New BMF coming

Wow, Chris - you had the fish in the net :wacko! Don't worry about the custom parts as they will surely come. Just make sure you grab the burger you'll be sticking them onto.

Eww! You put fish on your burgers?! ;)

Not too worried about getting one. And if I miss out, I still have my Fine Molds Falcon which I haven't even STARTED on... plus a million other props and models I haven't started. So I got plenty on my plate that I need to finish before I can even think about the fish-burger.

Chris

Success. Local store had at least 6 or 8.

The SKU is accurate and key. Getting a Wal-Mart clerk to help is tough though. But mine and I discovered it is listed in "Seasonal", not toys. Hope this helps...

MF 001.jpg

Last edited:
For those looking at this as a poor man's MR Falcon (and I think this has been said) but the size and the accuracy of the toy are about 90% that of the MR.

Comparing the two side by side, you can begin to see some "toy-like" aspects of the detailing, but it really does venture closer to the MR than to a toy. Painted properly, and not laid side by side tothe MR, it would indeed look like studio scale model.

Its a shame that unless you repaint an MR (perfectly so, I might add), we have no PERFECT Falcon. This toy can be painted better than the MR, but the MR -- for what it lacks in paint job -- makes up for in size and detail.

Last edited:
For those looking at this as a poor man's MR Falcon (and I think this has been said) but the size and the accuracy of the toy are about 90% that of the MR.

Comparing the two side by side, you can begin to see some "toy-like" aspects of the detailing, but it really does venture closer to the MR than to a toy. Painted properly, and not laid side by side tothe MR, it would indeed look like studio scale model.

Its a shame that unless you repaint an MR (perfectly so, I might add), we have no PERFECT Falcon. This toy can be painted better than the MR, but the MR -- for what it lacks in paint job -- makes up for in size and detail.

Would love to see some side by side shots from those who have both.

Looking over my Falcon tonight, I found a possible source for the solar collector patterns on the engine deck since the toy only has stickers for these. TIE Fighter wings seem to use the same pattern, so I compared the large Revell TIE Fighter wings with the sticker sheet and it matches almost exactly. Not sure if I will cut sections out of the TIE wings to make the collector grills or resin cast a section as a master, but at least I found a source for mine unless somebody does an etch set or resin.

This sounds like a great idea,....any other suggestions to replicate the Koolshade......anybody making PE?

....although the 32" grills do look a bit flat:

vents_zps4c9371e4.jpg

32grill_zps24f27af8.jpg

J

Last edited:
for those having trouble finding them in the store..save yourself the gas, you can order it on their site and get free shipping.
btw, there is a photo etch set in the works as far as I know.

Last edited:
Brilliant thanks PHArchivist, the Hasbro cockpit is definitely stumpier like the 5 footer

J

A bit, yeah...

The horizontal red lines are the same size, (so are the vertical, but a different size than the horizontal).

005.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The tube itself is missing a bit of length, too. Add that to the list of mods for the die-hards...

I've been working on an updated PE kit for the MPC Falcon, but I was thinking about upscaling it to fit the BMF. Any thoughts? If somebody else is doing PE kits for this already then I may not bother, it's very costly but I'm keen to do it if people want it!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back