Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper Pics

I haven't seen any photos of the armor, but there is this concept art that may not be final.

List%208.jpg

I got to say I really love the sw 7 helmets. The clone trooper ones I was not a fan of, the stormtrooper I loved, but I am ready for something new for sure.

I'm wondering, since they have been referred to as Imperial Knights, if they are Imperial Force users? Say Luke starts rebuilding the Jedi, with no Sith it would make sense for the Empire to do the same to try and keep up.

I'm sure it will look great. What I'm interested in are the weapons. We all saw what JJ did with the Phasers I just hope they are some what close to the E-11's we love.

Haha fantastic job, awesome how this community already has a reproduction well underway. Amazing.

hay guys I'm new hear on RPF Thought like this it's a episode 7 stormtrooper helmet made from 18 gage sheet metal using the one leaked photo of it. you can see more pics of it hear at gold-point-films.tumblr.com and we are working on editing the video of the build. win it is finished it will be uploaded at youtube/goldpointfilms View attachment 378123View attachment 378124

Good lord that's amazing. Definitely subbing, metal is my medium of choice also. Haven't made anything yet but good to see that there is at least one person on here who does so.

Last edited:
The one picture that shows the mic tip is is from a CG concept art. The photo of the final helmet has no mic tips and is very similar to the chrome trooper pic that was released later which also shows no mic tips and a smooth chin. It seems only reasonable that the white trooper and chrome trooper would follow the same basic design, doesn't it?

Seems pretty clear cut to me. I just think that people got the image of the asymmetrical mic tips in their head and can't let it go even though they've already seen the final product without it.

The one picture that shows the mic tip is is from a CG concept art. The photo of the final helmet has no mic tips and is very similar to the chrome trooper pic that was released later which also shows no mic tips and a smooth chin. It seems only reasonable that the white trooper and chrome trooper would follow the same basic design, doesn't it?

Seems pretty clear cut to me. I just think that people got the image of the asymmetrical mic tips in their head and can't let it go even though they've already seen the final product without it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the case that we've only seen a real ep. 7 helmet from the right side, without a mic tip, and the cg concept from the left, with a mic tip? That being said, isn't it still entirely possible that there is only one mic tip on the left side? And as far as the chrome trooper helmet, there are so many other differences that I don't think it's safe to say that because the chrome trooper doesn't have mic tips that the standard trooper won't either. Either way, it's awesome to see these replicas! Even if they end up being a bit off, I believe that will make them all the more special, if only to yourself, in 20 or 30 years ... I.E... "Hey, remember when we all thought the ep. 7 trooper would/wouldn't have X detail? Man! that was crazy ..."

Maybe I'm just biased because I actually LIKE the idea of just one mic tip! Am I alone?

I posted a while back that you can actually see the left side of a helmet behind the one in the photo and no mic tip. at least not one that's visible. I still bet there are two recessed mic tips below the section that you can't see, along with the mouth piece.

I posted a while back that you can actually see the left side of a helmet behind the one in the photo and no mic tip. at least not one that's visible. I still bet there are two recessed mic tips below the section that you can't see, along with the mouth piece.

Interesting. I don't see where you can see the left side, maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Anyways, I like the idea of just one mic tip. Why would they need two anyways? Are the stormtroopers communicating in stereo?

I'll be damned if they went as far as omitting one of the most prominent features of the stormtrooper 'face', the mic tips. If yes, IMO they went too far. Going back and using McQ designs and then going forth and changing too much of one of the most if not the most important background characters? I think not.

If you look at the real photo, on the left side directly behind the main helmet you can see the left of a helmet. You see the tube stripes and the line that goes across the chin and it is unbroken by a mictip showing.

I do think that we have yet to see the chin details and my guess is that there will be a lot of details in there, and some mictips. You just can't see it from this angle.... they did this on purpose.

Also, the Chrome trooper looks like CGI to me. I've got a feeling he is an elite level of trooper and will not share the same design as the stormtroopers.

All conjecture.. still waiting on more real concrete photos.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back