Medical Frigate scratchbuilt model

GrahamT

Here is my Nebulon-B Medical Frigate, it's over metre long and was scratch built by a British professional modeller. It's been the pride of my collection, but I don't think I can keep it anymore :(
IMG_0261.jpgIMG_0265.jpgIMG_0264.jpgIMG_0263.jpgIMG_0262.jpg

Thanks very much.

It's around 112cm long, 56cm high (need to check that. How long was the studio scale model? The Millennium Falcon is from the MPC Hoth Base diorama.

It is for sale, £900. I don't trust shipping, been though it's pretty sturdy, so it will need to be collected from Epsom in Surrey.

I'm selling as my collection of 80's toys has taken over, also I'm making my ultimate dream model: a massive Macross Armored Factory diorama, which needs a huge shelf.

This was a big SS model. The original was IIRC over 2 meters long. Many of the details in the forward pylon are actually model ship hulls. I think the Falcon that was attached to it was the 8" one.

--Alex

Ah, I guess it's around half studio scale then. The modeller that made it was very talented, and he did a lot of creative kit bashing, I'm not sure if he used smaller scale versions of like-for-like boat hulls, but he certainly matched the over shape - which is ultimately what ILM would do if they couldn't find a matching scale part.

He also detailed the rebel transport from the MPC diorama.

If anyone can get to the south of the UK to pick it up, I'd take an offer.

That's an awfully nice model, and so sad to see you have to let it go. Good luck on the new endeavor, though. :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back