THG Props: Recasters & Destroyers of Original Items

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more THG and friends/members post the more they are looking guilty.

You know what you have done and trying to claim his breaking eBay rules and that its ok for you to take photos of props and 3d scans of molds to then go and make your own is very shady and very untrusting .

Seems to me you wanted all the pie for yourself and greed took over. Stefan is the one that as paid for the props and molds abs even the stupif high price of making 2 staff weapon .

I have made a staff weapon with less than 100 worth of smooth on 300 and was taken out the mold a hour later but could have been taken sooner.

I just see lies up on lies to try and keep your name clean. I for one won't be buying from you and will warn others about you and how you work.

In Answer to Gray's post, because I have nothing to hide, and am being completely up front,
The reason why the stuff was shipped to THG, was because there existed an intention from my part to service the USA market with props made from my stuff by a USA propmaker so that it reduced the shipping cost and so the overall cost of items to folks
However, I pulled the plug on the propmaking for the reasons that were stated earlier in this thread

So you sent them the molds because you planned to have them make casts, and then distribute them in the U.S. Then at some point you changed your mind after they had recieved the materials from you. Why did it take a year for you to get them back and decide what you wanted to do with them?

I'm just curious what you want to happen here.

It sounds like all your stuff is being returned to you, and right now THG isn't producing anything. What do you want?

It sounds like all your stuff is being returned to you, and right now THG isn't producing anything. What do you want?

Like I just added in red text as an update to my post

At the end of the day fellow members of the RPF, it boils down to this:

An RPF member is on record as unequivocally stating that they have 3d scanned, photographed, measured etc your items without permission

The RPF member then publically announces that these very same items are going to be offered out to the community as replica's

, lets put all the facts together, smell the coffee, and ask ourselves the simple question

" Does this constitute enough evidence that the RPF member used the items they had in their possession for their own ends and their own intended eventual income",

and does this evidence constitute enough reason for them to be outcast from this community.
As the fact that they may or may not have yet sold any of those stated replica's is irrelevant

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just an neutral on the fence opinion. but it looks as If both sides could have been a little more prepared for this. especially with the money spent. I think a contract should have been written and signed by all party's before any of this begun. seems like a rushed and disorderly way to spend so much money..

Last edited:
Does this constitute enough evidence that the RPF member used the items they had in their possession for their own ends and their own intended eventual income, and does this evidence constitute enough reason for them to be outcast from this community.

Well, to be objective, i'm not sure that it does. The pieces we are talking about are not original creations, you may have ownership of the molds but you don't "own" the content. What I mean is, can you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that any replica they produce will feature design concepts that could not have come from any other source but the photographs taken of your molds? Lest we forget, screen-used props from Stargate exist elsewhere, and their measurements are known facts. If they use unique information sourced your molds, maybe, but you can't prove that they will.

You're arguing control over a grey area. That's not to say I would buy from these people, but you asked the question.

I certainly don't think it's irrelevant that you're arguing a what-if scenario. They haven't produced anything yet and might not at all after this mess.

Last edited:
No his not they have admited that they was hired to cast props for setfan and that they have taken sizes 3ds and taken photos of his items and now plan to make there own versions and have taken casts from molded damaging after stefan as said no.

What they have done is bad and out right lied .if it wasn't for Stefan sending them his items they wouldn't have been able to take sizes photos of 3D scans.
Looks to me that they only agreed to work just to get hands on his props so they could then go and make money themselves.

And will add this isn't about molding a screen used prop theses are molds that was used on the film.

Like I just added in red text as an update to my post

At the end of the day fellow members of the RPF, it boils down to this:

An RPF member is on record as unequivocally stating that they have 3d scanned, photographed, measured etc your items without permission

The RPF member then publically announces that these very same items are going to be offered out to the community as replica's

, lets put all the facts together, smell the coffee, and ask ourselves the simple question

" Does this constitute enough evidence that the RPF member used the items they had in their possession for their own ends and their own intended eventual income",

and does this evidence constitute enough reason for them to be outcast from this community.
As the fact that they may or may not have yet sold any of those stated replica's is irrelevant

I have a couple of questions about your reasoning for the beginning of this thread. It was getting rather convoluted, but you have summed it up quite well with the quoted comment.

1) Do you, or the rest of the community, believe that THG violated the standards and expectations of the Replica Prop Forum because they took scans, pictures, and measurements of screen-used items for the purpose of replication, as they were hired by you to do?

2) Is it your contention that THG is using the intellectual property (pictures, scans, and measurements) of Sony Pictures (the people who own the SG-1 franchise) to illegally produce replications of screen-used items to a high level of detail?

3) Did you send the SG-1 props to THG for the purpose of replication, production, and sales within the American market?

4) After you reneged on the deal for THG to replicate, produce, and sell the SH-1 props in the American market, are you now upset and making these allegations because they are using the scans, pictures, and measurements to create their own highly accurate parts to produce and sell in the American market?

5) Do you, or the membership, believe that their using the scans, pictures, and measurements taken from the props they were sent to be replicated out of clay is recasting the screen-used props?

6) Is it your contention that because you reneged on the deal for THG to replicate and sell the SG-1 props, they should be removed from RPF because they are intending to produce SG-1 props at some later date based on the scans, pictures, and measurements taken from the screen-used items?

7) Will you be seeking the expulsion of any other members of RPF who likewise use high detail pictures, scans, or measurements to reproduce screen-used items for their personal use or sales?

8) We know that you own the actual props and molds, but do you own the intellectual property rights for anything in the Stargate or SG-1 franchise?

Q1. Yes you are in the wrong. You was hired to cast/ replicat for Stefan you took photos 3d scans and the sizes for your own benifet.
Q2 . your asking this question because you know people will say well it's a grey area known of us should be making anything as we don't own copyright. That there screams guilty to heard it from so many scammers over the10 years I've been collecting

Q3. He did send the props for you to cast/replicat on his behalf which you would be paid and was paid for

Q4.the high price of $800 in what you claim was the cost of the rain to make 2 staff weapons. I can make a staff weapon with 1/8 of that cost . You are also hoping by making out he has issues with anyone else making stargate props and selling you will bring other prop makers here and hope they start posting on yourside. Stefan as no issues with other stargate propmakers as I am one of them and he has worked with me and always be a nice person to deal and chat with

Q5 not recasting but you know that reason you asked the question
fact is you took the photos scans and sizes of props you was hired to cast/replicat for the owner to then use his items to make a financial gain using his items is to me and many other very bad

Q6 I can see the reason he wants you removed from th site is because you have been court out with your own messages on Facebook. You agreed on a deal and when you couldn't get more of a cut of the props then said you have taken 3D scans sizes and photos to make your own props using his items. And then claim the molds are ok then they are damaged and can't be used. You know what you have done

Q7 same again hoping to bring other stargate propmakers in to this hoping they will join your side. He doesn't have a issue with people using photos sizes and 3Dscans as long as they wasn't taken from his props or molds that the person was only hired to make replicas/casts of. Which you was hired like me to only make casts/replicas

Q8. Pointless question as you know the answer and by asking this you know he will say NO but this still doesn't give You the right to take scans photos and sizes of the items you was hired to only make casts / replicats off

And about you being banned I think you should be you have shown what your about and it's $ and willing to agree to be hired to do a job but then use it for your own benifet and this to me is you scamming Stefan.

A) Its stated on record that THG have 3d scanned my Serpent guard head mold, and my Staff weapon mold
Did you not hire them to replicate these items for the potential sale to the American market?

Did you expect them to remain in possession of the physical prop for all time while they were replicating it for sale to the American market as you stated?

B) The fact that we are now told that this was done with a kinnect and ended up in the bin is of complete irrelevance, as the method of 3d scanning and the 3D files being binned is just here-say
Would it not also be hearsay that they scanned the items in the first place, since both comments happened in the same medium of communication?

C) The undisputable fact, is that a "propmaker" is on record as stating what they have done -- this is a clear intention of what is intended to be done with these items and has been done clearly without the approval of the prop owner
A statement of fact and statement of intention are two different things. Also, you hired THG to replicate the props, so they had your contractual approval for the process of documentation of the props for replication.

D) Its also undeniably on record that THG have stated in conversation to someone, that OMG surprise surprise, they are going to be offering out amongst others, replica's of these very items which they have admitted to 3d scanning
Is it against the policy of RPF to produce replicas of screen-used props based on 3d scans, pictures, and measurements of screen-used props? Did they not begin advertising the upcoming sale of these props at the time they received permission from you to produce these props for sale to the American market?

E) Not withstanding that the original molds of these very same items have both astonishingly over exactly the same timeline of 19th June to 16th November "died" because of a cold garage and fluctuating temperatures
- yes the molds were old, but including Ra, then are we really to believe that over the space of some 3 or so months, that all these molds have suffered the same fate
You stated that you did not wish to pay for storage of the molds that you had no intention of them using for any purpose. These molds remained in a non-climate controlled location where they were subjected to variations in temperatures of eighty degrees or more and variations of humidity for a year.

The molds that they were creating took time as one would believe they were trying to be very careful to not damage the screen-used props and original molds to create the replica props and molds for you. However, prop silicone is very temperamental to environmental conditions. Perhaps if you had paid for proper storage of the items, there would not be as much degradation of the molds.

F) It is also on record that THG's items will be screen perfect, and will be from "restorations" [ not from pictures and measurements of my items that another of their posts allude to ]
- now maybe I read the wrong articles, but a "restoration" is based on a cast of an original item [or from an original mold] which is then re-worked to iron out any production use imperfections
Did you not hire THG because of the higher level of detail of their prop reproductions to offer “restorations” for sale?

Are you now stating that the same high level of prop reproduction should be used against them?

Also, where did your evidence state that they were using restorations of screen-used items rather than your contention that it is based on scans, pictures, and measurements taken?

G) Luananko ( Kim Kieser ) wishes us to believe that Ron's health issues prevent him from answering back what is on 2 occasions, a clearly posed accusation that my stuff has been and is being used without permission
-- yet OMG, surprise surprise, It can clearly be seen that it was Ron who initiated the email conversation to me on multiple occasions,
-- and yet Kim fully knowing better than anyone else Ron's health condition on a given day to day basis, NEVER stops Ron from posting updates to the THG Facebook page stating what they are doing, and what's gonna be offered out as their replica's, ie, she never stops Ron from being the face of THG to the outside world
I’ve actually known Ron for a while and his disorder did get worse for a time, to the point that he was no longer able to attend costume events (which he enjoyed). It is just now starting to improve.

Also, since you were told that Kim was your new contact person, why did you continue to contact Ron for information? What part of her information that she allows Ron to post for THG after she reviews the post did you not understand?

This begs the question: Were you told that Kim was your contact and are using those 2 occasions that Ron did not return your message as an excuse for stating it as “evidence” here?

1) Labour

Its also never been denied by THG that I was charged 800 dollars plus 332 materials for the leather parts to a Jaffa costume, and that this was because it included the making of dressmaker patterns
-- and even the people who THG subcontracted the work out to are on record in this thread as stating that nobody else will be charged such price now that the have the said pattern
-- Not withstanding that fact that even given the said "research" that the dressmaker states was done to make the pattern, that my original items were undoubtedly used as part of the pattern making process
Do you know the price on a leather Darth Vader costume? The undersuit, with the simple 1” quilting would run about $400 on the current market. I say this because it is probably one of the most well-replicated leather costume suits on the market. This costume is a simple 1, 2, or 3 piece costume made to readily available patterns (it’s a coverall) with little else required. It is not really that labor intensive as my mentor made one in front of me during a 7 hour period.

I bring that up because it is a simple costume to make with no real adornments. The Jaffa leather pieces include multiple flaps and folds at unusual angles, filled folds on the vest, and fall in a curved manner on the skirt in two pieces on each of the front and back skirt pieces. There was no basis for the overall pattern, nor was it ever done before on a site that documents such construction. We had to do everything by hand and by eye.

You say that we “undoubtedly used [your skirt] as part of the pattern making process.” I find this very laughable for two reasons. First, our piece is constructed with different seam formats to yours. Second, we were unable to pattern your pieces and simply replicated it based on visual inspection. If we had been able to pull apart your original prop (thus destroying it), then it would be your pattern because we would have just traced the parts out.

At no point did I state that others would not see the higher cost of RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT OF A PATTERN THAT WE HAD TO MAKE ON VISUAL INSPECTION ONLY. I stated that the cost of pattern resizing would be split up among several purchases. The reason we charged you a higher amount was we believed that the suit was going to be a one-off. We were hired for the single reproduction of a costume piece, not to make a run of them.

Later, when we looked at the response to pictures from THG, we began looking at the possibilities of making the suits again and selling them. We were hired to reproduce a single suit. As you do not own the rights to SG-1, and you do not own the work that we did to pattern the costume, we have the right to offer it for free if we see fit. You are not a controlling investor in our company and have absolutely zero say in our business afairs.

I would like to say one last time: We were hired to produce a hero-quality costume based on picture references and about three hours of hands-on inspection of a stunt-quality costume and various picture references and screen captures of hero-quality costumes on the internet. We produced the one costume we were hired to produce under the impression this was a replica for a private costumer. We retained the pattern as it was created by us, using various forms of investigative media, including a screen-used stunt suit.

At which point in this process should you own the patterns that we made through our own research? You claim that you should own our patterns because you own a stunt-quality piece that we used in our research, but it was one of about thirty individual pieces of media that we used. So, if you want to get technical, you own only one-thirtieth of our patterns.

However, if you would like ownership of the pattern, we can negotiate a use agreement of them with a commission for each item sold. However, this would require us to get detailed records of your sales as well as a minimum number of sales per quarter. If you are unable to produce at least 3 sales per quarter, which is what it looks like the demand is here for at least two years, then we would have to reach another agreement. Oh, and if you wish to hire us to produce them, then we would need materials plus a greater percentage of the profits because of the time and wear on our machines.

2) Time
-- After their full time prop girl left, then they had no real prospect of themselves getting all my stuff replicated and run's done of them for sale into the community as Kim has a full time office job
-- I could not leave my stuff with them for years before I ever saw it myself, so I pulled the plug
I’m not sure who this “prop girl” is that you are talking about. However, since THG is a multi-person small business, why would you make the claim that one person did all the work? Yes, Kim does have an outside job, but it’s no different in my small business (my wife works at an outside job). That doesn’t mean that nothing gets done. This person you’re talking about still assists them. So, I don’t know why you are claiming she did all the work and was the reason you reneged on your contract with them when she stepped away from full-time with their business.

3) Quality
-- after the resident prop girl left, the quality of their work on my items went down the pan -- recall that "bad staff we did" comment, and Andy19422 can confirm that the 16 Minigates that they cast for me are complete crap -- I sent him them all for re-work
I was actually visiting while the “prop girl” was casting those mini-gates. So, that argument is invalid.

Are you now claiming that THG does not do good work? If you did not believe them capable of doing the reproduction work you wanted, why did you hire them? From the reproduction pictures I have seen that they made for you, I’d have to say that their level of quality is at least equal to the screen-used items. People don’t even have to take my word for this, they can see it themselves in their FACEBOOK PICTURES.

But at the end of the day, this thread was not started because of quality, or because of price, or because of the seen lack of time that could be put into doing work for me, or because of molds that we're all supposed to believe were damaged by cold and fluctuating temperatures over the course of just 3-4 months, and were not damaged by the taking of unauthorised casts from them
Is it since September of last year or just three or four months? Your story changed. They received the shipment in September of 2013. So, unless they sent everything to you in January of 2014, your story had changed about the period of time they had the items in their possession. So, which is it? If you stick to a specific period of time, it will lend greater credibility to your allegations.

Also, did you not hire them to take molds of your items? Are you now claiming that took molds and are keeping them? What proof do you have of this? The only item they are selling was sculpted out of clay. So, unless they disguised their cast as a block of clay and slowly sculpted it down to an item that has better detail quality than any of the screen-used pieces, your argument is invalid.

This thread was started and evidences provided that clearly state that my items were 3d scanned, measured and had hundreds of photographs taken with the sole express aim of doing their own replica's of my items and then selling them into the community, and to which those very same items that they had in their possession are unequivocally on record as being items which they have stated that they ARE going to be releasing replica's of

So, you are saying that they took 3d scans, measurements, and hundreds of pictures with the purpose of recreating screen-used items to sell. Isn’t this what you hired them to do? Just because you renege on the contract does not mean they have to reformat their hard drives, retract any sales preview statements, and erase their memories of what happened. You did not have them sign a non-disclosure agreement with regards to an intellectual property that you do not own. They made promises to the community that they would be reproducing and selling these items WITH YOUR APPROVAL before you decided to pull the plug.

The hard fact is, that if THG had not had those said items of mine in their possession, that they would NOT be in a position to be offering out replica's of them
They are not in possession of a Supernatural Angel Blade, but they are selling a screen-accurate recreation of that item. They are not in possession of a Star Wars Scout Trooper Blaster, but they are selling a screen-accurate recreation of them. They are not in possession of a Master Chief helmet, but their first huge run of sales was just that. Do you believe that you are in ownership of the only screen-used items from SG-1? Do you believe that you are the owner of the intellectual property of Sony? Do you believe that all of the pictures they have seen of SG-1 items are from you?

The fact is that they had the screen-used items in their possession because you hired them to reproduce them. They took multiple pictures, scans, and measurements for the reproduction of those items, as you had hired them to do. You are now upset that they are using those multiple scans, pictures, and measurements to create what you feel should be only yours to sell.

I am NOT averse to other people selling Stargate items into the community (apart from the mentioned banned RPF member who placed a misleading ebay ad for Ra Masks)
-- but what does not sit right, is a propmaker having done all their stated (and unauthorized) things with my items, going on record as stating that they are going to be offering out those very same items as replica's to the Stargate community
-- THIS is something that does not add up
Can you please tell us what you believe was unauthorized? You hired them to replicate the screen-used props. You hired them to prepare to sell to the American market on your behalf. You hired them to document the details of the items they received from the sale you purchased. As you do not own the intellectual property of SG-1, they are free to recreate any and all items as long as they sculpt those items themselves.

Unless you can prove that they did anything you did not wish them to do in the course of their work, all you are doing is throwing a tantrum that they are planning to use the pictures of items you own (but shipped to them without paying for storage) to recreate with their own molds and sell. You are only alleging recasting because you believe the use of pictures is the same as recasting.

I will leave you for now, with what were THG's final words in their post above -- because they are in a way, pretty damning
"" forced us into accepting business models/contracts that we were not only unfamiliar with, but disagreed strongly with ""

ie -- THG were obviously NOT happy to work under a good labour commission based contract of 20 dollars an hour
ie -- THG wanted a bigger slice of the pie , and this was to be 90% of the profits per item
Did they not try to negotiate a percentage of the sales of the props rather than the much-higher hourly rate? You claim they wanted “a bigger slice of the pie” than the $20/hour, but you don’t seem to be showing their post that would back up your claim. I’ve known them for a while and cannot see them ever suggesting 90% commission. I can see it as more of a 50% after materials costs, but if you have proof to the contrary, then please provide it.

Rather than agree to a commission and materials, you instead hired a three-person company at $20/hour to do this work. That’s $360/day for a six hour workday. You were paying them the probably cost of one pull of a staff weapon per day rather than paying them per sale of a staff weapon. And you were paying them this amount during their time to clean up your props and molds and prepare them to be used for production. How is this some form of desire for more money than taking a commission from the sales after materials costs? Once the molds were completed and they were able to produce casts of the items, they would have made more money with even a 25% commission (though that would be low-balling it since they are doing all the work).

I have seen them cast 10 Star Wars blasters in a 24 hour period. Let’s say they can cast 5 staff weapons in a 24 hour period. The current price of replica staff weapons are about $1000, but let’s say they sell them for $750, so that would equate to a daily income of $3750. Let’s say $1000 is the cost of materials, so the profit after materials (which are far cheaper in bulk) is $2750. So, a 25% commission would equate to $687.50 per day, or about twice what they would make hourly.

How can you believe they were money-grubbing for wanting a commission of the profits rather than hourly pay when it is them doing all the work. And this is assuming that all 5 staff weapons turn out during the demold process, does not count maintenance or remolding necessary, or days when they might not be able to produce items due to one reason or another. So, in essence, they will be making the same as the $20/hour pricetag regardless but will have the extra joy of reporting it to the IRS and trying to reason why they are being paid hourly for a small business that is taxed as per-commission.

Its quite clear that for THG everything revolves around money, and the best way to get ALL the pie, is to do copies and casts of items [from 3d scans and otherwise ] that were in their possession and then re-master these into their own screen accurate replica's
You hired them with the claim that they would be able to produce and sell SG-1 items on the American market. They began to advertise on their facebook page that they were going to begin production and sales of SG-1 props. This happened back when you seemed happy with their work and you were making positive comments in the various posts.

You should remember that it was you who reneged on the deal you made with them. How is it them wanting all of the pie when it was you who pulled out of the agreement? They had told their supporters, followers, and customers that they would be offering SG-1 props. Would you like them to post a retraction because you broke the deal you had with them, or is it possible that they will be producing their own replica pieces to meet the demand they advertised based on pictures they took of screen-used props?

Also, why do you believe that your pictures are the only pictures they are using? There are other items from the collection that are in possession by others who post the pictures online for all to see, rather than hording them. These include higher-detail models from close-up shots of certain scenes (the ultra-detail staff weapon where it is close-up shot taking the power core out). There are also the prop department pictures, production pictures, and concept pictures.

Your main contention seems to be that they are providing the services you contracted them to provide to the community, but backed out on. You claim they are doing this for the money, but would not they still have made money if you had upheld your end of the agreement and let them produce the props for the community to purchase?

This all goes back to the same issue, you do not own the intellectual property they are making and feel wronged that they are providing something to the community that you feel they should not because they touched screen-used items. This is not recasting, my friend, nor whatever kind of argument you are trying to level at them today, or whatever different accusation you try leveling at them next.

Though, you no longer are claiming that the sin they are guilty of is recasting, or the sin of using pictures which you do not own. It has now seemingly changed to the sin of wanting to make money. Could you please get your story straight about why you are upset and want them banned from the community? It might help to convince others.

It's not hearsay it's in the Facebook messages that they had scans done.
Land your big long posts are that of the guilty party. You have a stake in this to make $ as you work for or with THG.

No matter how your post they was hired to make cast not use the props molds to make there own for sale which they stated in messages to Stefan they have taken the sizes from his props and molds photos and 3d scan to make there own for sale.

OK, look, I'm not the one on trial here, so this pointless asking of questions after questions from you post after post to the thread is getting be very boring, repetitive, and tiresome
And I cant be bothered answering them time after time and saying the same thing, so I'll just answer some relevant points

1) Do you, or the rest of the community, believe that THG violated the standards and expectations of the Replica Prop Forum because they took scans, pictures, and measurements of screen-used items for the purpose of replication, as they were hired by you to do?

ABSOLUTELY
Its on record, it can not be questioned, and its there in plain black and white for all to see
THG Admitted to taking 3d scans, whatever measurements, whatever hundreds of pictures they saw fit with the sole aim of producing replica items
And we are told to believe that over the space of 3-4 months, that miraculously at the same time, that 3 unique original molds costing 6000 dollars " died because of a cold garage and fluctuating temperatures"
-- but hey ho, also miraculously, THG are now gonna produce screen accurate replica's of the very same items which
A) they admitted to 3d scanning, and
B) which were also items from molds that "died from the cold"
But not only this, then were clearly shown in a THG post to that all these are going to be " Restoration " projects

And are we really to think that Kim Kieser (Luananko) knew absolutely nothing of this going on ?
--- And When questioned not once but TWICE, and clearly accused of using my props for their own benefit they refused to answer
--- And as regards Luananko's response that Ron is sick and not unable to answer a plain question is just absurd beyond belief, and are we to also suppose that Ron never showed to Kim my message posts to him. and that only NOW does Kim know of them when they are husband and wife and co-owners or whatever of the business
---come on, smell the coffee,

To EVERYONE
-- let me show you something ABSOLUTELY DAMNING about the practices of THG,
and something that quite clearly shows their ethos of " If We like it, we'll take it, we'll copy it, and we'll sell it "

On the 26th of September 2014, THG posted the following update on their THG page ( replicated word for word below )
(sorry I can't upload as a photo but maybe this is because I'm replying to this post using the "quote" option and not as a clean "reply")

" As requested by Valve's paralegal team, the combustible lemons have been withdrawn from Etsy"
[ to the outside USA folks, Etsy is a sales platform site ]
" If you still wish to have one just message us"
"These things happen and I hold no resentment to them"
" I knew this was a possibility when I made them "

So lets look at the facts here
A) Before they even started making replica combustible lemons to sell them, they clearly knew it was wrong -- ie " I knew this was a possibility when I made them "
B) They get caught and issued with some kind of cease and desist order by the legal department of Valve
C) In spite of the issued C&D , they clearly state " If you still wish to have one just message us" -- so they CLEARLY Show a blatant disregard to the C&D

Does this not speak volumes about the working practices of THG ?

7) Will you be seeking the expulsion of any other members of RPF who likewise use high detail pictures, scans, or measurements to reproduce screen-used items for their personal use or sales?
-- you clearly insult everyone's intelligence on the RPF here with such a question, as its quite plain why I've started this thread,

QUOTE]

I re-iterate to everyone who reads these updates, because no matter how many questions are posed by Flagwaver, then if we even choose to ignore what has in all probability gone on with the original molds, then the below in black and white and absolutely undeniable is the issue here

Stefan

Before they even started making replica combustible lemons to sell them, they clearly knew it was wrong

So you own the intellectual property rights to the Stargate franchise?

Let's not argue legal semantics and stick to the facts, and the fact is, they cannot be "banned" for producing replica props that they haven't yet produced. Let me repeat that: nothing has been produced. Your arguement is hinged on a what-if, and this isn't Minority Report. We don't convict people in the court of public opinion before they've committed the crime. Or do we?

I think there are valid points on both sides of this dispute but it's becoming a circular debate.

It's simple and funny how your account is new was it made to just post here is it a sockpuppet account of THG.

And grey Stefan asnt said he owns the rights nor as he said people can't make stargate props what he has said is that THG who I'm guessing you are friends with or working for same as the other guy posting don't understand is. They was hired to do a job that job was to make replicas/casts for a hourly wages using stefans molds and he will cover all costs . They asked for a cut of the sales and Stefan said no as they are being paid already. Then they said proof on post one that they will just make there own from potod they have taken of his props and molds the sizes from his props and molds and the 3d scans they took of his props and molds. Which is dirty shady and outright wrong. and now after them telling him molds was good next thing they are damaged and can't be used.

Stefan as no issues with anyone making props as long as they haven't Used his items he owns. Is it that hard to understand I make stargate props and me and Stefan get on great and even sent stuff over for me to work on and before anyone says I have a stake in this to make $ no I don't as I've only asked for the materials to be covered and a cast(which I won't keep as I give it away ) that will be used for Feel the force day

Grey you jump on Stefan about owning copyright it was THG and there co worker who brought copyright up first why not jump on them ummm

End of day guys and girls you know you have done wrong the proof is all in post one with the private messages keep posting attacking Stefan is just making yourself look bad as his only posted facts where your posting crap and it's plan as day your posting in support of THG and your just making yourself look untrustworthy cause I won't deal with any of you buying from or selling to

Cause they wasn't hired to take any photos scan or the sizes They was hired to make casts using his molds and props.
And if he didn't hire them they wouldn't have had the props and molds to take scans photos of them would they.

There was no need to make scans photos or take sizes. I do a lot of casting and have never scanned take photos of masters or taken sizes to then go and make my own version.
Cant you not see they was hired and trusted with very rare and highly priced items for them to then go and use said items to cut the owner and man who hired the out and make there own versions using his item which he paid for and at this point they aren't even a penny out of pocket they have made money from him and he has nothing but damaged molds

And why have you just joined was it to just post on this thread cause I'm thinking your THG or a friend and made that account just to post in support of them

Ok I've been asked to make casts of a helmet and will get paid for doing so I agree to terms and get started
I ask for a cut of the sales price even after I agreed to terms. I'm told no so I then say of well I will make my own with 3d scans of your mold and helmet and I've taken 200 photos and sizes from your mold and a cast. Is this right for me to do ?

NO it's not as I was hired to make casts nothing more there is no need for 200 photos to be take a scan or sizes. Take a hand full of photos of cast to show the ower of the mold but not 200.
I'm shocked that some can't see how this is wrong and shady

It's not hearsay it's in the Facebook messages that they had scans done.
Land your big long posts are that of the guilty party. You have a stake in this to make $ as you work for or with THG.

No matter how your post they was hired to make cast not use the props molds to make there own for sale which they stated in messages to Stefan they have taken the sizes from his props and molds photos and 3d scan to make there own for sale.
I am guilty because of a long post? What of Stefan’s posts? Would that guilt not be associated with him for his long post?

Also, I do not have a stake in this. I am not associated with THG beyond being hired for a single job which I have completed. My own small business is completely separate from theirs in practically every way (I don’t do hard prop yet, only cloth/leather).

Also, it is my understanding that everything THG physically made with the props from Stefan’s purchase were sent with those props to Stefan. They are using the pictures, scans, and measurements taken from those items (along with many others readily available on the net) to make items which are of better quality and more detailed than the screen-used props. So, unless Stefan can claim that he owns the clay used to sculpt the item they are selling, he has little chance of being believed with his many different and changing accusations.

P.S.: One other point. Perhaps the pictures, scans, and measurements were taken for the reason to show the condition of the work in case there was a liability claim made against them. But, I know, they weren’t hired to take the pictures, so why did they. Well, there also weren’t hired to eat and sleep, but I’m sure they did that, too.

I had a long post all typed up in response to Stefan’s post, but I believe that StarryEyes summed it up quite well.

“The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 provides that the author of a photograph is the person who creates it. The author will be the first holder of the copyright in the photograph unless this was created in the course of employment in which case the employer will own the copyright.

It is important to remember that, in the absence of any agreement to the contrary, a photographer that has been commissioned to take photographs will retain the copyright in the resulting work. The surest way to assign copyright is by way of a written agreement as a court will be hesitant to imply terms into an agreement where it is not clear that this was the parties' intention.”

Because, as Stefan stated, there was nothing in the contract stating that photographs could be taken (which includes 3d scans), then the photographs are legally the property of THG and there is no claim upon them by Stefan. His idea that these are illegal is actually contrary to the rulings of the courts in America. Because the supposed offense happened in America, it is here that the case (if any) would have to be heard.

As there is no actual proof of recasting in any of Stefan’s evidence, nor is there any reason for the supposed criminal matter of destruction of private property to be discussed in an open forum when Stefan should have gone to the authorizes, then I suggest that this matter be closed and this thread be locked and archived.

If Stefan believes that he has sufficient evidence of recasting, he should contact the RPF staff with that evidence. If Stefan believes that he has sufficient evidence of a criminal activity, he should contact his local judiciary to handle it. Otherwise, this thread is only being used to discredit a small business in the prop world because Stefan broke a contract he had with them. So far, the only thing I have seen that is problematic is that a member of the RPF broke a contract that he had entered into with a prop maker.

P.S.: One other point. Perhaps the pictures, scans, and measurements were taken for the reason to show the condition of the work in case there was a liability claim made against them. But, I know, they weren’t hired to take the pictures, so why did they. Well, there also weren’t hired to eat and sleep, but I’m sure they did that, too.

Last edited:
Ok ... well there is a LOT of things says in these posts, english is not my native language so it will be a little bit difficult to understand everything but i understand the main things ...

First of all, I am a friend of Stefan, and also followed the work of THG for these past few months, and even talk with Ron sometimes, so i have my feet in both sides ...

Let me get this straight, Stefan absolutely paid for EVERYTHING done by THG, every hours of works, every tasks they did, everything ... THG took absolutely no risks in this, because in the case the casts pull from the molds didn't get sold, THG was still paid for the work done.

Let's face it people, when you hire someone, and paid for absolutely everything, the results of these works belong to you.
When a company hire someone to build cars, the cars belong to the company
When a company hire someone to build a house, the house belong to the company
etc

In that case, the results of THG works belong to stefan, of course THG has to be mentionned for doing this, but the results belong to Stefan

About the pics and 3d scans....

Well Stefan spend thousands and thousands of dollars to acquire these props, he lent them to THG to make replicas and sells.
We all know that it's ok to make pics from a props you 're hire to make replicas from.
But when the deal is over or cancelled you can't keep these pics or 3d scans to make your owns casts.
By doing that THG will be making money on these casts on the back of Stefan, without the stefan's props they would never have been possible to get this props in their hands.

Some of you are saying this is how this community is based, by doing replicas from pics or whatever the same process : ok it is, but this props have been in television for over 20 years, almost no one never made scratch build from them, why ? because it is nearly impossible to get all the details from the show, you need the real props in your hands for that.

It's like you have props at home, and someone come to your home and take pics from yours props and then making replicas behind your back, that's the same, making props from the pics and 3d scans, it's like making them from the real props, so you need the authorization from the propowner ...

I think Stefan's issue is the fact that it appears some (mask) molds at the very least were used 1 last time and damaged and/or destroyed in the process....a 1 time use that wasn't authorized as a deal wasn't worked out & money exchange hands yet to make those pulls/clean up new masters for him by THG. Backed up by the bad staff weapon cast conversation that THG tried to work a deal for to use as the basis for their own new master.

Photos/scans would be 1 thing as really those are non-damaging.... quickly using the molds for a quick plug to remaster later that results in damaging the molds before they get shipped back to the owner to offer a future competing product.... just taking advantage of the situation & if the damage is beyond repair.... hosing the mold owner. So basically now there's the potential that replicas w/ screen lineage will be made to compete with Stefan's offerings if he is able to still salvage the molds for 1 last cast.

I know that I'm not really supposed to post on here since my wife actually is the one who is good with words, but I do want to point this out.

I have pics not just from his set but others as well, and there are pictures of it in HD archived on the auction sites from when these were all sold :x You can find the shots easily by doing a google image search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back