The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Seems like we might be getting the trailer as soon as this weekend with the release of Dr. Strange. I like his costume so far, very similar to what he's used before, those blasters, the helmet, the cassette player and earphones, the buckle and the belt seem exactly what we saw last time but everything else is an upgrade. Really liking that long coat, that seems easier to make than last time actually as the backpack and the tee doesn't have that hard to get collar from last time. Those fingerless gloves are also pretty sweet. I can't wait to start working on all of these! Hopefully we'll get a clearer shot of the back in the trailer.

Also did anyone notice that he's using three different jackets like last movie? Two short ones and the long coat. Wonder which one he'll be using for the most part on this one.

I can't wait to give you my money lol

I can't wait until we get some patterns put together, all 3 coats look legit. Are there any threads here on making patterns from references? I want to give it a shot sometime. And what's the deal with the new armored chest plate? I'm guessing it might be an extended life support system for his helmet, or as an upgraded interface to the Milano. As a piece of functional armor, that is woefully designed to cover the wrong areas.

I can't wait until we get some patterns put together, all 3 coats look legit. Are there any threads here on making patterns from references? I want to give it a shot sometime. And what's the deal with the new armored chest plate? I'm guessing it might be an extended life support system for his helmet, or as an upgraded interface to the Milano. As a piece of functional armor, that is woefully designed to cover the wrong areas.

They seem to have done away with the boot rockets and replaced them with a jetpack. The armor is a part of it

That's pretty cool, it seems they're channeling a bit of the "Voltron meets the Rocketeer" aesthetic. It looks pretty good and matches the Marvel art design and such, but I wish it had a few things that were more different, like the chest plate design. If it was a bit more harness-like, with similar boosters to that of Halo 4's Mark IV MJOLNIR armor it could hold more visual interest, as well as break up his silhouette a bit more.
Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 9.21.48 PM.png

Volume 2 Star Lord pack

H4-Scanned-MasterChief-FrontBack.jpg

Halo 4 Mark IV MJOLNIR pack

Last edited:
Aww, I love the fact that there will be a baby Groot. I want to make one, but I can't see all of him to make him look right.

I love reading the threads about the costume and the helmet. Been working on my own for the past week. Just finished painting the helmet. Anyone want to see it?

Aww, I love the fact that there will be a baby Groot. I want to make one, but I can't see all of him to make him look right.

I love reading the threads about the costume and the helmet. Been working on my own for the past week. Just finished painting the helmet. Anyone want to see it?

Ya for sure we do! Make a thread showing your cosplay progress!

my camera isn't taking it at the right color, it is steel blue and gold. I'll try and take a better photo tomorrow. But whatcha think?
helmet.jpg
I guess I should point out that it really isn't big.

20161029_165743-1.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Is it going to have the seams, or will it just be a screen printed regular shirt?

I'm offering 2 versions, one constructed from scratch to match screen used and the other a more affordable long sleeve shirt that will be made of similar material. Probably going with vinyl graphics rather than screen print this time.

Not completely accurate, but that doesn't look too bad. Especially if you plan on doing the chest piece/rocket pack. I just might pick this up

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back