Halo Reach Needler Build

Xtremenoob

The needler is now finished

007 by daniel.bignoux, on Flickr

Hello my name is daniel and im 18 so i will attempt to 3D print and make a halo reach needler to the highest quality i can over the next few weeks/months. I created the file in blender (first 3D model i have finished) and will not be releasing it since its my first 3D model i have made.
So here is a dump of all that i have done so far:
14661816143_067b87b0fd_c.jpg
[/URL]003 by daniel.bignoux, on Flickr[/IMG]
14639738704_2c9bbc1de6_c.jpg
[/URL]002 by daniel.bignoux, on Flickr[/IMG]
14641911615_2542d65c20_c.jpg
[/URL]005 by daniel.bignoux, on Flickr[/IMG]
14648660354_edf2641a6b.jpg
[/URL] by daniel.bignoux, on Flickr[/IMG]
14663069411_6ec0a7c0ce.jpg
[/URL]
14693974371_fa3dca1713.jpg
[/URL]Untitled
14510497928_8cafe52e79.jpg
[/URL]
14696861562_5d2c8a2fa8.jpg
[/URL]
14510504688_81ce771276.jpg
[/URL]
14693980241_621a8b1f2f.jpg
[/URL]
14674141306_2c144c9a84.jpg
[/URL]

I will be back when i have another lot of pics
Until then
Daniel

Last edited:
Damn this is awesome! I really wish I had my own 3D printer so I can make props more precise and detailed like this. One day...

Very interesting.

How do you intend on getting a glowing crystal effect on the needles? Casting each needle in clear resin with a pinkish white led in the bottom?

I will be using the same electronics as volpin has done in his needler but I will be using different products, and yes that is how I will do the needles but I have also bought some white leds to see the difference in colour shift it would give the needles rather than using pink. As I am going to do it up like the halo reach version and not the halo 4 version the needles are slightly brighter and less pink/purple. I'm going to try and do it up to volpin's standard and raise the bar a bit because he is missing a few details I would of added.

Update:

Ok.........here are some pics, most of these are out dated and only a few days from molding. Next time i do a pic dump i will be molding and casting!!!

Untitled by daniel.bignoux, on Flickr
by daniel.bignoux, on Flickr

Will be doing a few molding and casting vids showing how to boxmold and molding other pieces since there are alot of parts.
Until next dump
Daniel

That is brilliant - and the work you are doing looks phenomenal. Can I ask, as I may have not read it clearly enough - are you using foam for some parts, and painting directly onto 3D prints - and THEN molding and casting?

I have 3d printed the needler and then using body filler to get it smooth. From there I will make a "master" of all the needler parts so they can be molded, casted and then worked on till the piece is finished

Just the tiniest bit in love.

What materials are you using for the mold/cast? I've seen the pink mold material before but can't remember what make/specific type/model it is?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back