D.C.'s Lucifer (tv series)

Holy crap, that finale was awesome.

Keeping my fingers crossed that season 2 has the 2 of em just bro'ing it up cause damn they have some serious chemistry.

In coin news, got the files sent to the factory, and just waiting on the prototype prints from Shapeways. Probably gonna be in hand on or around May 9th :(. SO LONG OF A WAIT... AAAUUUGGHHH.

In other coin news, I bought a replica one I saw online, but wow is it not accurate. Decent for a 10$ coin though. I'll post pics later on if you gents need em.

Chris

:thumbsup

Alrighty!

The coins in Frosted Extreme Detail will be shipped to me today and I should have them in hand in a few days!

High Def Black Acrylate is still delayed but they should be here in about a week or so.

Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Chris

Okay, I just finished binge watching season 1, and I gotta say that this is just more proof that DC knows what the hell they are doing (pun intended) with TV shows whereas the movie group is grasping at straws with both thumbs planted firmly up their backsides.

Welp...

wSeD36p.jpg

9xT3Aqd.jpg

I think it's safe to say it's an amazing replica :)

This is printed in Frosted Extreme Detail via Shapeways, and painted flat black (rattle can) and brilliant silver (rattle can) and a dry brush of black acrylic.

I am not entirely positive the weathering/crinkling effect can be done on the coins (it's REALLY hard to translate that over from AI files), but that's about the only real difference between plastic and metal.

Just waiting to hear back from the coin makers to see what the final cost of the molds will be, and I can have a price worked up and a JY thread going :)

Chris

does look great but is the color off because it's not metal? Luci's coin seemed 'shinier' to me...

thanks for posting, again, looks great

Yea, it's just the paint. It was pretty god damned sparkly before I did the black dry brush on it, but that's because of the spray paint I used.

Lucifer's coin is metal, and well, CGI. This one is plastic ;)

Chris

Metal. Just got the prototypes done via shapeways to make sure they were looking right. Also, painted em cause taking a pic of a frosted clear object to see details is a bitch and a half :lol

Originally ordered em in some metals as well, but the details were wayyyyyy too fine to have em printed that way.

Should know more in a day or two. Just waiting on the coin company to get back with me about what alloys I can use (gonna go for a heavy one), and what finish options we have.

Chris

That coin looks great! Excellent job! And as for the finale, I'm looking forward to see who plays "Mom" and how she/it looks.

I was surprised to see that my 77 year old Mom really likes the show, too. :lol

"Mom" is kinda ageless, so technically it could be anyone.

Boy, that'd be weird if Chloe's mom turned out to be the big "Mom".

I think my favorite thing about the show is the UTTER OUTRAGE it provoked in some mom group somewhere, when they decided to boycott Olive Garden because "It's a sponsor, and it's a spiritually dangerous show!"

A: because seriously, not boycotting the network it's on or anything like that, but OLIVE GARDEN? and b: Holy crap a "spiritually dangerous" show? That's just amazing.

Chris

I think my favorite thing about the show is the UTTER OUTRAGE it provoked in some mom group somewhere, when they decided to boycott Olive Garden because "It's a sponsor, and it's a spiritually dangerous show!"

A: because seriously, not boycotting the network it's on or anything like that, but OLIVE GARDEN? and b: Holy crap a "spiritually dangerous" show? That's just amazing.

Chris

Apparently "Spiritually Dangerous" means "Doesn't Conform To The Dogmatic Teachings Of The Religious Groups Despite The Fact That It Makes More Sense This Way."

Chris
I watched it once and immediately went out and sacrificed a goat... and don't get me started on what I did during the commercial breaks

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I watched it once and immediately went out and sacrificed a goat... and don't get me started on what I did during the commercial breaks

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

See, the show's version of Lucifer would have hated that. He HATES the goat thing. The only thing he hates more is typical Satanism (mainly because of the goat thing).

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back