My TASM2, totally overdyed (PIC HEAVY)

Dannicelook

Alright.. i received my print sewn from a local printer and i don't know if it's the quality of lycra or the quality of the transfert himself but i got a terrible problem! My suit was all fade when i'm wearing it... too bad i forgot to take pictures..:thumbsdown.
So, as i dont have time to have another print for Montreal Comic Con, i had to find a solution to resolve this issue..
I saw on another thread TheNickFox thinking about over dying a suit to avoid those fading parts when stretching..
i bought Tulip Dye in spray.. the guy at Michaels told me that it's possible to use a brush to apply it.:facepalm
Still left to do.. puff paint webbing in matte Black/puffy heated.. adding shoes.. urethane spiders.. if i have enough time i'd like to paint all blue bricks with blue slick.

On a side note I made a Jansport bag.. bouht a black one on Altitudesport.com was like 19$ (60% off!!) and HeyJude7 told me how to bleach it and dye it in blue.
the result is just AWESOME!! im so glad!!
Wifey help me to sew the leather patch back.. and now she's installing straps +buckles

This is my progress so far.
The dying process..
IMG_2817.JPGIMG_2816.JPG

The Jansport bag
IMG_2815.JPG
The faceshell i'm plannig to use is a budget TJack mod, with Ken eyeframe from his faceshell files.. and dome lenses with Jeck13500 tutorial
IMG_2814.JPG

I also have a tutorial on domed lenses, incase jecks aren't domed enough, the dying look great and please paint your frames gloss black

Can you show us which sprays you bought exactly?
Yes exactly this one! Also Navy blue.. For the blue parts ;) it took me like 3 hours to do that. I know u could use marvy pen also but it takes 9hours for the red part as bboystunna did with his suit.
0000235.jpeg

thanks that's very helpful, I am planning to do the same to darken the colors a bit.
any advice or tutorial on how to mark the red and blue sections and spray each section separately? do you just use tape and some news paper?
How many layers would I need to do? does the paint cover well first time?

does the paint color the skin when wearing the suit for sometime?

Put the suit on inside out and spray you should be able to see the difference between the parts or hold it to the light
U only have to stretch the fabric to see if its work... as u are dying the whole fiber of the fabric.. u arent suppose to see any white if its saturate correctly....
and for the frames......... sure i will paint them........ they are only sand at this point on the picture.. because my 3dprinter dude did a terrible job on them

thanks that's very helpful, I am planning to do the same to darken the colors a bit.
any advice or tutorial on how to mark the red and blue sections and spray each section separately? do you just use tape and some news paper?
How many layers would I need to do? does the paint cover well first time?

does the paint color the skin when wearing the suit for sometime?
Alright, so i simply use a brush to apply as u can see on first picture.. so i could delimit pretty well blue and red section. Then i used the spray applicator to fill the parts out..
If u apply generously enough.. which i didn't u might need only one layer.. i left a few spots so i'll have to do more a little..
For the entire suit it tooks me 3 bottles of blue and 2 of red.. they cost like 6$ here.. maybe cheaper somewhere on the world wide web!
I did a test suit this morning as i was aware of being all blue and red after wearing it........ and Hourra!! everything holds pretty well!
AND the most important no more fading!!

Hope it helps

U only have to stretch the fabric to see if its work... as u are dying the whole fiber of the fabric.. u arent suppose to see any white if its saturate correctly....
and for the frames......... sure i will paint them........ they are only sand at this point on the picture.. because my 3dprinter dude did a terrible job on them

Alright, so i simply use a brush to apply as u can see on first picture.. so i could delimit pretty well blue and red section. Then i used the spray applicator to fill the parts out..
If u apply generously enough.. which i didn't u might need only one layer.. i left a few spots so i'll have to do more a little..
For the entire suit it tooks me 3 bottles of blue and 2 of red.. they cost like 6$ here.. maybe cheaper somewhere on the world wide web!
I did a test suit this morning as i was aware of being all blue and red after wearing it........ and Hourra!! everything holds pretty well!
AND the most important no more fading!!

Hope it helps

Thanks, Could you share the results? I would like to see how deep the colors are now.
Do you get the color on your skin? or is this just the first time only? would washing it solve that problem?

Thanks, Could you share the results? I would like to see how deep the colors are now.
Do you get the color on your skin? or is this just the first time only? would washing it solve that problem?
Alright, I'll share some more pictures tonight.. the fact is that im puff painting the whole suit right now..
finished legs, arms, now have to do back and webbing
it'S drying right now so tonight ill share some picture as lots of people are asking me via PM
Thanks for ur interest!
BTW color are really nice, i bought an orhadar in the JY. Red in really nice and blue also!
it does tint a lil those white lines.. in light blue.. but u still see pretty well the brick pattern.
I'm reeeeally glad with the result! now when im stretching the suit it doesnt fading or blemish at all
Sorry, once again, as my english is not my first language!
Hope it helps!

Alright, I'll share some more pictures tonight.. the fact is that im puff painting the whole suit right now..
finished legs, arms, now have to do back and webbing
it'S drying right now so tonight ill share some picture as lots of people are asking me via PM
Thanks for ur interest!
BTW color are really nice, i bought an orhadar in the JY. Red in really nice and blue also!
it does tint a lil those white lines.. in light blue.. but u still see pretty well the brick pattern.
I'm reeeeally glad with the result! now when im stretching the suit it doesnt fading or blemish at all
Sorry, once again, as my english is not my first language!
Hope it helps!

Thanks, yes that helps.
I am going an orhadar TASM 2 aswell and the colors on my suit fade, that's why I would like to see the results and I might do the same as you did.
I am planning to puff paint the suit first and then spray the white side, since I already have the puff paint and latex. The spray is not sold in my country and therefore it would take some time to get it.
What would you recommend? should I wait for the spray or just go ahead and puff paint the suit and spray it later?

Thanks, yes that helps.
I am going an orhadar TASM 2 aswell and the colors on my suit fade, that's why I would like to see the results and I might do the same as you did.
I am planning to puff paint the suit first and then spray the white side, since I already have the puff paint and latex. The spray is not sold in my country and therefore it would take some time to get it.
What would you recommend? should I wait for the spray or just go ahead and puff paint the suit and spray it later?
yup.. i dont know if u better start with the spray paint..
maybe u could find another brand.. there is some in arts and craft store i think..
i'll try the suit now and take some picture... i just have to puff paint the blue bricks on torso and i'm done.. plus webbing
BrB

Doing a test just now for this and, yes. This works. Looking to make a tutorial after my test splotch has dried. But yes, this seems to work well. Though very tricky.

Doing a test just now for this and, yes. This works. Looking to make a tutorial after my test splotch has dried. But yes, this seems to work well. Though very tricky.

that's good to hear, do you think 4oz red and 4oz blue would be enough for the whole suit?

Okay.
The Bottles come in 4oz, so no, 1 bottle will not be enough. I have gone through 20 of each and still have lots to do. I will be continuing this, but at another time. Today or tomorrow I'll make a new post with pics and describing the process. But in order for it to work well, you're going to have to be extremely thorough with this spray dye. And be careful of bleeding into other colored fabric.
Will get back to you soon. Cheers. :)

Hey there my names Jason I'm building A Tasm 1 suit using McLeans print and the whole thing is like A jigsaw puzzle all the blue and red sections are separate for dying purposes I think you can take A look at my thread if you like. Iv nearly puff painted the suit I have A few questions regarding fabric spray if somebody could answer me fly that would be A great help.
1. Can I spray it even though the puff painting is done first and will it effect it in anyway?

2.do you avoid the lighter shaded red and blue areas IE the muscle definition effects these prints have or will it not effect the print to that extent?

3.iv noticed the red looks very pinky in colour! Does it change the colour of the print dramatically that if you use it on some parts you would have to use it on all the other parts.

4.what is the accurate blue and red to use?
Thanks in advance

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back