Powers - comic becomes new TV series

JD

Master Member
I enjoyed Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming's series Powers quite a bit - although some of it was hit and miss, it was still solid and lots of fun. I was excited when the TV series was announced quite a while ago.. and then bummed when nothing happened with it.

The original series was to air on FX and star Jason Patric and Lucy Punch but ultimately never happened.

Now, the PlayStation Network has picked it up and casting looks like it's wrapped up. We've known Susan Heyward would be co-lead Deena Pligrim for a while now - and despite that change in race, she at least looks like she could pull off the role pretty well.

Now, the series lead of Christian Walker has been cast... and I don't really like this casting at all. I like Sharlto Copley in just about everything I've seen him in (hey, I'm the guy who liked the A-Team remake and thought he made a great Murdock); but, I don't like his casting as Walker. Copley doesn't have the look or the "feel" for this to me - I liked Jason Patric in the role and think he had tons of potential.

I'll definitely give this a watch - I think Copley and some of the other casting will get this some notice along with it being (I think?) Sony PlayStation's first move into original content.

Definitely looking forward to this series. I agree that Copley is not the obvious choice, but I'm excited for the show to exist and more than willing to give him a chance. I'm definitely excited for Susan Heyward as Pilgrim, she's gonna kick some butt. I think it's got the potential to be a great series!

Copley just ain't working for me as Walker. This also just feels "cheap" to me... I also sit typing this 10 feet away from the entire graphic novel collection of Powers... I'm just not feeling this, but I look forward to giving it a shot when it hits my PS4.

Three minutes and can't take much more. Ugh, the book was damn good... this is b-roll muck.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back