Wayward Pines

last night episode was intense. dr pilcher is a real manipulator. i like how he's force ethan into keeping everyone in the town, and i don't think ethan has even realized yet pitchers sneaky little trick... lot33 is interesting too, wayward seems like a stepping stone and phase 1 to the project. I'm really in love with this show

Finally caught up after binge watching the first six episodes on FOX On Demand

Definitely glad I took the time to watch it. Great series so far

I know how you feel I don't trust him either, for him to give us the twist so soon it's not like him lol. I was getting close during the show, my girl got pissed because I kept on guessing out loud " their dead?" " they are being cloned and brought back to life in the future" I really didn't see the monsters being evolved humans, I thought they were aliens. I much prefer them being evolved/devolved humans. And I love the whole world is gone thing

That was kind of where my head was going before they got the the "Truth" episode

oh its getting good! i love how ethane trapped now, i wonder if the people will follow through with their plan... tick tock tick tock

I was surprised when the teaser for episode 10 said series finale. I didn't want to believe it. I thought the show was doing well. I think the finale was a case of trying to tie everything up. I felt sad at times but then realized that they only did certain things because that was the end of the show. And many of those events didn't make that much sense after thinking about it. I still like the show though and I'm going to watch the side story now. I'll get the Blu-ray too if released. I just won't watch the finale as I don't think it's that good compared to the rest of the episodes.

The ending was just stupid. The kids froze or murdered the adults. It was stupid to me. Cannot stand stories that start all over again from where they started. There is nothing original or interesting about that. Just used and weak. The leads were strong characters and well acted all for such a stupid ending. It dishonored what they all fought for.

It was never supposed to go more than 10 episodes, it didn't get cancelled, that was the planned run.

- - - Updated - - -

The ending was just stupid. The kids froze or murdered the adults. It was stupid to me. Cannot stand stories that start all over again from where they started. There is nothing original or interesting about that. Just used and weak. The leads were strong characters and well acted all for such a stupid ending. It dishonored what they all fought for.

Unfortunately, starting at episode 7, they went off the reservation and away from the books. They kind of came back to it here and there along the way, but the whole bit with the "first generation" was just invented for the TV series and I think it would have been better without it.

Well, that was a complete suck fest at the end.

Saw that when it was called, Lord of the flies.

Terrible finale, what an idiotic way to end the series. It looks like they were leaving the door open for it to continue but I have no desire to see a repeat of the story with those annoying brats as the antagonist.

I enjoyed the show.

I did feel that the very end was a bit of a letdown, but other than that it was a good ride. Probably not the best thing I've seen lately, but definitely not the worst.

BEWARE SPOILERS BELOW

i was out of the country last week and left last wednesday so last night i finally got to watch the last 2 episodes. honestly i felt it was really rushed, they needed a few more episodes to make it feel right. i don't know the kids name but the "leader" of the first generation, correct me if I'm wrong but we have never seen him until episode 9 right!? i don't ever remember seeing this punk? if they showed more of him perviously episode 9 would have had to much more depth to it

i have to agree with perviously posted, why did ethan have to blow up the elevator? he could have just dropped it? i;m pretty sure he convinced everyone, and restored their faith back in him so offing himself in fear of their loss of faith doesn't make sense to me?

belcher turning the fences off took my breath away! i didn't see that coming! i really liked that!!

as for the son waking up and the adults back in cryo... i felt ripped off, but expected exactly something like this. i kept asking/reminding my girlfriend while watching " the first generation has a bunker? what about them and the bunker" finally when it was over and they didn't mention anything else about the first generation i figured that was going to be the twist.. and sure enough the son wakes up and we learn the new truth...

i don't think a season 2 is in the works, i would defiantly be into it. but fear its nothing more then the same story just the son taking the role of the dad.. it could be interesting though, theres other routes they could go

I'm going to have to pick up the books, it was fun while it lasted. it didn't replace the loss of LOST in my heart but came kinda close! until next time, it was all fun guessing and theorizing with you guys!

You guys are spoiling stuff and way more harsh than I thought. I think the main problems started mid to 3/4 in. They just didn't seem to have a strong way to end the show. So we got what we got. Ethan's conclusion made no sense to me after I thought about it because this is a trained FBI agent. I'm not an expert on these things but I think he could have dropped the bomb, shot at it, shot the elevator cables, barricaded the elevator doors after the climb, or numerous other things. It's not like the mountain didn't have armed guards in case of emergency. With I assume more weapons. And were they so poorly trained that they couldn't take out or suppress teenagers? What about Pilcher's sister? She had to know about the 1st Generation's weapons. Didn't she tell Kate about them after the talk about no secrets? Who knows.

The teacher's death was another stupid one. At first I thought she was going to let the Abbies in. And Pilcher's was just like the teacher. Getting the sister up just to do it. Then the restart with the son. I'm totally not going to watch if that's the direction they would take.

I did watch the short mini series. That was pointless and offered little that we didn't know. Unless you watched it with the show when it was released I guess.

i didnt get to watch the minis, couldnt find it on the site. we got what we got, i doubt that there will be a season 2, id watch it though. wouldnt expect much but id still watch and see where it goes. it was fun for me while it lasted

Spoiling stuff? Yeah, shocker; a thread about a show may well discuss what happened on said show. :facepalm

Again, why must we protect people from themselves? Don't want to trip over details about a given show!? Avoid a thread about the show. Simple. Easy. Done.

You guys are spoiling stuff and way more harsh than I thought. I think the main problems started mid to 3/4 in. They just didn't seem to have a strong way to end the show. So we got what we got. Ethan's conclusion made no sense to me after I thought about it because this is a trained FBI agent. I'm not an expert on these things but I think he could have dropped the bomb, shot at it, shot the elevator cables, barricaded the elevator doors after the climb, or numerous other things. It's not like the mountain didn't have armed guards in case of emergency. With I assume more weapons. And were they so poorly trained that they couldn't take out or suppress teenagers? What about Pilcher's sister? She had to know about the 1st Generation's weapons. Didn't she tell Kate about them after the talk about no secrets? Who knows.

The teacher's death was another stupid one. At first I thought she was going to let the Abbies in. And Pilcher's was just like the teacher. Getting the sister up just to do it. Then the restart with the son. I'm totally not going to watch if that's the direction they would take.

I did watch the short mini series. That was pointless and offered little that we didn't know. Unless you watched it with the show when it was released I guess.

I agree that the shows ending was a let-down and filled with plot holes compared to the book series.

BOOK SPOILERS
In the book, Ethan and co get to the mountain base and realizing they can't fight off the abbies, choose to all freeze themselves and wake themselves up again in the future where the abbies are ideally gone or in hibernation. The situation is still dire since the community is running out of food so freezing and escaping the abbies into the future is a last measure. The book ends with Ethan waking up in a new world.

One major problem I had with the tv show was the kids taking control in the end. Unless it was a hallucination, how did they do it? Abbies are supposed to be tough and can wipe out trained soldiers. I truly doubt a bunch of kids who have minimal training, let alone army training and military strategy, could rote the abbies from their base and rebuild the wall. Based on the education received, it seems the children were focused more on understanding Piltcher's theory and there is little evidence to show that they gained real practical skills to maintain the community.

I dont dislike Ethan's sacrifice in the show actually. It was stupid but symbolic. Ethan, the "traitor" of Wayward Pines, sacrifices himself for the survival of the community and stays back to protect the people, truly being the man needed to protect humanity. Pilthcer, the "savior" was the cause of humanity's destruction, shutting down the power of the wall and thus leaving them to die and is shot for his efforts. I think the show could have ended bittersweet with the people freezing themselves as abbies approach the capsules, implying their death, or sticking with the original with Kate waking up in a new distant future. I was really disappointed after episode 4 with the reveal that the world was in the future.

Spoiling stuff? Yeah, shocker; a thread about a show may well discuss what happened on said show. :facepalm

Again, why must we protect people from themselves? Don't want to trip over details about a given show!? Avoid a thread about the show. Simple. Easy. Done.

Some people might jump in the thread just to see if the show is good and worth their time. Even if they haven't seen early episodes. Personally, I tend not to read threads for movies or shows I'm looking forward to just in case of the slightest spoiler. But I still think it's a good idea to post warnings before or on the thread title just in case.

I agree that the shows ending was a let-down and filled with plot holes compared to the book series.

BOOK SPOILERS
In the book, Ethan and co get to the mountain base and realizing they can't fight off the abbies, choose to all freeze themselves and wake themselves up again in the future where the abbies are ideally gone or in hibernation. The situation is still dire since the community is running out of food so freezing and escaping the abbies into the future is a last measure. The book ends with Ethan waking up in a new world.

One major problem I had with the tv show was the kids taking control in the end. Unless it was a hallucination, how did they do it? Abbies are supposed to be tough and can wipe out trained soldiers. I truly doubt a bunch of kids who have minimal training, let alone army training and military strategy, could rote the abbies from their base and rebuild the wall. Based on the education received, it seems the children were focused more on understanding Piltcher's theory and there is little evidence to show that they gained real practical skills to maintain the community.

I dont dislike Ethan's sacrifice in the show actually. It was stupid but symbolic. Ethan, the "traitor" of Wayward Pines, sacrifices himself for the survival of the community and stays back to protect the people, truly being the man needed to protect humanity. Pilthcer, the "savior" was the cause of humanity's destruction, shutting down the power of the wall and thus leaving them to die and is shot for his efforts. I think the show could have ended bittersweet with the people freezing themselves as abbies approach the capsules, implying their death, or sticking with the original with Kate waking up in a new distant future. I was really disappointed after episode 4 with the reveal that the world was in the future.

The book sounds better. I'm still going to read it once I forget some of the show. Those kids were a huge problem unless they had the support of Pilcher's military. But still the question would go to why did Ethan sacrifice himself and why the guards didn't realize that they had to stop the incoming Abbies. And others that I mentioned. It just seemed like a pointless setup to have the son in the same situation as the Father. And yet not showing the important events that happened before that time.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back