So, I got to work with actors from Trek, Firefly, STroopers, BSG and Dark Angel...

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
As many of you know, I'm a video games producer. Well, last year I began producing a space strategy game being made out of Poland by a small team of developers. (I kinda ended co-writing some of the screenplay too.)

I've been sooooo wanting to share this with y'all for almost a YEAR now.

One of the things I was in charge of was making the story come together (choosing a writer, establishing the tone, the cast.. basically championing things) I knew I wanted some well-known SciFi stalwarts in there and that I also mainly wanted actors that DON'T do a lot of games, because I wanted the tone to be "serious" and deadpan, like a typical NASA mission broadcast, without a lot of "gamey melodrama". Well... we ended up casting Dina Meyer, Ron Glass, John Billingsley, Richard Gunn, Dwight Schultz and Aaron Douglas. They were all super-nice and great to work with. I told Dwight he was a childhood hero (I mean c'mon.. Howlin' Mad Murdock!) and he seemed genuinely moved. The man's a freakin' master with his vocal cords too and was the only one in the cast that had a lot of experience with doing games. Aaron D and Richard were really cool, doing nice raspy and deadpan military voices. Both Ron G and John B laughed at the tiny Firefly and Enterprise easter-eggs I snuck into the script. Oh, and Dina Meyer's voice is just... mesmerizing.

We actually recorded all the dialog last year and I was on-hand in L.A. to oversee the process but the game (called Ancient Space) has been under top-secret wraps until today.

It's not the first time I've worked with actors since I've been doing this for... well a whole bunch of years... but it never gets dull having some of your heroes act out stuff you've been involved with writing. I know we're supposed to act "professional" and all and I DO curtail any rabid fanboy tendencies but I can't hide ALL my enthusiasm.

Anyway... here's a shameless plug to the trailer:
https://www.paradoxplaza.com/news/Explore-the-Void-in-Real-Time-with-Ancient-Space1/

Last edited:
Re: So, I got to work with actors from Trek, Firefly, STroopers, BSG and Dark Angel..

Congrats! Looks like a fun game and a compelling story. Meeting Murdock....so cool! :cool:thumbsup

Re: So, I got to work with actors from Trek, Firefly, STroopers, BSG and Dark Angel..

I saw that earlier on PC Gamer. It looks similar to Homeworld.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back