RubberToe Replicas: Tardis Siege Cube Review!

Tommyd987

Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 22.26.53.png
Hello All! This is the Rubbertoe Replicas Tardis Siege cube, just thought id post a few pics and say a little something about it as there seems to be minimal information on the internet currently, excuse typos as i'm in a hurry! The first image is of the lovely box it comes in with a shiny DW logo on the top
Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 22.27.03.png
As you can see once taken out of the box, it looks marvellous, a very impressive weight. Of course neither prop or replica were real metal but this feels just as heavy so that it could be. Unfortunately the Siege Cube comes with no stand, and this is reflected in it being one of the cheaper replicas on offer from rubbertoe, but this is no problem, as long as you have one small thing, which we'll get to later, for now here's how great it looks in hand.
Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 22.27.25.png
look down, there it is, the Rubik's cube stand, it comes in very helpful as I believe it displays the cube perfectly, showing off all those different Gallifreyan etched faces.
Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 22.27.35.png
Yes, logos aside, the Rubik's cube stand doubles perfectly as your Siege Cube stand, and no one will notice the Logos when they're too busy marvelling at your screen accurate Tardis!
Joking aside, the stand makes a lovely display piece for the cube, and the cube itself is worthy of it. It is fantastic, strong and sturdy and you can see the painstaking detail that has gone into crafting such a fine product. Hats off Robatto. You've done it again. Excellent Piece 10/10.
Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 22.27.14.png
As you can see, the Cube looks perfect surrounded by other Replicas and props you may have. And is a piece is shall display with pride for years to come.
Hope you enjoyed this short review!

What is your opinion on The Siege Cube? Would you buy it? Have you bought it? What did you think?

P.S. I'll have a Rubbertoe 12/11 sonic coming soon so keep an eye out...
Bye :)

Last edited:
Thank you for posting your review! Using a Rubik's cube stand is a great idea. It appears your picture links aren't working though. I have one on order and am even more excited to receive it after seeing your enthusiasm :)

I think i've solved the picture problem, please notify me if otherwise. Other than that thanks for reading, glad you enjoyed it. And yeah it is an amazing replica, the first time you pick it up it just feels right, i guarantee you'll love it :)

Just got mine too. I agree, awesome prop for a great price. Great idea with the stand, I am heading to eBay to find a rubrics cube stand. :)
The detail is really amazing.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I bought a bunch of cube stands wholesale. I want to paint them Tardis blue and I can offer those dirt cheap if anyone wants one.

Maybe don't paint them. Or not all of them. I have some other cube shaped items I could use stands for. :)

But back on topic. The cube is not as blue as I expected. I remember it being more blue in the episode. Maybe it was just the lighting.

The photos don't do it much justice for colour, it is a much more metallic silvery blue in real life, just the flash on my camera makes it look more grey. :)

Maybe don't paint them. Or not all of them. I have some other cube shaped items I could use stands for. :)

But back on topic. The cube is not as blue as I expected. I remember it being more blue in the episode. Maybe it was just the lighting.
I'll have the stands in another week or so, they are coming from China.
I may make a decal for one side that has the prop name on it.
The plan is to paint it Capaldi blue with some light color variances to simulate the weathering on the newest box.
If I'm happy with the stands, I'll order more and will offer them in the JY.

Got the stands today.
They are just a tiny TINY bit too short, so stacking two makes it fit perfectly. I can glue them together and paint the top one a weathered Tardis blue and the edge of the bottom one I could hit with chrome for a really neat look.
Here are the parts as-is:

What more can be said, great prop replica at a great price!!!

Love the idea of putting it on a Rubiks Cube stand so will be picking one up to go with my siege mode cube as it really shows the cube off nicely, thanks for the suggestion.

Picked up a Rubiks Cube with a stand. I glued a piece of plastic to the bottom of the stand and punched a hole in the center of it to provide enough clearance for the corner of the cube. I also filed down all the raised rubiks lettering on each side. Seeing how these type of stands really enhance the cube perhaps Rubbertoe could offer their own version.

file_zps431e49d2.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know why the one listed on their site now says one side is covered in felt? Is this the same mold and the felt is removable or is it an entirely different mold?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back