Trying to Find a Healed Scar Prosthetic

Blue Leader

Sr Member
Greetings,

I'm working on a costume-- a Star Wars Jedi costume that has a few cybernetic/robotic pieces, mainly a hand and an eye piece-- and to go along with the cybernetic eye piece I had wanted some type of facial scar or burn to look like this Jedi might have seen quite a bit of action, that he might have been wounded and that's why he had the cybernetic parts. So I've been looking for a type of larger prosthetic scar or a prosthetic burn for the left side of the face, on the cheek and probably around the left eye, or at least going up the left cheek and toward the eye, but I wanted it to be a healed scar, not a fresh wound...

Unfortunately, I haven't been having much luck finding one. All of the prosthetic scars or burns I've found look like fresh wounds, with blood dripping out from them, some having bone exposed... That's not what I'm looking for. And because I'll be wearing this costume around children I didn't want anything too scary, but still something noticeably wounded. Because I'll be wearing this costume fairly often I didn't want to bother with makeup to create the wound not only because of the time and skill it would take but because of how much it would cost me to continually replace that makeup (except for using some makeup to blend the edges of the prosthetic, of course). I was hoping for something I could reuse multiple times.

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase a prosthetic face scar or burn like this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Simple rigid collodion works well for healed scars. It doesn't fit the criteria of being reusable, but it's fast and looks good, depending on where you're applying it.

That's one I've never heard of. I'll take a look at it.

I was really hoping to avoid makeup that I would have to replace (except for, like I mentioned, makeup to blend the edges of a prosthetic) but it's looking like makeup may be my only choice. I never thought it would be so hard to find a prosthetic scar considering that I see big bloody ones all the time. But one that isn't bloody... Never thought it would be so difficult. >>

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back