NFT fur questions

cunningham

I received my 'summer sale' fibre from the National Fiber Tech and it is pretty sweet - so sweet I am reluctant to cut into it before I am certain how to proceed. I am covering an ape head with black/brown fur and I am unsure how to apply it. Do I cut it into strips and adhere it in layers with gaps to be economical with the stuff? What is recommended for gluing the hair to a latex mask? If anyone has any tips or tricks for me I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Not a stupid question, but not a ton of people have experience with it (relatively speaking). Your best bet would be to look into Wookie builds, specifically the mask finishing work (both here on the RPF and Google search). A lot of the guys building high-end Chewies use NFT, even hand-punching single strands for the facial hair details.

I never thought of the Wookie builds , thanks! I am anxious to get this stuff laid but just scared to start it out wrong as it is pretty expensive stuff.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back