Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper Pics

Missing shot after shot in all their glory? :lol ;)

Stormtroopers need a movie that will dispel that whole thing.

this might explain why OT Stormtroopers are "bad" shooters:

Stormtropers bad shooting explained.jpg

I hope so. This movie is all kinds of cool at the moment. :)

Ben

Ben,

I am trying SOOOO hard not to get too excited at the moment about Ep 7, but the more I see and the more I hear, the less I can help myself. However, I keep reminding myself that Ep I had a tremendous amount of hype behind it as well... and that always tempers my excitement just a bit.

Realized I forgot to follow up to my pic of potential other evolution directions of Stormtrooper armor with a full-body image of the interpretation y'all seemed to like so much.

stormtrooper3_by_mohzart-d8e15in.png

I do like his stuff.

--Jonah

Ben,

I am trying SOOOO hard not to get too excited at the moment about Ep 7, but the more I see and the more I hear, the less I can help myself. However, I keep reminding myself that Ep I had a tremendous amount of hype behind it as well... and that always tempers my excitement just a bit.

I know just what you mean Art. I'm not a prequel hater but it wasn't the Star Wars I was expecting. I have a few friends offline who like the movies but not as much as us fanatics and they keep telling me "remember what happened last time there was a new Star Wars trilogy". I'm not expecting the second coming of the OT as I just think that is impossible. What I'm hoping for though are some more fantastic Star Wars stories that at least are enjoyable,intense,exciting and watchable for years to come. :)

Ben

I'm pretty excited for Ep 7. I don't nesecarally hate the prequels, I'll maybe watch Ep 3 if I'm bored, but I definetly do not hold them up to the same level as I do the OT.
On subject though, I, along with the others, I'm not going to hold on to the hope that we're getting something as good as the OT, rather something that will be (hopefully) just a great continuation in the story.

That definitely seems to be an old trooper helmet! Those symbols painted on, and the fact that he is hanging around the riff-raff in that shot (smugglers, pirates etc. according to the article) ... perhaps this is just some scavenger who found some old junker trooper armor lying around? That would be cool.

Could it be Boba Fett hiding his Identity, on the the other hand , I wouldn't expect him to take a stance like that.

Can sombody get a clear picture of the inscription on the helmet, looks to be aurabesh...could give some clue.

Could it be Boba Fett hiding his Identity, on the the other hand , I wouldn't expect him to take a stance like that.

Can sombody get a clear picture of the inscription on the helmet, looks to be aurabesh...could give some clue.

The first two letters are definitely F and E, and the common consensus I've seen is that it spells "FEAR."

Here's the Aurebesh for that:
aurebesh.png

I decided to take a crack at the "duck faced" nature of the new stormtrooper helmets.

So, to begin I compared the profile of a screen used ANH stormtrooper helmet (in green) to the profile of a TFA stormtrooper helmet (in red).
attachment.php

I noticed that the TFA helmets are more narrow and longer than the originals. So, I decided to "re-sculpt" the new helmets to more closely resemble the profile of the originals and this is what I got.
attachment.php

Just my two cents worth in regards to improving the overall shape of the new helmets. Any thoughts or comments?

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,759
  • stormtrooper resculpt.jpg
    stormtrooper resculpt.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 1,782
I think that, coupled with painting part of the black tear drops white would be an amazing improvement. And two aerators, but that might be too much to ask. :p

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back