My Back to the Future Collection and Projects

Re: My Back to the Future props and Projects

Awesome collection. Did you go to Paracon to see the Time Machine replica? Too bad your collection is at home. There are three running DeLoreans in Pensacola you could take photos with (if we ever find the time to get them all together).

I'm no longer in Pensacola. I graduated that school and im in another in Arkansas. And no I never went to Paracon.

Sorry, I assumed you were still in Pensacola. Congratulations on graduating.

Im in a little pickle right now. I going after a shah safari shirt but they seem to be inpossible to find. Look alike shirts are also very illusive.

If anyone's in Sydney, you could look this up.....
my-back-future-props-projects-delorian-jpg-361130d1407703913
If this is the same car I think it is, it belongs to RPF member sleepless who lives in Brisbane. A group paid to transport his car to Sydney recently for an EXPO.

What size?

Preferably a small, but any size would do since they are so hard to find. I have a friend who is skilled in sewing and alterations. She is also helping me on my denim jacket project.

I found a nice item today for a great price. A pair of 1983 Nike Bruins in my size. 8s. $70 shipped. They normally go for hundreds on ebay and even then they are the wrong size. They have blue accents, but nothing leather paint won't fix. They will be mainly for display anyway. This picture is from the etsy listing.
il_570xN.643473433_oqpb.jpg

Last edited:

Nice find! The shirt looks close enough if you cut the sleeves. I saw a size M Shah Safari shirt in auction on ebay, 120$ already...
I think you make a good deal with the other one.

Nice find! The shirt looks close enough if you cut the sleeves. I saw a size M Shah Safari shirt in auction on ebay, 120$ already...
I think you make a good deal with the other one.

I'm aware of the shirt on ebay. I'm just not sure if it's worth the money.

Wait for the BTTF hype next year and you will see how prices for any BTTF stuff (Shah Safari shirts included) will explode! :lol

I already have quite a few hard to aquire things that were expensive already lol.

I found a decent Class 5 down vest on ebay. Size small. If anyone is interested pm me for the link because it's not allowed to post ongoing ebay auctions. I would buy it myself, but it's too small and I have a friend custom making me a vest.
$_3.JPG

I recently aquired an extra one of Marty's eastpak. It's the red patch version so when I go home on leave in a month I will get the orange patch I have duplicated so I can use it on the one I intend to keep and on this extra one.

- - - Updated - - -

I also have come to the conclusion that I will never find a real class 5 vest and wanted to purchase a Head Goonie vest. To my disappointment they are out of stock of every size. Ill have to wait until they restock but who knows how long that will be.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am starting a new thread specifically for the denim jacket and vest projects that my friend is helping me with. Look for that soon.

Im finally home on leave so I can now do the stuff I wanted with my collection. Here is what I started on first. Marty's backpack with the correct orange patch. I might have the orange patch replicated if there is interest.
10616399_10203120152512742_8923706883939701077_n.jpg

I also got to mess around with my Markpoon jacket. So far it only has the black pocket pieces attached. Tomorrow I'm going to take it to a tailor to see if they will shorten the sleeves and bottom of the jacket.
10403359_10203119697021355_4729852701373883490_n.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back