing models.
    * Jango Slave-1. Really? It's the same as the existing Slave 1 with tiny differences. I guess they need it to go alongside the Jedi starfighter, but....

I was hoping for a Vehicle Model A-Wing 2-pack
    From
    Northern Ireland
    23 Hours Ago  Mar 23, 2017, 5:36 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2656

monsterpartyhat said: View Post
    Hm. Usually I'm pretty excited by news of new kits, but this latest leaves me feeling pretty "meh".

* Jedi Starfighter - not generally interested in PT vehicles (unless it's the Radiant VII. A 1:144th Radiant VII would be amazeballs. And enormous. They'd be more likely to do 1:350th, but I can dream)
    * Snowspeeder 2-pack. I'd guess they've seen a very positive response to the X-Wing 2-pack, so this makes sense, but it's basically a re-pack of 2 existing models.
    * Jango Slave-1. Really? It's the same as the existing Slave 1 with tiny differences. I guess they need it to go alongside the Jedi starfighter, but....

I was hoping for a Vehicle Model A-Wing 2-pack
    What he said

C'mon Bandai,.....give us the big bird

J
    From
    Jamison, Pennsylvania
    23 Hours Ago  Mar 23, 2017, 5:42 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2657

E Williams said: View Post
    If there were two studio models as demonstrated a few posts back, did only one get the big pilot, leaving the other with a smaller pilot as on the Bandai? Or were both fitted with puppet pilots?
    I couldn't find definitive proof either way.

Sadly the best people to answer that are no longer here

I did come across some pics of the damaged tail fin that could be swapped in or out
  8. Member Since
    Sep 2016
    23 Hours Ago  Mar 23, 2017, 5:45 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2658

Jaitea said: View Post

C'mon Bandai,.....give us the big bird

J
    I'm not sure if I'd be that interested, myself.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	716315
    23 Hours Ago  Mar 23, 2017, 5:47 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2659

The Jedi Starfighter is kind of nice. Not really fussed about a variation on Slave 1. I'd rather have a 1/144 Pod Racer twin pack if we're talking PT. That'd be a fun kit! But lots of big hitters still missing. Correllian Corvette, Lambda class shuttle, etc... They must be on the cards.
    23 Hours Ago  Mar 23, 2017, 5:47 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2660

I have mixed feeling. It's cool to see some prequel stuff, but they seem to be trending more and more to the 1/144 stuff

I'd love to see any of those on 1/72

So was the "big"announcement that was alluded to just the 1/2 scale BB-8. If so that's kind of disappointing
    The Bluefin rep (Derringer?) hopes to be able to bring a prototype to Celebration this year, so I think not. Or did I dream that?
    22 Hours Ago  Mar 23, 2017, 6:46 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2661

If we're talking prequels then 1/72 gunship is where it's at.

But essentially the next bandai kit is definitely going to be the one I'm not interested in.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    From
    Miamisburg, OH (near Dayton)
    21 Hours Ago  Mar 23, 2017, 7:37 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2662

Toadmeister said: View Post
    Getting fictional refrences wrong?

Inconceivable!
    They've got access to reference direct from Lucasfilm that we might not even have. So yeah it's odd they can't get it right. The scale might be right, but they got something wrong because the pilot scale is obviously wrong. So even if they had multiple A-Wing scales (which I have never seen) they should have scaled it to a 1/72 pilot because a 6 foot tall human is easy to scale. We've seen A-Wing garage kits that were dead on, so I'm not sure how an officially licensed version could be off.
    19 Hours Ago  Mar 23, 2017, 9:05 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2663

Totally happy to be getting a couple PT vehicles -- even if the Jedi starfighter is way smaller than I'd like. It's a start. They should do that one in 1/48 to do it justice, and 1/72 would be nice so it could sit beside the other fighters in the line-up. I have a Fine Molds Jango Slave I that I'm very happy with, but I passed on lighting it when I built it so the Bandai version will give me another bite at the apple.

I bet we'll still see a B-Wing this year before the Last Jedi kits start coming out at Christmas. August or September.
    19 Hours Ago  Mar 23, 2017, 9:24 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2664

I'm excited about the Jedi star fighter, but do we know if it's the II or III version?
    I'm also really hoping we see gunships, in either 72 or 144. How about both?
  15. Member Since
    Mar 2016
    11 Hours Ago  Mar 24, 2017, 5:15 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2665

Victor3 said: View Post
    I'm excited about the Jedi star fighter, but do we know if it's the II or III version?
    I'm also really hoping we see gunships, in either 72 or 144. How about both?
    The jedi Starfighter is the EP.II version. I have the FM 1/72 version & if the Bandai one is going to be approx. 1/144 (to go with Jango's Slave 1), it's going to be very titchy. Not a complaint as I'll almost certainly get one or 2, just an observation.
  16. Choosy moms choose Jif™ RPF Premium Member moffeaton's Avatar
    From
    Baltimore MD
    10 Hours Ago  Mar 24, 2017, 6:02 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2666

Looks like there are two A-Wings, one without the red panel and currently sporting a damaged fin (blaster scored a hit), both have oversized weird puppets. Look like RC pilots. There's also a "stunt" in the archives I think I remember seeing. Or an off-casting....
    7 Hours Ago  Mar 24, 2017, 9:14 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2667

Preview from about a year ago regarding Bandai's possible vehicle model kits:
  18. Member Since
    Feb 2017
    7 Hours Ago  Mar 24, 2017, 9:26 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2668

Gimme a 1/72 gunship, b-wing and a 1/2256 ISD K THANKS 😁
    From
    Jamison, Pennsylvania
    7 Hours Ago  Mar 24, 2017, 9:39 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2669

Richard Baker said: View Post
    Preview from about a year ago regarding Bandai's possible vehicle model kits:
    A gunship from them would be awesome. I'll take 1/144, but a 1/72 one would be even more awesome
    Also looking forward to the Hailfire droid and a Tyderium shuttle
    7 Hours Ago  Mar 24, 2017, 9:46 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2670

The thing with the gunship is that there are so many customized paint jobs you could do. I would probably get 3 of them

From
    Jamison, Pennsylvania
    5 Hours Ago  Mar 24, 2017, 11:25 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2671

It sucks we will probably only get silhouette guys for it though
    4 Hours Ago  Mar 24, 2017, 12:46 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2672

It sucks we will probably only get silhouette guys for it though
    I the Gunship is 1:144 the figures might be 3D- I think it was the 1:72 size which came too close to another product line...
    4 Hours Ago  Mar 24, 2017, 12:49 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2673

I the Gunship is 1:144 the figures might be 3D- I think it was the 1:72 size which came too close to another product line...
    There is a sillouette figure in my U-wing. It would be a shame to have a gunship without a handful of clones and some jedi

3 Hours Ago  Mar 24, 2017, 1:32 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2674

astroboy said: View Post
    There is a sillouette figure in my U-wing. It would be a shame to have a gunship without a handful of clones and some jedi

Hate to hear that- it will look rather stange without any figures.
    3 Hours Ago  Mar 24, 2017, 1:34 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #2675

Hate to hear that- it will look rather stange without any figures.
    I haven't looked to closely at the U-wing, but it would also benefit from a bunch of troops