Franchises your pooped out on but are not supposed to be as a fanboy/girl?

As a die-hard Star Wars fan, it pains me to say that I'm burnt out on Star Wars; not even a mild curiosity for Force Awakens. I still have the original movies and I still go to them when I need my fix but seeing old things again in what's supposed to be new things just doesn't get me going.

Also, I'm so glad discussions like these are going now. For some time now I've felt like I was taking crazy pills or something as I'm nowhere near excited for almost everything that's come out like some others. It's so relieving to know others exist.:p

I'm not either, but as far as I'm concerned, Star Wars ended in 1983 and everything that's come out since has been bad fanfic. I watch these videos online of people crying at the new Star Wars trailer and I just watched it and yawned. If the new movies are good, I'll see them. If not, I won't. I don't care about them one way or the other.

I'm completely done with X-Men. I recently watched the first of the Nolan Batman series and it sucked, I won't be watching the others.

As for Marvel, I thought Iron Man 3 was fantastic, but the fans who want Iron Man flying around destroying everything are bound to be disappointed.

On the subject of Star Wars, I enjoyed the prequels. I could live without Jarjar but they were still fun.

Batman, Spiderman, Superman. Hmm, pretty much all the "___man" movies. And I want to see the next Star Wars movie, but I'm not crying or jumping up and down over the latest trailer. I have a morbid interest to see if there is a lot of lens flare and what character they introduce for comic relief. Heck, I'm more excited about Super Troopers 2 finally being made.

Transformers: i'm a huge fan but i just can't like these live action movies even with some of the original voice actors i them, not to mention the newest cartoons are terrible. I mean i didn't like Transformers Animated at first but it grew on me but the new ones not at all. The ghost in the shell anime series if they're not going to make any more Stand Alone Complex as the Arise miniseries was really painful. Actually the same with Appleseed, they keep remaking the same first half of the story instead of covering what's in the rest of the books.

Batman, Spiderman, Superman. Hmm, pretty much all the "___man" movies. And I want to see the next Star Wars movie, but I'm not crying or jumping up and down over the latest trailer. I have a morbid interest to see if there is a lot of lens flare and what character they introduce for comic relief. Heck, I'm more excited about Super Troopers 2 finally being made.

I found nothing interesting in the second trailer, it was slow and boring. Seeing Han look old isn't amazing. The flight of the Millenium Falcon through wreckage has been done. All I see Disney doing is saying "see, we're going to do all the things you loved before" instead of just making a really good movie. Catering to nostalgia isn't interesting, sorry.

This is the saddest thread ever.
Somewhat, yes. But for me it begs the question, "Why did you ("you" in a broad, general sense, that is, not you specifically Risu) get "pooped out" on a franchise you were formerly head-over-heels for?" Have you been disappointed by the way your "franchise of choice" has progressed over the years? Is it simple boredom? Oversaturation? Have your tastes changed as you've grown older? Something else?

For me, I'd have to say it's a combination of all of the above, even though I can't really think of any favorite franchises I've completely lost interest in at the moment. But as I've grown older I've realized the biggest change in my appreciation of any franchise is me. I no longer have the desire or the energy to get all worked up over this stuff. Regardless of the franchise affiliation, I either like something or I don't. If I like it, I'll watch or read it again and again, and if I don't like it I won't. Simple as that.

I should clarify, the sad part is reading everybody's reasons for not liking things any more that I still personally do like. I totally get burning out on things. The reason for me is usually because the thing changes. Star Wars and Doctor Who both turned into things that kind of suck. That being said, I'm still really excited about episode 7 because it's a chance for it to turn around and become awesome again. I don't think I've ever gotten bored with something, and complaints about oversaturation are something I just don't understand. Maybe it's because I don't have cable, but I never HAVE to see too much of something. Most of those complaints are Marvel related, and yea Marvel is really prominent, but if you distance yourself from it slightly you can still be really excited about all the new movies without getting bombarded with the marketing.

The next SW should have been set long after ROTJ, maybe even 1000 years.
I bet Abrams would have been so in over his head there! LOL What to do? what to do?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back