How to cover up a cleft chin with Skin Wax?

StaggzCosplay

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,
So, I'm working on a costume where I want to cover up my cleft chin and make it look smoother. It isn't a very prominent cleft chin, if anything, it's not very noticeable at all... very shallow and small.
So here's what my idea is...
I've ordered some nose and scar wax, and I want to see if these steps sound like what I should do:
1) mix the wax with some makeup to get it as close as possible to my skin tone
2) use spirit gum and attach the wax
3)smooth the wax
4)smooth the wax with vaseline
5) take away the excess vaseline
6) texture it with a sponge (and tooth pick to add pores where my hair would usually come out of my face)
7) seal it with something like a flex sealer
8) powder it with a translucent powder sealer
9) use a liquid foundation on a sponge and just LIGHTLY dab some liquid foundation all over my face and then gently blend it in so that you can still see my skin color under it and it doesn't go into my pores (making it look less like makeup and more natural)
10) sealing it with a spray makeup sealer

Let me know if you think that will work, or if there's a better method!
Thanks!

It is worth a try but I think there will be too much motion in that area for wax to work. I think the silicones that you can apply directly to the skin have a much higher chance of success as they will remain flexible. They sell little kits for burns and scars. Plus, that way the little appliance can be peeled off and reused with a little ProsAide to stick it back on.

It is worth a try but I think there will be too much motion in that area for wax to work. I think the silicones that you can apply directly to the skin have a much higher chance of success as they will remain flexible. They sell little kits for burns and scars. Plus, that way the little appliance can be peeled off and reused with a little ProsAide to stick it back on.

Do you mean like skin tite? If the wax doesnt work, that sounds like it would... question though, can I get it to match my skin texture and color like a wax would? I dont know how much movement is going to be going on down there though either, so if the wax looks really good, I hope it works haha (im wearing it with an 89 keaton cowl, so im waiting to see how that squeezes my face as well, because I wont be making many facial expressions.). But, I do really like the skin tite idea.

Yes, you can texture it like wax just before it cures. Stupid question: why are you covering a cleft if the goal is Keaton? He has a pretty good dimple!

Hey, nose and scar wax won't really mix with foundation, the wax is the wrong consistancy. It also doesn't stick that well with spirit gum. I worked in the make-up industry for ten years, and never really liked it all that much. You could try stippling your chin with latex and cotton, then when the area is covered, apply a thin layer of castor sealer and then matching make-up. I once used this technique to cover a very deep scar and it worked great.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back