Girl (Woman) of Steel

Agreed, I'm old enough to have been "in love" with Linda Carter's Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman has curves!!! you look fantastic. As a DC fan I can't wait for D.o.J . but Gal Gadot has a lot to live up to! looking forward to seeing your finished girl of steel!!

Agreed, I'm old enough to have been "in love" with Linda Carter's Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman has curves!!! you look fantastic. As a DC fan I can't wait for D.o.J . but Gal Gadot has a lot to live up to! looking forward to seeing your finished girl of steel!!

Thank you so much!! I am also looking forward to the movie but am worried about the casting that was done. Hope they do well. I feel like by the end of this year I am going to have the trinity done as I am already planning on doing a cross of the dark knight and the new 52 batgirl to create my own version of batgirl.

Well after a very long break I am back at it to get this cosplay done for Katuscon Feb 13-15. I have finished the cape(but the pics have gone missing so will post once found). I have cleaned up all the details, so all I have to do now on those is paint them. Still need to make the blue suit and skirt, glue on the details and puffy paint the chainmail pattern on the boot covers and blue suit. Oh and have to finish up the under suit by airbrushing the shading of the chrome muscles.

Might also try to finish up my new black widow for this convention as well.

Excellent, I'm a total bat-nut with a collection of props costumes and vehicles, so will be looking forward to seeing your batgirl! I know the casting has quite a few fans worried Affleck, I'm willing to accept Gal Gadot....mmmm...not so sure, plus the amount of other heroes hinted at it could end up a huge mess, I hope Snyder can make this work, it'd be awful to see the first pairing of "the worlds finest" become a tragedy..... So I guess its fingers crossed. please keep updating your thread as I cant wait to see how your costumes progress.

okay so I am writing a quick note to let you all know that I have been crazy busy working on this costume for tomorrow. I am even still working on it at this moment. However, I will be posting all the progress pics and pictures from the convention later tomorrow evening. Hope you like what I come up with :)

At last I finally have some time to post some of the progress pics from this project and the final costume. I still need to get a picture of the under suit and a better one of the boot covers.

This is the painting of the details, the final coat is of a dark steel metallic blue that I mixed latex top coat with powder pigments to achieve it

IMG_3673.JPG IMG_3674.JPG IMG_3678.JPG IMG_3679.JPG IMG_3680.JPG

For the skirt I made an A-line skirt and then put it on the suit to find the top cutting line so it followed the trim and made it even left side and right side. Pinned it back on removed the trim and sewed it. Then I cut the hem with it on my dress form. Unfortunately I made it too short in the back so when I get time I am going to add a layer to make it longer.

IMG_3687.JPG IMG_3688.JPG IMG_3689.JPG IMG_3690.JPG

This is what it looks like together with the skirt added:

IMG_3692.JPG IMG_3693.JPG IMG_3694.JPG IMG_3695.JPG IMG_3706.JPG

The final thing was to finish up the paint on the details and puffy paint the chainmail on the suit. Did not put chainmail on the boots didnt really like the color I was coming up with for it but when I post the final pictures let me know if you think I should work on adding the chainmail to them.

IMG_3707.JPG IMG_3709.JPG IMG_3719.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back