The Star-Lord/Peter Quill Sling Bag thread

You CAN get the buckle. Sorry if this has been addressed. Here is the link : http://www.makefast.com/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=0431cs&PN=info_0431CS.html#SID=168

Their site is coded in a way that generates the strangest errors. For some reason, direct links don't seem to work well. However, if you go to makefast dot com directly and search for the click lock buckle, you'll find it. The link posted seems like it's trying to load the page for the 45mm buckle too, so it's worth mentioning again here that the proper buckle is 40mm, carbon steel.

- D

But does anyone make a 40mm ?

I ordered mine from the same site. If they don't have them in stock now, they should come back. They were out of stock when I first checked in.

If they're unavailable forever, the 45 is not a bad substitute. The metal housing is the same size, but the plastic insert is 2.5mm wider on each side. Should look the part!

D

Which bag do you guys/gals think is a better base:

This
images.jpg

Or This:

$_35.JPG

I patterned mine off the second pic/bag. That's actually the one i bought....but its only good to pattern one side. if you draw the pattern out then flip it you'll have a good idea how the bag is shaped......

Which bag do you guys/gals think is a better base:

This
View attachment 416270

Or This:

View attachment 416271

I own the first bag, and it is very small (I've got some pics posted in my build thread if you wanted to see: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=217964&page=3&p=3490890&viewfull=1#post3490890). It works well on me, since I'm 5'1", but it looks a little silly on my 6'2" husband. The strap is too short for it to sit properly on him, but if you're replacing the strap you can make it whatever length you would need. I also found that once I got the orb in the bag, there wasn't much room for anything else if I still wanted to zip it closed.

Hmmm it seems to fit me fine after adjusting the strap all the way.....and I'm 6'3" - maybe I need to put the trench coat on (when it comes) and try it - thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my stab at the belt.....Don't laugh....I'm not a "craft guy" AT ALL.FullSizeRender (2).jpg

I thought I'd share a little tutorial on the process I implemented to weather the stainless buckle. It's basically the same process I used for the carbon buckle, but At least you can see what the finished results look like. Hopefully it will be helpful to some of you working on your own bags:

I use Adirondack alcohol inks.

20150209_123508.jpg

This is after the first coat of "butterscotch"
20150209_125811.jpg

20150209_125818.jpg

Then some "rust" and another color called "mushroom"
20150209_130809.jpg

After a fourth color "espresso"
20150209_132514.jpg

And finally I applied some Folk Art antiquing wax for texture, then sealed it with an enamel clear coat:

k2-_aab1b5fc-85ed-43f2-9e39-cb15c36f6eab.v1.jpg

20150209_134317.jpg

Also, working on a new bag!
20150210_003134.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back