mad-law-creations Dredd Helmet ?????

I know this is a HUGE issue in the replica prop world.

If I personally sculpt a movie prop helmet and cast from that sculpt and then sell the cast to others......how can I be upset if others cast off that sold item.

I have no rights to the original prop, regardless of how much I paid...........all I did was copy.......and others copy it....

I think it all comes down to people pissed off because THEY think on some level the prop they sculpted or rendered it on some level.

There is no OWNERSHIP.............The right to copy is held by the people who BUY the license to copy.

Mostly at the RPF......all we do is fan based COPY.
Exactly. Unless you personally sculpted the original based off your own design, you have no right to cry about people casting off your cast.

If a maker who spent thousands on the props and decides to make them available to a community, then gets it recast to hell, they may well pretty much decided not to make their collection available to anyone in the future because there is no point. We are all part of that community, people like Madlaw aren't because most choose to support their own. Up to your own morals really.

The lesson here: The original helmet sold from Prop Store (Noden lid) had a lot of extensive repair work done by Steve Noden and a badge was fabricated since it did not have it (fan sculpt). Lee Field (Bawzprops) was given permission/purchased the original and/or master from Noden, so is the rightful direct seller.

Madlaw (after being told) is making copies of a copy of the Noden lid without permission. So he left and/or got banned from RPF and the FB Judge Group.

You are basically helping MadLaw steal/profit off those who made the original screen cast Noden lid available to the Judge coplayers/costumers in the first place.

Lee (BawzProps) is a huge Dredd fan/collector and suits up as a Judge and active member on the Judge costume groups/forums. Lee has also donated casts to help raise funds for Charity.

PropTributes is another notorious recaster who also recasts other fans original fan made props/sculpts without consent: Sean and Joes LG and Sean Cho's Badges and other nonDredd work of others. Again only sells on Ebay.

So think about the artist who actually has the original. The time they put in sculpting a fan usuable prop, that they bought and repaired or sculpted from scratch before you buy from a known recaster who had no hand at actually repairing/creating it.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back