Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

My bad, sounds a lot like an instrumental version of Mad World. If Sam Smith can be sued by Tom Petty for three notes sounding the same, think that the writers of Mad World would have a much bigger case here. :)

It is a cover of "Mad World" by Tears for Fears and I'm pretty sure that it was licensed, I'm not sure about where covers fall in regards to copyrights and the like but I've never heard of anybody getting into trouble over a cover before.

Not saying that anyone did anything wrong, most likely did not, just that when I first watched the BTS footage that was the first thought I had - Mad World/Donnie Darko. I like the instrumental. :)

Apparently going back to how the OT was made doesn't include making blasters out of real world weapons. Heck there's a ton of neat looking Mcquarrie blaster designs in the Art of books!

Adam Savage reveals that his good friend Phil Tippet is doing some animation 'old-school' style for TFA,........just like he did in the original film,.....animation in the original film?....why was Phil Tippet brought in to the original film for?

Chess anyone?

J

Last edited by a moderator:
The blaster might be the ONLY thing that made me wince! :)

Agreed. But I'm hoping we're wrong and it's not a blaster at all, but maybe a specialized weapon like a grappling hook or rocket launcher that he uses in one scene. It's still a little silly looking, but with any luck he won't be toting it around the whole film.

WHEW... I'm exhausted just reading it! I can't imagine how I'll feel after seeing it - if it's true!

And if so... Let's bring on the HS stand-alone films! :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back