3d printer prints

syphion2004

hey guys ive looked around a bit but nothing seems to answer my question. im try to figure out how i can cover the lines in a print . i have tried primer which kills the detail and im sure i dont want to put rondo or the like on it so any ideas? thanks

Sand with various grits of sandpaper.Started resin casting a gun I 3D printed, sanded it with grits starting at 80 up to 2400. Don't sand too fast as you risk heating up the plastic and causing it to melt.

I sand and prime prints all the time. it takes a few coats to get a smooth finish. it takes time and a little work. but you should be able to do it. Ive done everything from a small print to large stuff. people think because its printed it takes no work. But theres still a bit of hand finishing to do. Depending on how rough the print is it may take a few coats. Dont rush it. and a light sanding in between coats and re apply and you should be good.

Al

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back