Tom Clancy's The Division (original character build)

I am so excited, I just had to share...Sling pack and ammo pouches came in today!!!

Unadorned (except for the patch)
View attachment 635364

Half built out...

View attachment 635365

Still waiting on a couple more things, grenade pouches, me to finish the shoulder brick, etc...

But, damn am I glad I went with this bag as it is the closest I've seen so far and it was relatively inexpensive. I bought another bag prior to this that I just wasn't happy with the shape, the way it fit, or the size so I am glad I pulled the trigger on changing.

I did the same thing. I bought a sling bag and after getting it I realized I wasn't happy with it and ordered another. So, now I have a new range bag...lol!

It's been awhile since I've been on this thread it's actually really nice to see the community still being active. Here's my kinda updated Agent Loadout, I forgot to put on certain items, anyone know of a cheap tactical vest I could use, like dirt cheap not no fancy stuff. Anyway, who's headed to wondercon this year, I've updated mine alot since then, and I'm thinking of a new way to put the gas mask without the strap,most likely by biting down on something, if anyone has ideas please share. Thanks y'all.

Dude, dont do the bite down on the mask thing...you will be sick of it in about 30 seconds. Look for clear plastic bra straps (https://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Clear-Replacement-Bra-Straps/dp/B00ESNVMXY) - you can rip off the mask straps and replace with those.

Thanks to Gee2 and MythMaker I was able to kinda mash-up their ideas into one! tictac back.pngtictac front.png

Nice job with the watch man! I just want to know is where did you get the graphic design for the watch? i have been looking for it but i had no such luck. Could you help me?

Just took what it appeared like in the old Alpha footage and made what I felt looked close to it in Photoshop.

Feel free to PM me your email address like some of the other readers have and I'll send you the file as soon as I get a chance.

Mini-Update: Smartwatch Glow Effect (2.0)

Was looking into ways to get the glow effect to be stronger, and the solution ended up being SUPER simple.

The exact same approach is taken; attach the 3 LEDs directly to the battery watch, affix it to the inside of the backplate, and secure it back onto the watch body. HOWEVER, instead of simply having the graphic printed out on a standard sheet of paper, I printed this one (twice, so that the blacks showed up better) on a sheet of vellum paper. The results are a better and brighter light-up!

View attachment 486320

While before the effect in a bright lit room or outside wasn't noticeable at all, it can now be seen (though faintly). But the effects in a dark-lit environment are totally noticeable now!

(...now, if I can just get off my ass and figure out a way to make it so that the light can be turned on/off with the watch buttons... Someday ;) )

HelloKeelan562!
I'm looking foward to build my own Division Agent Cosplay, but i'm with very limited resources... anyway, what's the template you used to print to put underneath the watch glass?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Keelan, just read the reply you posted above! TnX!

I'm looking foward to build my own Division Agent Cosplay, but i'm with very limited resources... anyway, what's the template you used to print to put underneath the watch glass?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Keelan, just read the reply you posted above! TnX!

No worries! But you're spot on with what I did. Same as with Dragonwood123, feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll email the graphic to you.

Do keep in mind, thus far the image has worked best when printed on velum paper, since it's a bit more transparent and lets the light through more. Still hard to see the effect in well-lit places or in daylight, but looks damn good at night or in the dark. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone! New member, super long time lurker.

I'm heading to my first ever Comicon next weekend in Phoenix and I'll be wearing my first ever cosplay. This thread was fantastic as a reference for getting my cosplay together, so I thought I'd register and add my own images for those still working on theirs.

I've been playing The Division since launch night and my favorite and most frustrating parts were centered around rogue agents. I've killed hundreds of rogue agents, and I've killed many innocent agents as a rogue myself. So I figured I would go as one of the First Wave Division agents, whom has turned rogue. So this is my cosplay.

My ISAC brick was custom made by a guy named Rustin on Etsy. He custom made it to be a red LED vs orange so it would indicate rogue status.

sUJjK8M.jpg

Here it is mounted to the sling bag strap.

0dxfRgJ.jpg

Here it is turned on. It's hard to tell, but it's quite bright red. This is taken in a very bright room during the daytime. Construction is actually 100% foam and is super light.

I decided to not use an Airsoft rifle for my cosplay as I know some conventions do not allow them. I instead ordered a SCAR-L from Blueguns. It is a full size resin casting of an actual SCAR-L and I hand painted it. I present to you the legendary Caduceus.
sE7fb2E.jpg

I did have to dremel out the sling attachment mounts on the gas block and folding stock before painting, but it takes any bolt on attachment from real rifles and air soft as it is standard picitiny rails.

Here is my first dry run wearing the whole outfit.
bkeycfN.jpg

For reference, I'm 6'4" tall. Quick details on the overall cosplay:
Sling bag is from Maxpedition. I cut and shaped lightweight foam for every compartment to make the bag appear very full but still be lightweight
I used an actual rope ascending tool for rock climbing. The one I used was a LH option.
The holster and leg pouch are both from Blackhawk. Med bag is from Maxpedition and red cross patch is from JK Army in Hong Kong.
Agent Watch is a Samsung Galaxy S3 Frontier with a division watchface
Jeans are Levi 510
Boots are Frye Logan Jump boots
Hoodie is just a pull over from Banana Republic
Gloves are Mechanix
Belt is 5.11 with a cobra buckle
Vest is from condor
jEhBbHH.jpg

Division SHD patch on armband and bag are from JK Army
Darkzone bag is also from JK army
Side arm is a HK45 from Blueguns and is also a resin replica in a blackhawk holster
Rope is just climbing rope from REI
Mag holsters are attached via Molle and are ranger green from Black hawk. Magazines are fake airsoft Pmags

FDE bag is also attached via MOLLE and is the bag that my ACOG scope came in. It is also filled with foam to make it look full.
Arm badge is an ipod arm band from Amazon
JdsgC3M.jpg

I'm wearing a ski baclava and the gas mask was the big ticket item in this whole thing. It is made by AirBoss and is the low burden CBRN mask. I only have the single canister, but it can be setup for duals. I chose left side mount for ease of shouldering the rifle and using the red dot optic. This thing is legit and even has a drinking tube connected to a CBRN camelbak so I don't have to remove it to drink water. It also really does filter Chemical, Biological, Radioactive, and Nuclear elements.
AAFWYAU.jpg

Knee pads are from Atak and were purchased on Amazon.
fwmRQej.jpg

USA flag patch is from 5.11
Sling on the Caduceus is from Blackhawk and is a single/dual point sling with HK style claw attachment points.
JNoDloa.jpg

Close up of mask with sun visor attached to make it more evil.
3RWZ2kj.jpg

The last thing agents see before I down them and steal their loot.
0X8qxRM.jpg

Bathroom selfie trying to capture the ISAC beacon with red ring.
n933qrt.jpg

EasICFO.jpg

I can't upload the video as it's too large, but the Samsung watch has a built in speaker and I uploaded a 10 minute sound file that plays all the ISAC warnings with about 45 seconds of silence between them on a loop. It really brings it together for me.

Hope to see some of you at Comicon in Phoenix!

Attachments

• 3RWZ2kj.jpg
    3RWZ2kj.jpg
    854.9 KB · Views: 224
  • 0X8qxRM.jpg
    0X8qxRM.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 226
  • n933qrt.jpg
    n933qrt.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 192
  • EasICFO.jpg
    EasICFO.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Hi guys, long time lurker - some of you will know me around the traps :)

All of you are doing really great work and it's great to see The Division is still being cosplayed strong.

I've been working on a ballistic shield build and here's a quick video below:

[video]https://www.facebook.com/DBTheDivisionCosplay/videos/1906772039539551/[/video]

Hi guys, long time lurker - some of you will know me around the traps :)

All of you are doing really great work and it's great to see The Division is still being cosplayed strong.

I've been working on a ballistic shield build and here's a quick video below:

https://www.facebook.com/DBTheDivisionCosplay/videos/1906772039539551/

DAVE! *bear hugs!*

Good to have you pop in here, mate! :)

Hopefully you post a bunch of the pics you've done before as well to help people getting started.

For those of you who are just tuning in and don't know who this is, Dave is the official 2nd Division cosplayer in the world (as in, he was the second person to publicly show off his cosplay work) after Lowmex. Your's truly was third, followed by our very own Matt Shields alongside our first two lady agents, Variable and Elena Pintus. This man is one of those whose passion led me to taking those first steps in getting my feet wet on the costume.

Much love and respect, Dave, and glad to have you on board. :)

Hey Keelan my friend!! Good to see you! *hugs back* Thanks for the plug <3

Everyone, I must add the passion runs 2 ways between Keelan & I for The Division cosplay, & I was blessed with meeting Keelan in LA @ E3 2015 in person after having already chatted to him online months prior. We didn't even know we would be running into each other @ the UbiLounge until that afternooon during that week, other community members were saying "Dave, there's a guy here saying he knows you, his name is Keelan" & I was like 'Where, where? He's another The Division cosplayer, & he's got a beard. We've got to find him" trying to go off physical descriptions/FB profile pics (& beards are awesome!). So the other community members & myself went looking around the Lounge for him, unable to find him - although i saw one guy, who looked like Keelan but was clean-shaven, so I was unsure about approaching him in case it turned out not to be him!
:lol Apparently you had shaven for work was that right Keelan?
Anyway, my memory is a bit foggy after that - Keelan did I finally approach you & ask or did the devs introduce you to me? Either way, we cleared it up and Keelan & I caught up the rest of the afternoon, including an afternoon snack break with MarcoStyle and Antoine Emond (Senior Comm Dev), & it was like we were old friends.
Keelan has inspired me & others with his builds and cosplay gear so certainly listen to this guy.

I have also had the pleasure of meeting Variable (being a fellow aussie doesn't live too far from me) @ our own EB Expos in Sydney, & Elena Pintus I also had the pleasure of meeting at E3 2015 as well as hanging out with her during the week. I've still got to fulfill my dream of meeting Matt Shields & Lowmex in person, but they've also been wonderful getting to know online, especially Matt's fun Survival streams.

As for the ballistic shield, I forgot to take photos during construction as I constantly had superglue on my hands to contend with :facepalm
But i'll try & get some photos taken with the rest of the build, & possibly a YT video up on my channel later, breaking down the build.

... I was blessed with meeting Keelan in LA @ E3 2015 in person after having already chatted to him online months prior. We didn't even know we would be running into each other @ the UbiLounge until that afternooon during that week, other community members were saying "Dave, there's a guy here saying he knows you, his name is Keelan" & I was like 'Where, where? He's another The Division cosplayer, & he's got a beard. We've got to find him" trying to go off physical descriptions/FB profile pics (& beards are awesome!). So the other community members & myself went looking around the Lounge for him, unable to find him - although i saw one guy, who looked like Keelan but was clean-shaven, so I was unsure about approaching him in case it turned out not to be him!
:lol Apparently you had shaven for work was that right Keelan?
Anyway, my memory is a bit foggy after that - Keelan did I finally approach you & ask or did the devs introduce you to me? Either way, we cleared it up and Keelan & I caught up the rest of the afternoon, including an afternoon snack break with MarcoStyle and Antoine Emond (Senior Comm Dev), & it was like we were old friends.
Keelan has inspired me & others with his builds and cosplay gear so certainly listen to this guy...

Good memory. Yeah, we first met on FB with the Taipan group (I believe the other Dave was the one who brought me into that) when you did the first version of the turret and seeker. From there, we just hit it off. Been good friends despite the distance ever since.

I think it was when I went to meet up with Kevin that we got introduced, and then it was like a "wait a minute...I KNOW THIS GUY!" moment when I finally realized I knew who you were.

And yeah, the beard was gone for work (currently back again). Tripped up Yannick and Hamish as well! XD

The lunch with Marco was fun as hell, as was hanging out with you and Pat and Robbie in the lounge afterward. I hope that someday in the future we can get the whole crew together again, either Stateside or down in Aus if possible. Would be great to get that fireteam photo we tried to digitally create. :)

I also had the pleasure of meeting a few other cosplayers that have posted here at a comicbook convention a couple years back, and it was fun to walk around and pose with them...exhausting (especially with the work a photographer there had us doing!), but fun to say the least. We gotta do that again sometime biscuitbutcher and when you're back Stateside ZombieJoe; been getting some pieces together for a GR:Wildlands cosplay that I think would work for a "summer weather SHD agent" costume down the road.

View attachment 625748View attachment 625749

hey guys been a long time on the dark zone but i'm back
i fell in love with the firefighter skin pack when it was realeased and tada here is my firefighter outfit ;)

Nice!

I ultimately went with the Jtech City Ranger. A bit pricier, at $95, but I liked the balance of size and features. Only thing it doesn't really have is a place to trap the Dark Zone loot bag to the bottom. I really like the MOLLE panel on the left side, for some extra pouches. https://www.amazon.com/Jtech-Gear-Ranger-Outdoor-Black/dp/B0069BPRNE/

That the exact one I want.

i fell in love with the firefighter skin pack when it was realeased and tada here is my firefighter outfit ;)

I picked up a Blue Hawk tool chest (http://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Hawk-3..._clickID=2d0e5696-e13a-41ac-89ff-cd9e8f6bcff5) that I used to transport most of my stuff for DragonCon.

It fit everything but the air soft rifle, lol.

Price?

Are you talking Plate Carrier, or just cheap nylon Magazine carrying vest?

Here's some decent looking, inexpensive ones.

http://http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.ht...actical+vest.TRS0&_nkw=tactical+vest&_sacat=0

Link doesn't work

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back