The Walking Dead Season 5 Discussion (Spoilers)

Great episode last night. I love how Rick's balls finally dropped. I just can just hope he stays in beast mode for more than 1 episode. Talking about beast mode..Carol was beyond crazy good. Glad she was able to join up with everyone once more, once she saw the watch and cross bow sitting on those tables. You knew that no one in that place would be safe from her rage.

One question..why were they keeping wooden post inside a train cart? I don't get it, unless they were used once to keep people / hostages away from each other. Chain this guy here so he doesn't get into fights with guy chained here.. What if one person was a Kung fu master and choked / road housed the post into pieces?

Ok, so bob didn't die...yet.

Seemed like the logical conclusion to last season's cliffhanger. Would have made just as much sense as a season finale, I think. It looks like the showrunners must have thought it would work better as an explosive way to start the new season - not that I'm assuming this episode was actually done for last season or anything. Just kinda thinking out loud. In any case, I liked it a lot and I'm ready for more.

I forgot it was on and was looking through my saved DVR recordings and said, ooh zombies. The wife and I started it and settled into the couch with our freshly delivered chinese food. I was a quarter way through my mushu pork when they smashed Sam in the back of his head and red fountain time. I was like, woah that was cool, then my wife put down her plate. I sheepishly asked, should we watch this later honey?

After the fortune cookies, I resumed play. Great episode although it all wrapped up a little too quickly and cleanly. Rick only winged the Termite leader and Tyrese said he killed the guy in the Tigers hat but we didn't see his body so they COULD be back.

It was good to see Morgan again and in the previews it looks like the gang will be rescuing Beth from the preacher.

Re: The Walking Dead Season 5 Discussion / Trailer

I'd feel much safer in a car than on a bike, especially at night. You can run over zombies in a car, you can't run them over with a bike

You can but it's you're limited on the number you can run over at once depending on your car size and if you run over too many at too high of a speed your car isn't going to last you long. Your best as far as automobiles go are military vehicles like HMMWVs, 5 ton & larger trucks, MRAPs, APCs, and AFVs, and diesel powered tanks; something like a 5 ton type truck or a wheeled APC like a Stryker or LAV would probably be ideal since they would get relatively decent mileage, nice an heavy so they're not easily overturned by a horde of walkers, large enough to run over walkers with little to no difficulty, and have enough armor protection to protect against most humans.

It definitely wasn't Negan although they did dress him up that way on purpose as a nod to him to comic fans. When Negan does come on the show they already reached out to Kevin Durand, although he hasn't been casted yet.

Rtw7G9v.jpg

About Bob...

His days are severely numbered.....

About Beth
Still going to have to wait for a few more episodes to see her at her new location and with her new people

EDIT: Not sure why his thread is being used and not the ongoing TWD thread from season 1/2 but if anyone has any questions, let me know. :ninja

Last edited:
Same here. After the last couple seasons being focused on one or two locations, it'll be nice to see the group out on the road.

It's definitely going to be good to see everybody all together again. Although I'm sure it's easier from a writing and a production stand point to break the group up I do like seeing the whole group together as one instead of being split between 2 or more locations.

He obviously did have something awesome planned. Did you miss the part where they were all fabricating weapons from what they had on them and waiting to ambush their captors? Then the Termites unexpectedly dropped a gas bomb on them from above rather than opening the main door, which was what Rick had planned on. Clearly Rick never intended it to get to the point where they were bound and gagged, waiting to be executed.

Hmm, sticks and belt buckles against machine gun snipers and more people than they know are there, out in the open. Not much of a big plan I was led to believe at the end of season 4. Maybe it's just me.
At any rate, great episode and ready for more!!

I really liked the premiere. It was a bit of a let down for one reason. In last seasons cliffhanger, Rick says "they're screwing with the wrong people" Well, that led me to believe that Rick had something awesome planned up his sleeve. Skip to the last night and we see them on their knees over the tub. It was really only Carol that saved their hind ends. I find it hard to believe that Rick was going to spring into action before Glynn got bopped. But, other than that, I really liked it. That, plus, were not stuck in another fortified hold out again...

Well he did have a plan, but it didn't end up working the way he thought their opportunity would arise when the smoke grenades went in from the top.

Also, pointed out, Sam from the Season 4 episode Indifference was in last night's episode. I didn't even realize it was him until the scene where Carol finds the room with the tables full of items, and Carol picked up Rick's Citizen watch, which got me wondering why it was sitting there and then it made me realize that Terminus got Sam (and it was on the rewatch of "Talking Dead" it was revealed that he was the first one killed by the butchers. Even rewatched the scene to confirm it was him. Poor chap. He seemed like such a nice guy).

Season_four_sam.png

Sam-S5.PNG

Re: The Walking Dead Season 5 Discussion / Trailer

O.K. in a zombie outbreak, who hear would not head to the nearest Ferrari or Lamborghini dealer? I mean, come on, really?????
Not me. I'd go for something with good mileage or maybe offroad ability. But at this point it would not matter: most of the gas would have gone bad by now.

One thing that bugged me about the flashbacks is that they never explained, as far as the Termite's history, is the jump from "hey let's take Terminus back from the bad guys" to "Hey we should be cannibals now!"

Totally missed that, though there was something about the outfit that sparked at my memory. I was thinking the sweater reminded me of someone, but apparently that wasn't it at all.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back