SD Studios - What does Steve Dymszo owe you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point exactly. And just to note, he has used the SD Studios email as a contact for refunds the entire time that webpage has been up. Using the old 'company' email to receive and process refunds for the new company, when Artifactory has it's own contact email/etc in the first place? That says to me, 'If you buy from the site, you are buying from Artifactory. If you are dissatisfied and would like a refund with your Artifactory purchase, you will be dealing with SD Studios.'

I don't really care about Steve's issues! I am getting my money back anyway necessary at this point. I heard back from the attorney, and will be speaking with him next week. I am going after the full amount I think that I can get, not just what I paid. He has used MY MONEY to finance another venture apparently, so I will take him for every dime I am entitled to.

Indeed, ask interest on your money, compensation for the time and effort you have put in it to get it back, maybe even emotional damage suffered ;). Please keep us updated. I have been refunded, but I'm still interested in how this big scam ends...

I don't really care about Steve's issues! I am getting my money back anyway necessary at this point. I heard back from the attorney, and will be speaking with him next week. I am going after the full amount I think that I can get, not just what I paid. He has used MY MONEY to finance another venture apparently, so I will take him for every dime I am entitled to.

It might not hurt to contact the attorney general of his state either but i'd ask the lawyer first. He's ripped off enough folks that if everyone actually banded together they could probably shut him down or at least hurt his wallet big time.

Realize that if Steve is hurting financially, "hurting his wallet big time" could be counter productive from a legal standpoint to getting your monies any time soon.

Good luck, guys. I am not owed anything from Steve but my heart goes out to those who are. Again, make trouble for him. That seems to be the only way he will make good on his debts. If you choose to sit back and "hope" something will work out in the end, well, what can I say? Forget about your money.

OR...you can always show up on his doorstep. :lol

Realize that if Steve is hurting financially, "hurting his wallet big time" could be counter productive from a legal standpoint to getting your monies any time soon.
I guess a lot of people don't have the hope to ever see their money back, so all they want to see is justice done, and Stephen take consequence for his actions.

Let's not forget that:
1. Stphen, and only Stephen is responisble for all this. It's not that he has been robbed or something, or that his shop burned down.
2. Stephen HAS the financial possibilities to pay everybody back (if he would sell his prop collection).

So keeping the above points in mind, the fact that Stephen doesn't solve this, is only a sign of bad will.

I want to put as counter example the case of Daniël who had a run of Blast from the Past bags from Back to the Future (OK, another price class prop, but this does not matter much): there were problems with the run, and on top of that, Daniëls paypal account was hacked, causing him to loose thousands of dollars. However, in the end he decided to cancel the run, and made up a clear plan to refund everybody. Although he didn't have a paypal account anymore, Daniel managed to get me refunded in full. Not right away, but he communicated clearly, kept all lines open, and did everything to do the right thing. This is the living proof that even if a run goes bad (and Daniel even had the bad luck of having is paypal account hacked), you can always make things right. I don't think Daniel lost any credit with anybody, just because he kept communicating and does the right thing. Everybody here understands that a run can go bad. But when communication stops, understanding stops too...

UGH. Can everybody stop explaining logistics? Nobody needs rational anymore. Steve has a new business, he has thousands of dollars in outstanding orders from his old business, and he has failed to communicate with anyone well, outside of the overtly threatening. He didn't FORGET who he owes, he started a new business. He didn't FORGET the money involved, he took it all. Through all of these pages, and thousands of dollars, there's a room (or a box or whatever) with all of the neuralizer parts.

He isn't here, he hasn't been here (in person) for a long time. Anyone truly pursuing legal action, either post your info in the thread, or offer your legal through PM to others. I don't understand why nobody has offered up their lawyer's information, those who have said they were pursuing legal action. Your lawyer would LOVE support.

And seriously... Saying, 'Well, he's going through a tough stretch', or 'we all end up in these places', or 'he's in over his head'... None of these are relevant. He could sell off his prop collection. Remember who he is? What he used to be a part of? Sickening. I'm tired of getting screwed by people who don't even have the decency to admit fault.

I would be more than happy to share the attorney's info for any one interested. Like I said I will be talking with him next week as he is on vacation right now, but is due back on the 30th. If we can get a bunch of us on board I'm sure it will be beneficial to all of us.

PM me if you want the info..

I finally received a response from Steve regarding the Lawgiver prop gun he had made for me. I love the prop i was very happy with his communication. I received the prop and it worked wonderfully. The prop stopped working after i changed the battery so he agreed to fix it for me. He completely disassembled the prop and sent me progress photos of the repairs as well as refurbishing the paint job and grips. Unfortunately he was unable to solve the problem. That was when i suggested that he consult with Erv of Plectar Labs to trouble shoot the problem. What followed was months of silence and several unanswered e mails. I decided to contact Erv directly and that is when i found out about this mess. Apparently he owes a lot of people including Erv quite a lot of money.

So this means Stephen not only owes customers money, but also his suppliers?

Sorry I'm late to this thread, haven't been popping up here as often as I used to be. I also am paid in full for a deluxe Neuralyzer. I'be tried emailing Steve quite a few times in the past few months. Initially I would hear back within a week or so. Lately, I have not heard a peep from him. I've asked him for prop lists to maybe do a swap for the amount he owes but haven't received any list either.

Ok, I talked with the attorney in Boyertown, PA and he gave me some advice, but it is going to take some leg work. I am willing to do it as long as I can get some help from each of you.

I need the following if you are part of this mess..

1. Name
2. Address
3. Telephone
4. Email
5. What you purchased
6. Amount paid

If you can please PM with this info, and I will start compiling a spreadsheet and then will give the information to the Boyertown Police Dept. I would like to have this done before Friday, so I can submit this info to them by Friday. They will go over the list and may contact you as well to verify everything then go visit Steve. The attorney said we need to do it this way because (1) the statute of limitations has passed for a civil case, (2) the amount was too small for a civil case, and would cost more in fees than is feasible.

This action does not guarantee we will get any money back, but it will go on Steve's record and also on his credit.

So what does everyone want to do?

My PM inbox is open & ready to receive.

Thanks!

I've only gotten one PM so far.. :confused
Sad to hear this... People should not complain here, if they don't take action like contacting you with their info, IMHO. I Stephen would still owe me money, I'd certainly give you the info needed, even although I'm located in Europe...

Darth Clayton, I would be willing to bet some of your fellow customers dont drop into this thread often. I would go through it and compile a list. Send them all a blanket PM explaining what you are planning to do.

This whole thing is truly a shame. But yea, you cant have your cake and eat it to. Time to sell some props.....im sure he has some good ones.

Indeed it would be a good idea to just send a PM to all people on the list and point them to this thread...

Do what you've always done and you'll get what you've always got.

Most everyone on that run showed a ton of patience and you see where it got you. How long are you willing to wait? Being nice with him is not going to work, he doesn't care about you or making things right, otherwise he would have handled it already. He could have traded out his own collection or sold it to do refunds, how far has he went in doing that? Just a few people, nothing major.

It's a disrespectful coward who won't even reply to your emails asking for any kind of update and to try and work something out.

If you want any kind of action, you need to put the screws to him and his new company. Contact any places tht might possibly be doing business with him, even copy him on it so he sees you're serious. You only need to state the exact facts, he's hanged himself already, no need for slander.

His problems are his own, he created them and made them worse by himself. You can either write this off as a donation to a thief or do what I said and get your money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back