The Star-Lord/Peter Quill Sling Bag thread

I can't believe how excited I am over a buckle...

I love this place. Tell your coworker or your girlfriend how excited you are about a special buckle from a movie prop bag, you get confused, awkward stares. But here we celebrate the small victories together. I love it. :lol

I found the manufacturer, and I will be placing an order. I'm getting about 30% off, and I'll probably be ordering 10, selling 9 of them. Although I can probably order more than that of there's demand for it around here. I'm not going to try to make money off of this, so I'll be selling them pretty much at cost + shipping. I expect it will be about $20 per buckle. And I don't want to give the name of the manufacturer until after my order is processed just to prevent a flood of potentially annoying calls to them. The exact item is currently out of stock, so they will be making them to my order (and it will be the buckle with the fixed "male" end, not the one in the picture with the rolling bar). They expect it will take about a month. I'm happy to answer any other questions, I'm just at work :D

Sometime this week or next week I'm going to be hitting up the fabric stores in my area looking for something similar. We've got a few ~exotic~ fabric stores here and a few more out in Baltimore, so I'm hoping to find something similar. If I somehow manage to find something, I'll take pics, though I'm normally on the wrong side of the country for this stuff. I'm working on the pattern right now, thankfully the base isn't too complicated.

(Though, like Risu, I swear I've seen that pattern somewhere before, probably they recycled the material from something else they used in another movie/show)

Sometime this week or next week I'm going to be hitting up the fabric stores in my area looking for something similar. We've got a few ~exotic~ fabric stores here and a few more out in Baltimore, so I'm hoping to find something similar. If I somehow manage to find something, I'll take pics, though I'm normally on the wrong side of the country for this stuff. I'm working on the pattern right now, thankfully the base isn't too complicated.

(Though, like Risu, I swear I've seen that pattern somewhere before, probably they recycled the material from something else they used in another movie/show)

Awesome. Do you think I missed anything on the pattern I made?

It looks to me like the pattern on the fabric might be silk screened on. It seems to be the same metallic blue on different bases. I mean it wouldn't be completely out of the question that the fabric was custom made. They seem to be doing this a lot more.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This thread has been really helpful for getting ideas on how to make the bag. I've seen the movie and seen all the pictures that are on this thread, but for the life of me, I can't figure out/remember where the opening of the bag is and if there is a zipper. Anyone able to help me out? Thanks!

This thread has been really helpful for getting ideas on how to make the bag. I've seen the movie and seen all the pictures that are on this thread, but for the life of me, I can't figure out/remember where the opening of the bag is and if there is a zipper. Anyone able to help me out? Thanks!

From what I can tell, the bag is open all along the back leather strap (most visible in picture 2 of the first post, of the hot toys figure). If there is a zipper, it's inside the part we can't see. I think maybe that leather strap/flap can fold over, but as far as I know we haven't seen any photos to confirm or deny that.

After seeing the movie again yesterday, I believe there are two pockets. The first has its opening along the leather strip/flap and is more shallow, and the second, main pocket is behind that with an opening that runs almost from strap to strap.

Also thinking about the leather strip/flap, if you wanted more places to put things, you could probably sneak in a third pocket with the flap serving as a cover.

Last edited:
Most of my bag build won't happen until after Halloween, but I was at Tandy and picked these up:

bYQB81W.jpg

Since the buckle is for a 1.75" strap, these are too. Although since there's a little 'jog' in the strap size, it won't match perfectly, and the strap wraps around the round part anyway...

At any rate, they said "discontinued" on them which I suppose means they won't have them anymore, although there's a dozen other places that sell brass colored D rings. But hey, things continue!

Zlurpo - I saw the movie again yesterday and thought the pattern still looked pretty accurate.

Also, since they weren't posted in this thread as far as I can see, Chris Pratt went in costume to a Children's Hospital in LA, and he had the bag on in a few of the pics:

hospital03.jpg
hospital02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back