haha! I appreciate that. I am finishing up the remaining sidewalls and molds this week. This includes all the sidewalls, inner mandibles, and inner jaw boxes. More photos to come.

Made some progress on the dish. I decided to keep the dish that was included with this Falcon cut off the support and make a hybrid using the support from the Legacy BMF. I still need to add more details.

'Kari, I'm doing the same thing but mastering my own mount. I made a vac copy of the dish rear face to 'map' the details, and then carved off the existing detail since it has too much definition loss from the 'mold draft' they had to use to get it out of the molds. Once all the detail is removed and the surface cleaned up, I will vac a thin styrene skin so I can glue on the new detail with ease... and get a hopefully much cleaner look to it.
Regards, Robert

Website hasn't been keeping up with in store purchase. It's in clearance. You should be able to grab it for $30
Even better! They've got a few at the Wal-Mart by my house. Thanks!

Edit:

My girlfriend is on board! Kind of...

Jamie: That would be cool to hang in the apartment somewhere and have Jay fly around on it

me: ...

Jamie: That's what it's for, right? For cats?
Darth Meowaul?
me: Oh boy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol.. I'm building a hanger coning out of the wall with an elbow then a post into the bottom . Positioning the Falcon at an angle above my TV. The woman said I could have one wall and samn if I'm not using every bit of space.

I need a set of walls for mine. If anyone is selling a set, please PM me.

Keith

Keith,
I'm molding the side walls I created for my Falcon and selling them. Refer to previous posts to see photos. Should have some ready to go by next week.

Kokkari, don't forget about me, I need your side walls to start on mine...let me know how to buy them, I'm using Paypal...

I'm also waiting for Tony & Mike Salzo's resin kit would love to get all the parts the soonest.

Thanks.

Outstanding work, kokkaari.

This is first time I've posted on your thread, but I hope you provide a link here to purchase your resin sidewalls.

Again, really nice job.

Finished the sidewalls. Some have expressed interest in buying a set. Not supposed to sell stuff on general modeling forum so send me a PM if you are interested. 22 pieces total.
20150207_074917.jpg20150207_074931.jpg20150207_075538.jpg20150207_075548.jpg

20150207_074715.jpg20150207_074724.jpg20150207_074803.jpg20150207_074852.jpg

Some pieces I was able to glue directly to the existing sidewall others I ended up removing the wall first so it would look right with the armor over hang.
20150206_1554112.jpg
Areas in green, I glued to the existing wall or void.
Areas in red, I cut out existing wall first.

Lo all,

Really great thread! I picked up a Falcon at Walmart last Thursday for $15! No lie! That was 75% off the $60 tag that was on the box! If you're looking for one of these or a spare or whatever, NOW is the time to pick one up. At this price they will disappear before anyone knows about them.

Best of luck and keep up the excellent posts!

Cheers,

Fiver

Lo all,

Really great thread! I picked up a Falcon at Walmart last Thursday for $15! No lie! That was 75% off the $60 tag that was on the box! If you're looking for one of these or a spare or whatever, NOW is the time to pick one up. At this price they will disappear before anyone knows about them.

Best of luck and keep up the excellent posts!

Cheers,

Fiver

And I thought the $30 price was an excellent deal... ;^P $15 is in 'spare parts' territory!
R/ Robert

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back