Subscribe
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    2 Days Ago  Feb 25, 2017, 8:21 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release) #2951

cboath said: View Post
    I mean, come on, what is he SUPPOSED to say?

JJ: "Yeah i read the script. It's, well, It's OK. We'll just have to see how it comes together onscreen before we can say for sure, but right now, i'm not betting my career on it or anything."
    Just that JJ is an asset to this franchise, an accomplished film maker and a quality person.
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    1 Day Ago  Feb 27, 2017, 8:06 AM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release) #2952

Some minor and likely to be expected spoilers about the state of the Galaxy post TFA.

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/02/st...t-jedi-begins/
  3. Tholian Commander RPF Premium Member Jeyl's Avatar
    From
    Asheville, NC
    17 Hours Ago  Feb 27, 2017, 6:22 PM - Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release) #2953

Bryancd said: View Post
    Some minor and likely to be expected spoilers about the state of the Galaxy post TFA.

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/02/st...t-jedi-begins/
    So if Leia didn't create the Resistance, the First Order wouldn't have destroyed the New Republic? That was their stated motivation after all.

General Hux: We shall destroy the government that supports the Resistance, the Republic. Without their friends to protect them, the Resistance will be vulnerable, and we will stop them before they reach Skywalker.

Seriously, the only thing that the First Order wants is to wipe out the Resistance. Hux's talk of systems bowing to the First Order could just be a means to motivate the First Order, not something they were literally going to do. If dominating the galaxy was their whole point, you'd think they'd bring that detail up in their closed doors meetings. But no. All they want to do is destroy the Resistance. For all we know, the First Order wanted to be left alone in a Jedi-free galaxy. And given the Jedi's history of 'not giving a crap' about anything and sometimes make things worse, that's not an unreasonable idea.