The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Oh! And almost done with my bag!

20150528_001420_zpsontk3epu.jpg

Hey, Shabby, what's your hat size? I was thinking of getting one of these and maybe trying to fit my lighted kit and sockets to it. I assume that top part comes off of the helmet? Doesn't look like you could wear it that way.

Solo, the top partyoure referring to is a stand. So you don't need to worry about it.

I do not know my hat size though, and don't know how to find that out off hand.

Solo, the top partyoure referring to is a stand. So you don't need to worry about it.

I do not know my hat size though, and don't know how to find that out off hand.

Well, I have a 23" head and I checked the measurement listed in the auction and it says the helmet is 63cm, which comes out to nearly 25" (plenty of space for me, anyway), unless the seller's measurement is being too generous. OR they're measuring the outside, which would be a HUGE mistake.

Hello!

Am rather late to the party and I apologise profusely if this has been answered multiple, multiple times!

I'm strongly thinking about doing a Star Lord cosplay, albeit on a budget and with minimum skill (I couldn't even venture an attempt to make some of the awesome props shown throughout this thread.)

With this in mind, what do people think is the best eBay jacket options? I've scoured this threat but couldn't see a definitive answer. Any help on this (or just general tips for all aspects of this costume) would be MASSSIVELY welcomed and appreciated!

I did buy this one in leather. But I'm framing it after getting pics of me with Stan Lee and William Shatner in it.

Guardians of the Galaxy STARLORD Chris Pratt Red SLIM FIT GENUINE Leather Jacket

I was gonna switch to this model. It's a clone of the cosplaysky jacket. This, IMO is the cheapest option for a good jacket. I might tell them not to include the arm-valve, and do it myself, since theirs is an ugly piece of you-know-what. It may be too brown.

Guardians of the Galaxy Star Lord Peter Quill Leather Jacket Cosplay Customer New

But now I'm going after the most accurate ebay jacket.

Guardians of the Galaxy Star Lord Chris Pratt Maroon Leather Jacket - All Sizes

Anyways, good luck with the rest of your build.

I wanted to post an in-progress pic of the Star-Lord costume I was commissioned to make in Feb, because I relied a lot on the RPF's research here and am very grateful. It's not done yet - the commission is temporarily on hold for reasons unrelated to me - so do keep that in mind. (for example, the zippers need to be replaced with the screen-accurate ones I received a bit ago).

the pants were an unexpected challenge; this thread was very helpful for breaking them down, as well as sourcing.

3d1248_868bbed4257d46288b6751702197a942.jpg_srb_p_974_585_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.jpg3d1248_c2728ff3968c4a1bae07ecc3bf763cb7.jpg_srb_p_974_585_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.jpg

Some notes: I did not make the shirt, it's a temporary placement. Also, I know that the pants end in a knit/elastic below the knee, but the commissioner expressed a preference toward comfort & being able to wear them without the boot covers.

thanks everyone :)

Well, got to the Expo a bit late yesterday and had a few mishaps so I didn't make it into the contest. Still had a lot of fun though posing for pictures! I've got some good ideas of what I need to improve on for the next con in October.

IMG_5639_zpsdqh3mpsr.jpg

I might have a thing this weekend and was cooking up ideas for a easy, quick set of Rockets I can elastic to my ankles or something like that. I sewed together some vinyl spats for a prior con and I have some Skecher Diameters, so I'm set that way. (will be replacing the spats with real leather ASAP)

Anyways...

Anyone have ideas on a super-quick build? Doesn't need to be intricate or even accurate. They won't be a permanent edition to the costume. Just something, because having nothing down there means I have to do pictures only from the knee up....:lol

If you can find a pair of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Captain-Ameri...captain+america+winter+soldier+toy+binoculars

They have been used by some with some modifications and paint

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll call around locally tomorrow. Maybe just a generic set of toy binocs could be used the same way if no one has that specifically.

Long term I'd like to source better stuff. Like leather spats, good rockets, and the connecting hardware. The control buttons on the knees, of course.

Baby Groot and StarLord at the Phoenix Comic Con. We walked 7 miles this day. I wouldn't have thought the boots and rockets would be so heavy after 8 hours of walking but I was wore out. Couldn't walk two feet without a million pictures being taken. Wife was really excited. (Baby Groot) Said she felt famous. Saw several other GOTG cos players but none had much detail. I was very happy with the outfit and my bits. Thanks to this website and all its members for your assist. I plan to post a build post soon. Next time -- helmet.Side by side.jpg20150529_090942.jpg20150531_095215_001-1.jpg.20150530_190842-1.jpg20150529_142153.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back