New BMF coming

Looks a littler better all one color:) This is the not the base color, just a primer coat.

[URL=http://s408.photobucket.com/user/bigvade/media/IMG_0670_zpse42c6ea1.jpg.html]
IMG_0670_zpse42c6ea1.jpg
[/URL]
Starting to beat her up a little.

Robert

I stopped by my local Walmart just to see if they still had them. The last time I was there, they only had had eight. This time there was eleven. I'm so tempted to get one, even though it's too big for my place...

They are being drawn up based on measurements and reference from the MR falcon...

All panels I believe are being done.

Jedi Dade

Last edited:
Haven't been on for a day or so, everyone is making such good progress, I love this thread, everyone working on the same problems is really helping.
Also I think there are six main side panels and the two inside the mandibles that need work too :)

Shapeways link? And are they all (4?) outer panels? There are 4 right? I'm not at home������

Here is the official announcement-
http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=113389

Here is a link to one of the panels on SW. If someone wants to use all the panels as 3D printed parts it would be a lot more expensive than waiting for Mike to cast and sell the resin set. But, no one is stopping you! LoL!

https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=hasbro+falcon

On a side note, Tony needs accurate measurements of the nose cone, length, width at the back, front, etc. Any help?

I have a template of all the 50 or so missing surface panels (not sidewalls) that at I can share. I made them by placing all the stickers on a sheet and then had a friend scan them and do a print out in RVERSE on a peel and press label. You cut out the panel from the sheet and past it a new piece of .015 plastic card and then cut the stenciles. It yields an exact replacement for the missing panel where the sticker is supposed to go. If anyone is interested just PM me. I'm guessing with postage $10-$15. An example is in the photo below.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 295
Here is the official announcement-
http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=113389

Here is a link to one of the panels on SW. If someone wants to use all the panels as 3D printed parts it would be a lot more expensive than waiting for Mike to cast and sell the resin set. But, no one is stopping you! LoL!

https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=hasbro+falcon

On a side note, Tony needs accurate measurements of the nose cone, length, width at the back, front, etc. Any help?

That is awesome. I will have to hunt one down when I'm in the states in a couple of weeks.

Wiseass :D. I asked because most of the measurements and pics I have done were off the MR. probably about a 90% to 10% ratio.

I just sent him a new batch of pics :D

Jedi Dade

I have a template of all the 50 or so missing surface panels (not sidewalls) that at I can share. I made them by placing all the stickers on a sheet and then had a friend scan them and do a print out in RVERSE on a peel and press label. You cut out the panel from the sheet and past it a new piece of .015 plastic card and then cut the stenciles. It yields an exact replacement for the missing panel where the sticker is supposed to go. If anyone is interested just PM me. I'm guessing with postage $10-$15. An example is in the photo below.

Wow - 50...? More than I'd have expected. Does that include the underside?

Thoughts on adhering these? For this type of part/application, you essentially need to laminate the piece on. In other words, if it were styrene-to-styrene, I'd coat the entire back side of the new panel so that it adheres 100% smooth and flat to the surface of the model.

But with the Poly-propel-crap, this would be really difficult...

So again...

Ideas on adhering these panels?

Wow - 50...? More than I'd have expected. Does that include the underside?

Thoughts on adhering these? For this type of part/application, you essentially need to laminate the piece on. In other words, if it were styrene-to-styrene, I'd coat the entire back side of the new panel so that it adheres 100% smooth and flat to the surface of the model.

But with the Poly-propel-crap, this would be really difficult...

So again...

Ideas on adhering these panels?

Sure, happy to help. Laminating sounds like an interesting idea but might be overkill.

I used a special CA glue called "Plastic Surgery." It claims to work on polypropylene and so far it has been 100% effective in bonding styrene to polypropylene for me.
Any minor gaps can be filled in with Mr Surfacer or a sandable primer. I had very few. I used my stencil and this method to replace all 50 missing panels and it worked perfectly.

No possibility of making the template itself available as a download? I'm just thinking about us guys outside of the USA!

As for making the stencil file downloadable I don't think I can do it. The program was created in the special graphics program by my friend who works at JBL labs. The DYI alternative is to simply take the stickers that come with the toy and peel them off and place them onto a piece of paper. Then bring the paper to a copy center and have them do a reverse print out on a peel and press label.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back