My New Life-Size T1 "I'll Be Back" Terminator (Lots of Pics)

Looks great! :) The only thing I don't really like is the skin, too even and unrealistic. But then again that is one of the most difficult things to get "right".

Ever think that because he's actually a machine underneath that his skin might not be exactly like a human being's? I personally think the skin looks fantastic, but I've learned on this forum that you'll always find at least one person to nitpick a piece apart no matter how good it is. :rolleyes

A couple more pics of Arnold and his best friend. ;)

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

IMG_2376.jpg

You kept this one as a surprise you b@stard!! hahaha :lol

Turned out great...what a pair! If I was the Joker I'd stand on the other side of the room!!

Posted this again but do you have a fett?

Yes, I have a 1:1 Fett, but it's not thought of too highly around here because it isn't exactly screen accurate. It's the old Don Post statue from the mid-90s and there are less than 200 of them in existence. If the upcoming Sideshow Fett is good I've got a buyer for this one and I'll swap them out, but honestly even though he's not accurate I still really like the look of him.

100_1084.jpg

Yah he does look great! You got a beautiful collection. The dented helmet probably has some on you could commission for a fett statue, with a greattttt amount of accuracys and you could were it too. Check em out, if you haven't already.

Yah he does look great! You got a beautiful collection. The dented helmet probably has some on you could commission for a fett statue, with a greattttt amount of accuracys and you could were it too. Check em out, if you haven't already.

Oh, I've spent plenty of time looking around TDH, but I just don't have it in me right now to do another scratch build....especially on a character who has such a complex costume like Boba's. I really hope Sideshow's statue coming next year is screen accurate, but if not I'll probably just live with the inaccurate DP Fett a while longer. ;)

Thanks for your nice words about my collection.

Ever think that because he's actually a machine underneath that his skin might not be exactly like a human being's? I personally think the skin looks fantastic, but I've learned on this forum that you'll always find at least one person to nitpick a piece apart no matter how good it is. :rolleyes

According to the films the T-800's have flesh and blood, they even produce sweat... and they are supposed to look human in every detail, unlike the T-600 with their rubber skin ;)
That was definitely not nitpicking.
Nitpicking: too clean, lacking bullet holes and general distressing :p

According to the films the T-800's have flesh and blood, they even produce sweat... and they are supposed to look human in every detail, unlike the T-600 with their rubber skin ;)
That was definitely not nitpicking.
Nitpicking: too clean, lacking bullet holes and general distressing :p

Looks like a real human to me:

IMG_2373.jpg

Perfectly happy with mine the way it is, but feel free to show me yours if you think it's better.

Oh, and I'm not interested in putting bullet holes in a $400 leather jacket so there will be no "battle damage" done on this piece. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Looks like a real human to me:

http://s27.postimg.org/5ylyoqg37/IMG_2373.jpg

Perfectly happy with mine the way it is, but feel free to show me yours if you think it's better.

Oh, and I'm not interested in putting bullet holes in a $400 leather jacket so there will be no "battle damage" done on this piece. Thanks anyway.

Well as long as you're happy with it, that's what matters ;) I don't have one, nor do I want one.

I did put any bullet holes in my sideshow T1 jacket either :p didn't expect you to either.

Looks awesome.

I would have a word with Mr. Johnson (Johnson Arms Replicas) about his "perfectly accurate AR18 rifle," though.

An 80's Armalite did not have a big honking picatinny rail on the top of the receiver and was stamped steel. Yours looks like it's based on modern cast aluminum AR15 upper and lower receivers. The flash hider is wrong too. The actual prop is pictured on IMFDB.

Sorry, but nitpicking is what this site is all about.

It is still a great piece.

Last edited:
Looks awesome.

I would have a word with Mr. Johnson (Johnson Arms Replicas) about his "perfectly accurate AR18 rifle," though.

An 80's Armalite did not have a big honking picatinny rail on the top of the receiver and was stamped steel. Yours looks like it's based on modern cast aluminum AR15 upper and lower receivers. The flash hider is wrong too. The actual prop is pictured on IMFDB.

Sorry, but nitpicking is what this site is all about.

It is still a great piece.

I've already received several compliments on the gun so clearly it's "good enough" to past muster for 99.9% of the people looking at this piece. Short of getting an actual AR-18 rifle(which wasn't an option) this was the best I could do and as far as I'm concerned it looks damn good. I understand that nitpicking is a part of this site, but sometimes it's even more than I can take. I'm sure you were only trying to help, but comments like those could be handled through a PM rather than stealing thunder from my thread. Same thing goes for The Terminator and his ridiculous comments above. Sometimes I think it's not even worth the bother to be on this site anymore. :rolleyes

Dude, I complimented you twice on an awesome piece. I agree it would be "good enough," but you open yourself up when you used the words, "perfectly accurate." It is not.

If all you want to hear is effusive praise, send the pictures to your mom.

Dude, I complimented you twice on an awesome piece. I agree it would be "good enough," but you open yourself up when you used the words, "perfectly accurate." It is not.

Like I said, you could have done it via PM rather than trying to steal thunder from my thread, but after your last comment it's obvious you're not the most tactful individual so I'm not surprised. :rolleyes

I'll just end this back and forth with you right now as it's obviously going nowhere fast. Good bye!

Quoted for the truth. "Perfectly accurate" or "100% accurate" is basically none-existing.
And if you don't want to hear any negativity what-so-ever. Then the interwebs is not a place for you. Seeing as how you have been here on the board for such a long time this shouldn't be news to you. Just like no one is here to steal your "thunder".

I certainly didn't post any " ridiculous comments". Someone posting a simple "that sucks!" would be such a comment. I cannot say I have seen many comments like that on this forum.

Quoted for the truth. "Perfectly accurate" or "100% accurate" is basically none-existing.
And if you don't want to hear any negativity what-so-ever. Then the interwebs is not a place for you. Seeing as how you have been here on the board for such a long time this shouldn't be news to you. Just like no one is here to steal your "thunder".

I certainly didn't post any " ridiculous comments". Someone posting a simple "that sucks!" would be such a comment. I cannot say I have seen many comments like that on this forum.
Guys don't continue doing that, its clear he doesn't like the feedback you guys are giving. Part of being in this community is getting along with everyone. And that RULE applys to everyone.

I guess I'm just different because when I go into someone's thread and look at a project they have put together I don't nitpick it and even if I did have criticisms to point out I would do it via PM and not in their thread.

Regardless, I'm 100% happy with how the statue turned out and I will not be changing a single thing about it. Period.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back