Done / Completed Done

TheRocketeer

Master Member
OK so I have been playing around in my 3D programs the last few weeks off and on.. came up with some stuff that I wanted to make..though others might want them as well?

So I have 3 different pieces I have printed up and are ready to master/mold if there is interest :)

The Earpiece/helmet minimized with or without a "electronics" kit based on the concept, and what I could get from screen caps.. I think this would be around $55usd + shipping as a raw kit with the switch, batteries and LED I had to adjust the cost by $2 I found a single more powerful battery with leads attached, easier for soldering :) so I hope thats not a deal breaker :p
Helmet_earpiece.jpgUntitled-2.jpg

Then the jacket valve, which is now a 2 piece "kit" so its easier to paint. The copper ring will be a separate piece, the center "mesh" will need to be painted gold/yellow. I redid the mesh and printing a new one right now.. better reference :) so more accurate. Colours in the render are just for show.
Its used on the short jacket and the long coat... I think about $25usd + shipping on this one
Valve.jpgvalve_longjacket.jpgvalve_shortjacket.jpg

And the Jacket patch.. I know its been done before but the resin ones are too hard in my opinion, so I figured I would make them in 45D so they flex with your jacket.. I will probably cold cast them..depending on how well 45D can buff up :) $25usd + shipping
Patch.jpg

So if anyone is interested please post up and let me know which one/ones your interested in.. if I get 10 in I will cast that piece up :)

OK here area the first test casts for the Patch and the Valve. I'm still waiting for the electronics for the earpiece so I will most likely mold that up this weekend.. just need the battery to make a good pocket in the back.

The patch is done in 45D so very bendy :) sorry about the colour on the second pic its closer to the first one.. and I buffed it for about 30 secs with steel wool...so it does come out same as a cold cast..

Patch.jpgPatch_bendy.jpg

And the patch test cast..just waiting for my bronze powder to arrive tomorrow so I can do the center ring much lighter :) so same thing, cold cast, buff it up and the center grill will need to be painted gold/yellow.
The above picture is a render....so here is a "finished" cast valve, its been buffed up a bit with steel wool.. I would hit it with some inks still, plus I will be doing the center ring in a copper powder soon to arrive... and it looks a lot more like metal in person..

Finshed_valve.jpg

I forgot to mention, I will do the finishing work on these, buff them, ink and or paint them if needed for $15usd extra
The earpiece I wont be doing the electronics. That will be up to you. I'll put one together and have a "how to" made up before I send them out though.

Last edited:
Re: Star Lord parts Jacket Valve, patch and Earpiece/helmet

Valve for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ear piece please!!!

Although I thought the movie version was a red LED since the helmet has a red LED in the same general area.

On the list :)
Like an ear piece.

-West

Yes sir!
Hook me up

Will do, I figure these are the ones I will end up casting
Ear and valve, please!

Valve for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes sir...and you are correct.. I haven't ordered any LED's or switches yet.. just had that one around :)
Ear piece please!!!

Although I thought the movie version was a red LED since the helmet has a red LED in the same general area.

Potentially interested in the earpiece and valve. I've been trying to see if I can get them printed locally by a friend-of-a-friend with a 3D printer but communication hasn't been great so I might go with another option instead!

Hi Please put me down for the ear piece and patch Painted. Thanks

Down :)
Put me down for the jacket patch.

Thanks

And another ;)
Put me down for the patch

Cheers

Will do :)
All three for me please.

Once I maken yep you can :)
I'll have a valve please.

On the list :)
Ear and valve please

OK..I made these myself so I'm assuming you have different files to print?.. I'll leave you off the lists until you post again...
Potentially interested in the earpiece and valve. I've been trying to see if I can get them printed locally by a friend-of-a-friend with a 3D printer but communication hasn't been great so I might go with another option instead!

Sounds good :)
I'd like an earpiece please!

OK will do, I will probably offer a limited number of patches painted/finished for an extra $15 if people are interested, I'll have to see hoe 45D works with the metal casting first.
Hi Please put me down for the ear piece and patch Painted. Thanks

No the patch is one big piece if you look at the pictures above, the Valve is a 3 piece item..
Interested in the jacket patch, which is a 3 piece

OK..I made these myself so I'm assuming you have different files to print?.. I'll leave you off the lists until you post again...

Yes, sorry, I wasn't clear. I had other files, but am having a really tough time finding someone to print them. Please do put me on your list. Your work is excellent quality and you're extremely reliable, so I think at this point I would rather go with someone that I know would produce a great quality product rather than an unknown with poor communication. Thanks!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back