The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Does anyone have a lead on those damn SA snaps? My Google-fu is pretty adequate, but for the life of me, I can't seem to find these damn things.
Risu has now connected with you, so for anyone else wondering, he does know the supplier and is planning to do a run. I found them after several days of searching, and then afterwards learned he already knew what they are. Trust me, you want to go through his run of them, the company is an unholy pain in the butt to deal with. Way more complicated than the buckles were... and those were bad.

As long as it's out there, yep, I'm putting together a group buy. It won't be in time for Halloween, its a slow burner and they're expensive. If anybody is interested, feel free to message me.

11850581_10203897774038811_4628034248891341297_o.jpgI think the as it looked from movie wet would be the way to go, regardless if it's different when dry. I still added some orange to mine but it's how things end up in photos that matters, lol

so hard to go by movie, even my coat shifts a lot...I do agree with joatrash that it does matter to actual colour. My same coat in both photos hereDuzTqXlGXXRlSfcoIf3Nxr050AXUvtCvq30M0qnsXEQ.jpg11874968_10154155438634676_4809075941004916700_o.jpg

I am far from accurate but I'll improve as time goes by.

-West

so hard to go by movie, even my coat shifts a lot...I do agree with joatrash that it does matter to actual colour. My same coat in both photos hereView attachment 532062View attachment 532065

I am far from accurate but I'll improve as time goes by.

-West

Don't let yourself get down by the "not 100% screen accurate" mentality. I think you went above and beyond and it looks superb, and 99% better than most other trench cosplays.

Has anyone identified these clips yet on Star Lord's trench coat?

Screen grab 3.png

Also, did they ever have the "Bola" on display anywhere? I'd love to get a better look at that thing.

Bola reference 1.jpgBola reference 2.jpgBola reference 3.jpgPeter quill bola 2.jpgPeter quill bola.jpg

Attachments

• Screen grab 2.png
    Screen grab 2.png
    206.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Screen grab 3.png
    Screen grab 3.png
    254.2 KB · Views: 86
So because I've never seen any other postings of this particular jacket I bought, I figure I'd upload some actual pics for anyone else browsing around for jackets to buy.

jacket.JPG
I bought this one; it's on Ebay and a few other sites, with these images exactly. It's apparently an exact copy of the Cosplay Sky jacket, but unlike that one, it's actually darker red and more accurate, at least in color. A bit cheaper in cost as well.

I was hesitant to buy it, given that there were never any other pictures of it around, so, here they are of the actual jacket. My fears were wholly unfounded as the color itself is truly great, as is the overall quality. I paid about 120 total (shipping included) for it, and it was a good buy.

0924151809.jpg0924151809a.jpg

If you are going to buy it, though, don't use their measuring preferences. They'll tell you to order a size larger. Like, for me, according to them I should've bought a large, but the medium fit me perfectly.

Yeah, the bola is a really cool prop. I haven't seen anyone try to tackle it yet. These are the best pics I could get of it:

bolall.jpg

Make us one @JOATRASH FX :D

bolall.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So because I've never seen any other postings of this particular jacket I bought, I figure I'd upload some actual pics for anyone else browsing around for jackets to buy.

View attachment 533221
I bought this one; it's on Ebay and a few other sites, with these images exactly. It's apparently an exact copy of the Cosplay Sky jacket, but unlike that one, it's actually darker red and more accurate, at least in color. A bit cheaper in cost as well.

I was hesitant to buy it, given that there were never any other pictures of it around, so, here they are of the actual jacket. My fears were wholly unfounded as the color itself is truly great, as is the overall quality. I paid about 120 total (shipping included) for it, and it was a good buy.

View attachment 533223View attachment 533224

If you are going to buy it, though, don't use their measuring preferences. They'll tell you to order a size larger. Like, for me, according to them I should've bought a large, but the medium fit me perfectly.

Looks a lot more accurate than my burgundy one for sure. So, if I normally wear XL, they will suggest i order XXL?

alright first of all HELLO RPF

as you can see i am very fresh here and this is my first post so i'll introduce myself

I am Nico 23 years old ( damm i wrote 21 that hurts a little). i am a huge fan of Marvel ( mostly cinematic universe but i am reading the infinity gauntlet right now and planning on reading some other stuff), Star Wars and a bunch of other stuff but mostly Marvel and Star wars. I love creating stuff be it props, music ( i am a drummer), bodging and operating machines ( my day job). i made 2 marvel trinkets ( not props for me anyway, not really costumes so trinkets it is) one is a captain america s helmet and the head of ultron both started with pepakura model then hardening them smudging fiberglasresin thingy on it and lots of sanding. both are not as good as i want them to be so i call them failed attempts at props and success in learning.

now on to starlord:

i have big plans with this one i want it to be perfect!
the biggest thing is that i want to 3D print the hard stuff ( orb helmet rockets guns and tape player). but i don't have one yet and i did the math sourcing it out to a local 3D printing service costs as many as a printer it self. So natural conclusion GET A 3D PRINTER natural conclusion #2 witch one to get?

so that is my first question witch 3D printer to get? now i know its not that easy as "get model A" lets start with witch one do you have and are you happy about it? and what is the minimal printing volume i should look at cause i saw some that have a volume of 10x10x10 cm and i think that is way to small

Last edited:
You've got a lot of research ahead of you. My Solidoodle 3 has a build volume of 8x8x8" and I've printed everything you listed above. Most of these models are broken into parts, so you're not printing the entire thing at once. If necessary you can easily cut the model further to suit your needs.

What you need to ask yourself is "what is my budget?" and go from there.

Got a question about the pants. I have looked through other threads and have not found what i was seeking. I understand that at the top of the back of his pants there is an adjustment tab of some sort. Does anyone have any pictures or a link to pictures of this tab? I have looked everywhere, even freeze framing the dvd but no luck.

I tried my hand at making the holster pads. Failed miserably. The super 77 glue would NOT adhere to the vinyl (can't find any leather stores over here and had to drive 20 miles to find this vinyl). It stuck foam to the inside of the vinyl just fine, but even with keeping the two halves sandwiched under heavy books, it wouldn't do it. Any recommendations on who would be the best to commission the pads?

- - - Updated - - -

Got a question about the pants. I have looked through other threads and have not found what i was seeking. I understand that at the top of the back of his pants there is an adjustment tab of some sort. Does anyone have any pictures or a link to pictures of this tab? I have looked everywhere, even freeze framing the dvd but no luck.

I *think* it's like the adjustment strap on saddle pants, not 100% sure though.

I tried my hand at making the holster pads. Failed miserably. The super 77 glue would NOT adhere to the vinyl (can't find any leather stores over here and had to drive 20 miles to find this vinyl). It stuck foam to the inside of the vinyl just fine, but even with keeping the two halves sandwiched under heavy books, it wouldn't do it. Any recommendations on who would be the best to commission the pads?

Have you tried vinyl specific adhesives? I use something called "Dritz Instant Vinyl" and I also use "Loctite Vinyl, Fabric, and Plastic". Both are gel-thick liquids, not spray adhesives.

Have you tried vinyl specific adhesives? I use something called "Dritz Instant Vinyl" and I also use "Loctite Vinyl, Fabric, and Plastic". Both are gel-thick liquids, not spray adhesives.

I haven't tried that. I haven't even heard of it. My biggest problem with shopping on the economy and not the PX is it's hard to find a lot of products that we have in the States. I'll dig around at the local hardware store and see what I can find.

I haven't tried that. I haven't even heard of it. My biggest problem with shopping on the economy and not the PX is it's hard to find a lot of products that we have in the States. I'll dig around at the local hardware store and see what I can find.

I know from personal experience how hard it can be trying to find US products in foreign countries. If you have something like a Fabric or craft store, that is another place you could check for vinyl glues in addition to the hardware store.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back