SD Studios - What does Steve Dymszo owe you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, I haven't been on in a long while due to a few medical problems, I have popped in now and then to check on the Neuralyzer run though. But I never saw this thread, for what it's worth, I paid in full for 1 Deluxe and 1 Standard Neuralyzer. Plus $100 for shipping..ugh! Total payments made: $990. I have emailed Steve asking if I could get Hal panels, or something else, But there has been no replies. He was one bloke I never thought would let us all down so badly.

Glenn, you the patience of a saint.

No Alan, not at all mate just not sure what else I can do from here. He just won't reply. Plus I have been preoccupied with other things. Good to see you still around

No Alan, not at all mate just not sure what else I can do from here. He just won't reply. Plus I have been preoccupied with other things. Good to see you still around

From the thread, it seems most of the people who got anything are those who either threatened legal action (don't think it would be an option for you though being so far away :(), and those who hounded his 'clients' / new business over the internet. I think, most unfortunately, that is your 'best' option, like TomVDJ did. PM him for 'advice' / contacts etc (?), I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction & help you out.

Steve is one of the first people I purchased props from in the late 1990's and most recently I purchased a HAL 9000 within the last year. It took approximately 6 months but this timing was made clear up front. I made monthly payments and he delivered without any issues shortly after all the payments were made.

We can only guess what is going on in the lives of any of the members/craftsmen and I've always had a healthy respect for the ones that have delivered quality work to those less skillful. After years of collecting I've come to expect a certain amount of evasiveness when inquiring about delivery of something being made for me. I for one have have faith in Steve since he has always come through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steve is one of the first people I purchased props from in the late 1990's and most recently I purchased a HAL 9000 within the last year. It took approximately 6 months but this timing was made clear up front. I made monthly payments and he delivered without any issues shortly after all the payments were made.

We can only guess what is going on in the lives of any of the members/craftsmen and I've always had a healthy respect for the ones that have delivered quality work to those less skillful. After years of collecting I've come to expect a certain amount of evasiveness when inquiring about delivery of something being made for me. I for one have have faith in Steve since he has always come through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get where you're coming from, and I understand.

However, the people he owes tens upon tens of thousands of dollars to, while knowing their money has been sunk and lost in a 'new & exciting venture', who have not even received the courtesy of a reply email, only total silence, from him for months upon months on end (year +), would disagree with you wholeheartedly.

I say honestly, I am glad you received what you paid for. Unfortunately, others had to sweat blood to get a reply, and their hard-earned money back only through legal threats and / or emails to his associates.

Hope you can therefore surely appreciate why their faith in Steve is sub-zero, irrespective of what he was prior to this sorry state of affairs.

I paid in full for a Deluxe MiB Neuralizer - tried contacting him recently and heard nothing back

I contacted him about a month ago I did finally after 3 years get a response and I did get the start of payments!! I got $200 and nothing since!!!

Well its been over a month since Steve has given me money so I have reactivated my SD Studios - What does Steve Dymszo owe you? Facebook page till I get paid off!!! Please everyone come on facebook and let the world know how you feel!!!

Well after another threatening email to Steve, I received my last $150.00 that Steve owed me a couple of hours ago, so I am done with this fiasco.

Good luck to everyone, and if you keep the pressure on Steve he hopefully will refund you..

Just sent this email Steve's way:

Steve,

I, like many many other people, have been waiting for a neuralizer from you for a VERY long time. It slips my mind from time to time, and sometimes I just think I will FINALLY hear from you about it, but I'm done forgetting and I'm done fooling myself that you will contact me first.

WHAT is the status of this project? Is it even still being worked on? If not, why have I not been informed? Why I have not gotten my money back?

Through the various threads devoted to the subject on the RPF, I have read every email you have sent to users. I understand that you have started a new business. I understand you're working very hard. These are NOT acceptable excuses. You took over $10,000 from members of the RPF and ran. You can say that you didn't, but you know very well that you had this project on the table and yet you purposefully took on more work before fulfilling your obligation to your clients. This is very poor business. In fact, it's theft. If you were a client of any bank or business, there would be police on your case right now. I feel sorry for anyone who does business with you at present.

At this point I want one of two things: either a SOLID DEADLINE for when I can expect my neuralizer or a full refund. Should I not hear back from you on either of these things, I will be contacting your local authorities and charging you with theft or fraud or whatever the appropriate legalese term is. Honestly, I would still like the neuralizer as yours LOOKED like it was going to be the best one available, but I have pretty much lost hope that this project will ever get done. You will get this email EVERY DAY for a month or until I hear from you, whichever comes first. If a month passes and I still don't hear from you, that is when I will be in contact with the authorities.

Let's see if I hear anything back from him.

I haven't been on for a while but just checked in to check on the Neuralyzer run, i emailed steve about 6-8 months ago about these and he did replay saying he was still waiting on the panels for the back of the Neuralyzer but haven't heard anything since, i took over someone elses spot a few years ago and paid in part for a delux Neuralyzer, such a shame, part of me still wants to wait and finally get the Neuralyzer but it's looking more and more like it won't be done as the time passes.

Ok I guess I have good news for me!!!! I have gotten my money after some kicking!!!!! Also please check ebay and see what sd Studios is selling!!!! He says there for friends !!! Also when you contact him again put REFUND in the subject line!!!!

I got no refund yet, but he is working on some trade for me - $150 value, so if it is delivered, then only $ 350 to go - I will update this in 3 weeks

Steve doesn't owe me any money, but I do know him and have nothing but contempt for him based on his behavior. So what I've read here comes as no surprise to me.

Here's a Steve story:

I went to a prop party at his house in rural PA many years ago, a pretty long drive. Many of his friends were there, including some who practically worshipped him and who shall remain nameless.

Anyhoo, we all went to a restaurant, might've been an Outback, and while we waited outside for a table to become available, Steve gathered us all together in a little group. I didn't notice it immediately, but there was an elderly black couple sitting on a bench not five feet away from us. In a moment I would notice them, and realize that Steve knew perfectly well they were there.

Then he said to us, and not at all in a whisper, mind you:

"Little white children become angels when they die. What do little black children become?"

THAT was when the elderly black couple caught my attention, and I became absolutely horrified by what was unfolding around me and felt helpless to do anything about it. Frankly, I'm deeply embarrassed to admit now that I didn't immediately shout him down and shame him into silence, but I had less... well, less of everything back then.

I will not repeat the punchline. Not here, not anywhere, not ever. Bad enough I still hear it in my head so many years later. To say it was obscene is an insult to obscenity.

All I could manage was a very embarrassed look at the elderly black couple, and to say, "I think I'm going to Hell just for hearing that joke." And I walked away, feeling horrified and ashamed that I'd been even an unwitting part of something so vile.

I mentioned it later to one of his worshippers, who replied,
"Steve's not a racist. You just don't get him."

Uh-huh.

And this guy was one of the ones who'd laughed at the joke. Along with all the rest of them. All of them, people whom Steve had maneuvered into the vicinity of an elderly black couple so he could tell the worst racist joke I've ever heard, just to get off on having them laugh at it in front of that poor couple. What a disgusting display of utter narcissism.

Beware of Steve Dymszo. He is not your friend. He's not anyone's friend but his own. The people he keeps around are just the useful idiots who fawn on him.

Think carefully about everything said here by his victims. He does not belong in the hobby or the business. Nor any other.

I've been carrying the burden of that incident all these years, and only ever told my wife and one very close friend. I truly hope I'm not making a mistake by speaking out, but seeing this thread over the last couple of months really brought it back to the surface, and I'm happy to finally get it off my chest.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a horrible story aslaw, and I shudder to think that it is true, but I hope that it's not. I have no reason to doubt you though. As horrible as that alleged behavior is, it doesn't reflect his business practices so I will move on from that subject. I'm truly sorry for your experience.

I received an email blast from Steve a couple of days ago-- he's apparently selling upgrade parts to the new Wand Company Star Trek TOS Phaser. But there was no mention of the Neuralizers at all in the email. I'm hoping that he is trying to raise funds to complete his unfinished projects. Does anybody else have any updates to share?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back