D.C.'s Supergirl (tv series)

halfway through episode two. much better than the first one. the actual plot flows a bit better. and I like that they don't show her good right off the start. even superman had to learn how to do things...

If every speech by cat grant is going to be a 'wahh, women have it tougher' speech, i'll just fast forward through those. get with the times people. everyone has it tough; o).
will also never get used to hip jimmy. it's just weird after seeing the character portrayed as one way for so long.

other than that, I'll stick around for the first season at least to see how it shapes up. I also like how Kara remembers krypton. because she was old enough to take part in it's society. makes for a fun dynamic that she knows more than superman.

I won't say I'm "hooked," but I will still tune in for episode 3. I agree with much of what has been said here: the writing was better in episode 2 and I hope it continues on that trend, Cat Grant has so far been a two-dimensional character and I hope we get to see a bit more range with her soon, etc.

SPECULATION TIME!

What is up with Henshaw's glowing red eyes toward the end of the episode? Good guy, or bad guy?

I'm wondering if he could be Martian Manhunter. Being on an alien monitoring team makes a lot of sense, and he did drop that little nugget about how he had a family (implying that he no longer does, which is true for the Manhunter). Thoughts?

I won't say I'm "hooked," but I will still tune in for episode 3. I agree with much of what has been said here: the writing was better in episode 2 and I hope it continues on that trend, Cat Grant has so far been a two-dimensional character and I hope we get to see a bit more range with her soon, etc.

SPECULATION TIME!

What is up with Henshaw's glowing red eyes toward the end of the episode? Good guy, or bad guy?

I'm wondering if he could be Martian Manhunter. Being on an alien monitoring team makes a lot of sense, and he did drop that little nugget about how he had a family (implying that he no longer does, which is true for the Manhunter). Thoughts?

Ahem: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Henshaw

Welp, that's what I get for not bothering to check if the the name is a fake or belongs to an existing character. Thanks, Mad Professor!

sheepish_aladdin.gif

Still kinda like it. I don't particularly care about the government agency tack. And I hate training fighting scenes that are there to just have a fight scene without any weight to it.

And I'd respect Jimmy more if he didn't put up with Calista's BS. Fine, I will go back to the Planet, beotch.

Loved the second episode and showing consequences and a few really interesting scenes. Loving the mythology and character building so far.

Are those Benoists actual arm muscles? Would not want to take her on!

Loved the second episode and showing consequences and a few really interesting scenes. Loving the mythology and character building so far.

Are those Benoists actual arm muscles? Would not want to take her on!

her arms seem more defined in the suit. But dude....dem quads......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's a combination of natural muscle growth (she did have to work out to get into super-shape) and a bit of suit trickery. I know she did mention having to wear a corset (which would explain why her... eyes... seem more prominent in the suit than in normal clothing), and the suit itself might be lightly padded in the deltoid region to give a little oomph there as well.

But yeah... them quads is all her.

Thoroughly enjoy this show :) She is a perfect combo of strength and beauty/adorable :)
Love James Olsen and the sister character as well :)

Okay, tonight's episode was really well done. Just the right blend between superheroics and very human moments.

My favorite parts of tonight's episode:

1) Showing that even the best, most beloved superheroes can cause unintended harm and collateral damage.
2) Showing that underneath the hunky, model exterior, Jimmy is still the same scared kid.
3) The discussion between Cat and Kara about the article. I've a feeling that great moments like those will be coming around more often.
4) The text message conversation between Clark and Kara. It was just adorable.
5) Winn's reaction to learning that Clark Kent is Superman. It was like he had a nerdgasm.
6) The final scene between Kara and Alex. Those two have great chemistry together.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back