HalloweenCostumes.com "Back to the Future 2 Light Up Shoes"

I'm really close to preordering. I think $100 is cheap enough to not feel bad about kicking them around.

I'm mostly worried about the HC website claim that the battery is not replaceable and the reputation for the electronics to malfunction and die after a short time wearing the shoe.

Can someone point me to a good remedy for those issues?

id go for a pair like u said its cheap enough that if they don't last your not out all this money plus if the lights go out Just go over to the v2 mags thread and they have loads of info on how to convert them. I have another pair on the way just incase I mess up the ones that I'm converting now I'll prop just keep those the way they are.

That V2 topic is huge. I keep thinking I should start from the end and go backwards to find the most modern solutions, since the beginning is full of dead links and deleted pictures. Maybe I'll poke around youtube and see if someone has a tutorial on electronic upgrades.

For now I'm mostly concerned with being able to maintain the shoe while using it for daily wear. And definitely being able to replace the battery or relocate it to a place it's easier to deal with.

I'd definitely do the toe slim, lace slim, and toss a swoosh on there. That should be easy enough. I might even put the "Nike MAG" on the heel cup.

I don't know what I'd do about the glowing Nike emblem on the front strap.

That V2 topic is huge. I keep thinking I should start from the end and go backwards to find the most modern solutions, since the beginning is full of dead links and deleted pictures. Maybe I'll poke around youtube and see if someone has a tutorial on electronic upgrades.

For now I'm mostly concerned with being able to maintain the shoe while using it for daily wear. And definitely being able to replace the battery or relocate it to a place it's easier to deal with.

I'd definitely do the toe slim, lace slim, and toss a swoosh on there. That should be easy enough. I might even put the "Nike MAG" on the heel cup.

Start at the end. Someone only a few pages ago made a new master post combining all the best practices from the entire thread.

-Nick

Awesome, I'll check it out. Thanks.
(Turns out it's page 200 of the V2 topic)

Anyone know the current wait time on the HC Mags?

Last edited:

for the Nike strap contact markpoon you can find his sales thread for the straps in junk sales thread. If u plan on sliming the toes the iron method is the easiest but not as good looking as to ripping open the toe heel. That's what I did and I'll tell right now it wasn't easy make sure u take your time and also if u watch the YouTube vid that one of the members on here did with the v2s the HC is very different under there then what he shows.

for the Nike strap contact markpoon you can find his sales thread for the straps in junk sales thread. If u plan on sliming the toes the iron method is the easiest but not as good looking as to ripping open the toe heel. That's what I did and I'll tell right now it wasn't easy make sure u take your time and also if u watch the YouTube vid that one of the members on here did with the v2s the HC is very different under there then what he shows.

I will probably just stick to the steam method for the toe. I'll reserve ripping anything apart for when the electronics need working on.

I've heard about that strap kit a little bit. How difficult is the install? Do you need to buy anything other materials or components?

Another thing I am wondering about is size. I'm a US size 8 and all of my shoes are US size 8. The HC website says their size 8 is 10 1/4 inches from heel to toe outside shoe length. I'm wondering if there is a typo or they listed the wrong measurement to the wrong size or something. Or maybe the shoe is just very roomy inside. I wonder because when I measured my Rockport casual shoes and my snowboots I got about 11 inches from heel to toe. My sandals measured closer to 10 and 1/2 inches.

Would it be possible for anyone who owns a pair of these to measure them from heel to toe across the bottom and make the same measurement to other shoes of the same size? I don't think this comparison needs to be size 8 necessarily, the point is just to see how your own Mags sizing compares to your other shoes.

Also, if anyone actually has actual size 8 HC Mag, would you be willing to measure the shoe from heel to toe and across the widest point of the toe area and let me know what you get?

And one other thing. I was wondering how these things feel on the feet, are they okay for consistent daily wear. Are the "power laces" fixed material or are they stretchy elastic or something? Is it like wearing slip-on shoes? Does the ankle strap lock your foot in well and prevent the shoe from slipping off the heel as you walk?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm really close to making the order and I just want to make sure of what I'm gonna get.

I found it already, thanks though I appreciate the assist.

Mine are size 11 - I usually wear a 10-1/2 - and I have to work a bit to get my foot in the shoes since the only 'give' is elastic (and the sides of the tongue are connected inside the shoes, which makes it a bit more confined), but once they slip on, they feel fine. The ankle strap does secure it well, but they wouldn't slip off my feet even without it - if anything, I need to 'Velc' the ankle strap a bit loosely for the shoe to look right. If I cinched the strap tight, then the end of the strap would be flapping around loose.

I am satisfied with the size I ordered - I just have to be gentle with slipping them on so as not to pull out any of the stitches or overstretch the elastic - I got them mainly for display, but wanted them to fit me so wearing them sometime would at least be an option.

Alright, here's what I'm gonna do. Tomorrow reserve the shoes in size 8, if nothing else to get my place in line, and then Monday call HC and see what they have to say.

One way or another, I'm getting some Mags.

Re: HalloweenCostumes.com "Back to the Future 2 Light Up Shoes"

i ordered a pair (size 12) on 12/04. they were shipped from Mankato, MN on 12/05. with the NIKE glow strap, a couple of swoosh emblems, the MAG end cup addition, and some lace slimming, i am fine with them.

Last edited:

i ordered a pair (size 12) on 12/04. they were shipped from Mankato, MN on 12/05. with the NIKE glow strap, a coupe of swoosh emblems, the MAG end cup addition, and some lace slimming, i am fine with them.

Are u talking about the HC ones or the v2s not sure

Just got mine...and one of them doesn't light up. Gotta wait till monday to see what they are going to do about it.
Not happy.

yep, the HC version.

Seriously? HC mags have the branding now?

edit: nvm, i didn't see the period there after 12/05 in your other post.

Also, I just put in my order. Late-Dec is the time I was quoted.

I will have my first pair of Mags around X-mas.

Last edited:
Toe box steam slim for sure.

Slim the laces if I can get or make the swooshes.

The ankle cup lettering. Not sure what method. I think I saw a slip-on cup in the V2 forum that had everything on it.

The light up NIKE strap, not sure about that either. Can't get the money to buy the kit here right now, and it's limited run, so we'll see. I had some thoughts about making a spare strap and using some glow-paint for a temporary solution.

IMG_20141202_141636.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

For sharing...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back