fixing the 1/537 scale AMT Reliant kit questions

Savrek

Hello All,
I recently purchased an old Amt Reliant kit from a comic store that was shutting down. The model had been opened at some point before being sold to the comic store and the main upper impulse clear dome is missing. Any thoughts on how to make a replacement?
Also, I know the hull is 1/16 too short in height to be accurate. I am thinking of adding in the 1/16 but not sure where to cut the hanger deck, impulse area to add the 1/16 into. Any advice on these matters would be greatly appreciated, and I Thank You for your time.
Regards,
Chris

Thanks Mark,
I actually want to fix the kit through scratch building. as I intend to putty over the incorrect sides to make them flat and where they should be. I intend to cut 1/16 strips out of plastic sheet to raise the height of the model. the biggest problem is trying to figure out what to use to make the impulse crystal housing dome on top. as it is missing in the kitand I am not really sure what to use to make a new one.
I appreciate the reply Mark, and the info on the federation models raised panels .
Take Care,
Chris

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back