Gerry Anderson - Firestorm Project

kcpstudio

Sr Member
Hi Guys,

not sure if this is the place or even if I can post some links. But, this is a really cool project and I wanted to share this with all of you. If I'm going about this the wrong way, forgive me..... as I don't have to time to be learning all the various laws of the land laid here. :)

So, I was informed of a really cool project by two good friends of mine.... Jamie Anderson and Peter Greenwood. Jamie's father, for those that don't know, is Gerry Anderson. And if you don't know Gerry.... you definitely know some of the cool work he's given us which has shaped our childhood. Well, maybe some of us that are getting up there in age. LOL A couple of those shows were The Thunderbirds and Space 1999.

Well, Gerry had an idea for a show called Firestorm and its pretty cool. His son, Jamie, with the help of a lot of us industry guys and a lot of awesome backers like you, are making Gerry's show a reality.... just the way he wanted it. With really cool puppets, real practical effects, and REAL explosions.... NO CG. I looked around on the RPF but didn't see that anyone covered it in any threads. For that, I'm sorry because this is something I truly think some of you guys would have loved to see. So, I'm here now to bring you up to speed.

My part in the project is building all the cool weapons and gadgets.... and maybe a special item which I can't discuss right now. Another good friend of mine, Eric Chu, is a concept designer for the project. For those that don't know Eric.... he is the creator of the new Cylon for the new BSG. As well as the Raider, the Base Ship, worked on the new Galactica... etc etc. There are a ton of other talented industry folks involved as well.

We started a Kickstarter campaign to raise enough funds for a trailer. We met the initial goal and have met some of the other goals as well.... to include explosions. LOL Yes.... F@CKING BANG! Anyway, we got about 10 days left and I want to at least bring all of your attention to the Kickstarter page.... as well as a behind the scenes video I did on fabricating some kick ass weapons. A good deal of you guys know me already and know I tend to build weapons for scifi shows and films. Well, imagine the same amount of detail in a weapon that's like 3" long. I'm talking lights, spinning emitters, LEDS.... all in a very tiny package and all practical effects.

The reason I put the thread here is because I donated all my prototypes, on two of the weapons, to the Kickstarter campaign. I get a lot of emails from all of you asking for replicas and with my schedule, its so hard for me to be able to do that. But, here's a chance to get something of mine from a show which I believe is going to be pretty cool.... maybe bring some of us back to our childhood. Again, if I'm going about this the wrong way, please forgive me. Like I said, I'm not up on all the laws here and just don't have the time to.

I want to bring it to a discussion. You guys make up a f@cking huge part of the fan base for this kind of thing and I really would like it if you all can stand behind the project and discuss it. Now, I can't sell any of the props in the junkyard because they are linked through the Kickstarter.... so I really don't know how to get around that. If I put it in the junkyard with a link to the kickstarter, I'm not even sure if that works with respect to how things should be done here. But, if you want one of the remaining props, you have to support the kickstarter... even if its just $1. Then you can gain access to the additional rewards we put up.... including the guns.

So guys and gals.... take a look at the links. I put then up for you to enjoy. There is a small teaser which I think is pretty cute and I think you're going to like it. I also have a link to my behind the scenes video.

Cheers,
Kenney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZvLThj8VHI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq6W7ryzGk0

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1717674777/gerry-andersons-firestorm-filmed-in-ultramarionati

P.S. make sure you watch to the very end of the little teaser.

Here is the first prototype weapon and it belongs to our hero characters. Eric Chu did the concept design followed by me CADing and manufacturing. It's a wonderful design which fits right into the Gerry Anderson world. I have completed the design of the internals for the hero guns and have a working prototype with lights, spinning emitter, and the gun hums and vibrates. LOL

IMG_3910.jpg

Hero Ray Gun Prototype 1.jpg

Hero Ray Gun Prototype 2.jpg

IMG_4375new.jpg

Here we have a tag team effort between Eric and I. It belongs to the Black Orchid (bad guys). I did the initial concept art and CAD model and then sent it off to Eric to polish up. I think he did an amazing job. The gun looks great and has a kind of alien feel to it. After getting the green light on the art, I went back and modified my original CAD to match Eric's changes. Then I used my Objet printer to produce a couple prototypes like the one you see here. I have 2 green LEDs inside with acrylic barrel running down the inside of the fins.

IMG_3945new.jpg

IMG_4073new.jpg

IMG_4088.jpg

IMG_4373new.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the first prototype weapon and it belongs to our hero characters. Eric Chu did the concept design followed by me CADing and manufacturing. It's a wonderful design which fits right into the Gerry Anderson world. I have completed the design of the internals for the hero guns and have a working prototype with lights, spinning emitter, and the gun hums and vibrates. LOL

View attachment 393640

View attachment 393641

View attachment 393643

View attachment 393644

Just found out about this Gerry Anderson Project - Saw the Kickstarter site - and found the Japanese VERSION of the Firestorm series on Youtube Anime. Love it. Very creative series and I loved the Gerry Anderson shows as a kid. The Model work is incredible. THANKS for the post!

Here we have a tag team effort between Eric and I. It belongs to the Black Orchid (bad guys). I did the initial concept art and CAD model and then sent it off to Eric to polish up. I think he did an amazing job. The gun looks great and has a kind of alien feel to it. After getting the green light on the art, I went back and modified my original CAD to match Eric's changes. Then I used my Objet printer to produce a couple prototypes like the one you see here. I have 2 green LEDs inside with acrylic barrel running down the inside of the fins.

View attachment 393860

View attachment 393862

View attachment 393861

View attachment 393863

Now I love that Retro Design !!! It has a modern Retro mix that give it a different look and feel for the show. An opposite to the Hero Blaster. Awesome work. MORE PICS !!! - (some still not showing.)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back