Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

Oh okay, it just sounded like you thought they hadn't started filming yet. My bad. But yeah, maybe they'll use extra footage from 7 and 8 for 9?
I could see writing her on-screen death, maybe sacrificing her self like Han.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Apparently, according to the rumors, she spends a great deal of time in a coma for 8. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to use that plot point to write her out. However, I want to see her, alive and aware, and reunited with Luke one last time before they write her out.

I guess we'll see.

I hope we get at least one scene with her and Luke together, and that they weren't saving that for episode 9.

I REALLY wanted to see a live action leia weilding a light saber. I've been reading about it in the books for so long, and following her path into jedi -dom that i'm really annoyed they waited so long to do these movies.

I guess i have to hope for some cgi movies following the books for that.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess we'll see.

i'm sorry, even before this, that just sound terrible.. for other reasons i can't get into cause they've be talking about said spoiler.

I wonder if they will go back and re-shoot the ending of Ep. 8 or if they will just stick with what they have and make the appropriate changes in Ep. 9. It's going to be so sad seeing her on screen a year from now and revisiting this terrible feeling we're all having right now. :cry

Honestly, if Disney pulls any awful CG crap I'm done with them. Heartbroken fans don't want some ghoulish workaround. Just write her out tastefully.

What an awful day.

I don't know, I can imagine them doing so, but only as a reshoot of sorts to write her out to explain her not appearing in Ep. IX but not as a means of continuing her appearance into Ep. IX.

I'm sure many are also wondering the same thing as me right now with the unfortunate news of Carrie Fisher and Episode 8. So sad... :(
Its terrible. I hope they simply make it (in episode IX) so she "went on a long mission" and they later explain that she passed away during the mission. That way they don't do some kind of CGI stunt scenes with her or anything. I'd rather we don't have to feel how we feel right now.

Honestly, if Disney pulls any awful CG crap I'm done with them. Heartbroken fans don't want some ghoulish workaround. Just write her out tastefully.

What an awful day.
Did you see fast and the furious 7?

You never knew what scenes, were Paul, CGI, his brother, or his stuntman. The whole thing was a tearjerker because of that

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I REALLY wanted to see a live action leia weilding a light saber. I've been reading about it in the books for so long, and following her path into jedi -dom that i'm really annoyed they waited so long to do these movies.

I guess i have to hope for some cgi movies following the books for that.

- - - Updated - - -

i'm sorry, even before this, that just sound terrible.. for other reasons i can't get into cause they've be talking about said spoiler.
I never wanted to see her with a lightsaber. But I did want to see her lead a capital ship into battle.

Did you see fast and the furious 7?

You never knew what scenes, were Paul, CGI, his brother, or his stuntman. The whole thing was a tearjerker because of that

Never saw FF7. It was all I could do to get through the first one :lol

What an awful day.

Well said, same here. I'm sure LFL will handle things as sensitively as possible though.

Never saw FF7. It was all I could do to get through the first one [emoji38]
They definitely grow on you. I hated the first. I had nothing in common with that film. But then I saw the fourth and it was pretty great.

Anyway, the way they did part seven was very tasteful. They didn't kill off the character. But he retired to be with his family.

But because you were never sure who you saw on screen, it was a huge punch to the gut.

Kari Heart of the LF story group in discussing the use of a CG Peter Cushing went to great lengths to point out they didn't do this to be frivolous, they felt strongly Tarkin was an integral part of the story they needed to tell and don't plan on simply using the technology as a gimmick. I would not expect them to attempt to do a CGI version of Carrie for Ep. VIX to the same extent they did Tarkin in Rogue One.

I don't remember any negative outcry at the CGing of Phillip Seymour Hoffman for Mockingjay, given his character was kind of integral to the story...

--Jonah

Different scenario completely. He'd already filmed roughly 70% of his role at the point of his death. They said they had a few more shots and would reduce some and try standins and what not to finish it.

In this case, LFL has 18 months to change the script to adapt to the situation. We don't know the resolution of VIII, so it's pretty difficult to guess how they'll handle it. My guess possibly a stand-in with no lines or lines that could be used from out takes with her back to the camera, or preferably she's just elsewhere, or it could be the exploding shuttle thing people have tossed out there.

What it won't be is recast or digital version.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back