Various OT lightsaber WannaWanga parts (new ALU MPP shroud)

Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update October: MPP shrouds available)

Are there any new developments coming this year? Also, have you assembled your own Vader saber yet? Did I miss the post somewhere?

Hi! Yes, as you know from the TFA Graflex thread (http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=237477) I'm working on the TFA Graflex kit. It will include the stainless steel clamp cover, the new TFA gold plated edge connector, 6 T-tracks with rivets and the usual Kobold D-ring.

I've already created a preliminary blueprint of this saber on my goodies page: http://wannawanga.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Luke-Rey-TFA.jpg
And I will upload a blueprint of the Luke ROTJ V2 very soon (based on Anakin Starkiller's V2 replica and my own clamp lever).

I've cancelled the development for the Darth Vader ROTJ stunt saber parts (the Graflex conversion), since Roman is working on those (right? @Romans Empire).

That's it!

Roy

PS. Here's a picture of my own converted Heiland:

IMG_7389.jpg

Last edited:

@Banthapudu4788 That's re-chromed Heiland looks superb! What end-cap is that? I've never seen such a smooth end-cap before.

Roy

Looking great. Any chance of an accurate MPP clamp for ANH and ESB versions?

Looking great. Any chance of an accurate MPP clamp for ANH and ESB versions?

I'll think about it. But the current clamp available at TCSS is pretty good already, no? I'm not sure I can reach a decent price for a part like.

It was on another Heiland that I bought some time ago. I bought the Heiland solely for the cap. I just tried to get another on eBay a couple of days ago, but the price got too high for just an end cap.

It was on another Heiland that I bought some time ago. I bought the Heiland solely for the cap. I just tried to get another on eBay a couple of days ago, but the price got too high for just an end cap.

Yeah, I'd say $112 for an end cap is pretty high..... I believe it was the same one I was watching... These flash prices are ridiculous! $100+ for an "incorrect" Heiland. *****

Hi! Yes, as you know from the TFA Graflex thread (http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=237477) I'm working on the TFA Graflex kit. It will include the stainless steel clamp cover, the new TFA gold plated edge connector, 6 T-tracks with rivets and the usual Kobold D-ring.

I've already created a preliminary blueprint of this saber on my goodies page: http://wannawanga.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Luke-Rey-TFA.jpg
And I will upload a blueprint of the Luke ROTJ V2 very soon (based on Anakin Starkiller's V2 replica and my own clamp lever).

I've cancelled the development for the Luke ROTJ stunt saber parts (the Graflex conversion), since Roman is working on those (right? @Romans Empire).

That's it!

Roy

Sounds great! Awesome Heiland conversion btw. I look forward to seeing your 2016 projects completed. I'd say you came in at the right time to be making these kits! Now I just need to convince the wife that I need your ESB Vader kit....And a DL-44 scope....And another Graflex....And...

That was it. I have a Heiland that is less accurate and in decent shape. I figured I would sell that to defray cost but when it went over $90 I was out. I have another project I'm working on and couldn't spare the money on that end cap. Oh wells.

That Heiland auction w/ that end cap is only the second time I've seen one. I have the first I ever saw. Coincidentally, the one I have was on an identical flash. Not sure why some come with the "HR" logo and others like that. Maybe someone knows that could shed some light on it.

That was it. I have a Heiland that is less accurate and in decent shape. I figured I would sell that to defray cost but when it went over $90 I was out. I have another project I'm working on and couldn't spare the money on that end cap. Oh wells.

That Heiland auction w/ that end cap is only the second time I've seen one. I have the first I ever saw. Coincidentally, the one I have was on an identical flash. Not sure why some come with the "HR" logo and others like that. Maybe someone knows that could shed some light on it.

I don't know what exactly differentiates what kind of End Cap comes on which Heiland. But from what I can tell, it seems the proper End Cap with a wide knurl and bottom screw hole came on that style 3-Cell like was in the auction. And the other End Cap with a wide knurl but HR logo on bottom came with 2-Cell flash guns. But that's just based on my experience. Sym-Cha might know for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just from years of looking and based on what I've bought, this is what I've observed. The Heiland flash that has a tube and bulb socket similar to an MPP typical has an octagonal end cap with a screw mount on the end and a chromed band that covers the outside thread of the cap. This has been observed irregardless of being a 2 or 3 cell.

I've only seen the less accurate Heiland tubes with inaccurate bulb sockets to have a coin-edge knurled end cap. Almost all of them have a "HR" logo or some variation of it. This is also irregardless of being a 2 or 3 cell.

It makes me believe that the two end caps that I've seen w/ the coin-edge knurl and no logo may have been aftermarket replacements or something similar. I never looked into it. I'm just happy to have at least one and maybe another in the future.

I've cancelled the development for the Luke ROTJ stunt saber parts (the Graflex conversion), since Roman is working on those (right? @Romans Empire).

That's it!

Roy

PS. Here's a picture of my own converted Heiland:

View attachment 582842

I love your blueprints. I want these framed on my wall.

What did that replating job cost?

Replating and script removal was about $90.

I didn't even know that could be done. I've got a Heiland on the way (tracking says it should arrive today :D) and I might consider getting that done. The results on your saber are fantastic!

@roygilsing What do you think about making just the silver sidebars for the clamp for the ANH sabers?

Shoot, I say do a whole clamp with aluminum sidebars, and while you're at it, perhaps a replica exactra circuit board piece for underneath the bubbles :cool. The TCSS clamp is great, but I know that you could knock it out of the park.

If you are unable to find someone locally to replate the Heiland, I can give the web address to the company I used. Very nice guy, very helpful.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back