Wayward Pines

so anyone who watched the finale, got a question...

so at the end of the finale we see abbys in the woods, one is holding a new born. it has pointy ears but it face almost looked like normal baby, it also had a baby cry... is this some new hybrid?

so anyone who watched the finale, got a question...

so at the end of the finale we see abbys in the woods, one is holding a new born. it has pointy ears but it face almost looked like normal baby, it also had a baby cry... is this some new hybrid?

I believe so

That finale overall was a disappointment and pretty anit-climatic

I think if this show continues for a third season, then someone working on the show definitely has blackmail material on someone in upper management. This was a terrible and boring season finale. And overall one of the worst seasons of a continuing show that I've ever seen.

I've never seen a show do what they did to season 1 characters before. The per episode bring back and killing of them during the season was almost comical. The final episode had an almost depressing feel in that they didn't have anymore big season 1 characters to kill off. Thankfully that kid's girlfriend didn't come back.

At first I didn't even get that final shot as I was so shocked that they hinted and were giving CJ the ability to turn into a completely crazy mass killer. Why was the command to terminate all the pods even an option in the system? It seemed like something stupid just for a cliffhanger. Tune in to see if he wakes up and his dead wife / girlfriend pushes him to end it all.

After I got past thinking about what happened during that CJ moment, I began to think about the next stupid thing. Abbies are evolved from humans. Yet they survived that cocktail of killer viruses? At first I thought they kidnapped Carrie and were mutated humans. I figured if they went with the sleep with your son thing then sleeping with a mutated human probably wasn't off the table. But then I remembered I think a death sound effect after Carrie leaves and that the doctor gave her I believe enough morphine to pass out before dying from the viruses. So the Abbies were either immune or it didn't wipe them all out. So another cliffhanger which I seriously hope they don't get the chance to continue.

To me the best and kind of sad part was when the crazy lady was going to get left behind. You know she liked that place even with all of its faults. I was happy that she didn't get left behind to die and that I think she's the only first season character to live. Who cares what that Fed guy is doing. His story was stupid to begin with.

Here is an interview with the guy that wrote the books. Sounds like he is pleased with the outcome. But then so few people ever come out and say something sucks.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/27/wayward-pines-season-2-finale-postmortem-final-scene

I think if this show continues for a third season, then someone working on the show definitely has blackmail material on someone in upper management. This was a terrible and boring season finale. And overall one of the worst seasons of a continuing show that I've ever seen.

I've never seen a show do what they did to season 1 characters before. The per episode bring back and killing of them during the season was almost comical. The final episode had an almost depressing feel in that they didn't have anymore big season 1 characters to kill off. Thankfully that kid's girlfriend didn't come back.

At first I didn't even get that final shot as I was so shocked that they hinted and were giving CJ the ability to turn into a completely crazy mass killer. Why was the command to terminate all the pods even an option in the system? It seemed like something stupid just for a cliffhanger. Tune in to see if he wakes up and his dead wife / girlfriend pushes him to end it all.

After I got past thinking about what happened during that CJ moment, I began to think about the next stupid thing. Abbies are evolved from humans. Yet they survived that cocktail of killer viruses? At first I thought they kidnapped Carrie and were mutated humans. I figured if they went with the sleep with your son thing then sleeping with a mutated human probably wasn't off the table. But then I remembered I think a death sound effect after Carrie leaves and that the doctor gave her I believe enough morphine to pass out before dying from the viruses. So the Abbies were either immune or it didn't wipe them all out. So another cliffhanger which I seriously hope they don't get the chance to continue.

To me the best and kind of sad part was when the crazy lady was going to get left behind. You know she liked that place even with all of its faults. I was happy that she didn't get left behind to die and that I think she's the only first season character to live. Who cares what that Fed guy is doing. His story was stupid to begin with.

Here is an interview with the guy that wrote the books. Sounds like he is pleased with the outcome. But then so few people ever come out and say something sucks.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/27/wayward-pines-season-2-finale-postmortem-final-scene

season 2 of revolution was horrible too made completely no sense. every episode had literally NOTHING to do with anything. it was worse then season 2 of wayward. BUT revolution's finally totally pulled everyone back in!! it had a amazing ending and everyone wished for it to continue with season 3.

wayward is the opposite feeling for me, let the show die. I don't see them pulling me back in after they killed off every season 1 character, minus the crazy secretary, who is probably the only reason I continued to watched. her and CJ, I really liked CJ's character.

but like you said, his craziness was kinda award, he only goes crazy infront of a chessboard or ipad? any other time he's cool?

well season 2 was fun while it lasted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't want Wayward Pines to have a season two at all, considering how screwed up they made season one compared to the books. The second Burke was off the show, I didn't care anymore, he was the only reason to watch at all. The ending of season 2 was essentially what they did at the end of the last book though, just more stupid.

I didn't want Wayward Pines to have a season two at all, considering how screwed up they made season one compared to the books. The second Burke was off the show, I didn't care anymore, he was the only reason to watch at all. The ending of season 2 was essentially what they did at the end of the last book though, just more stupid.

My exact reason as well. My girlfriend continued to watch the show, while I sat beside her on the iPad and read threads on therpf. Lost total interest, I won't even start season 3 if it does come out..

My exact reason as well. My girlfriend continued to watch the show, while I sat beside her on the iPad and read threads on therpf. Lost total interest, I won't even start season 3 if it does come out..

I watched it to the end because I hate to leave things unfinished, but I really didn't care if everyone in Wayward Pines died, in fact, I was rooting for the abbies. I cheered when Megan died, I hated her that much. And even the best character of the season, CJ, was a *****. Having him wonder whether he should kill everyone at the end was just stupid. Hated Jason with a passion. Hated the doctor. Hated his wife. Hated everyone. I'm done.

I watched it to the end because I hate to leave things unfinished, but I really didn't care if everyone in Wayward Pines died, in fact, I was rooting for the abbies. I cheered when Megan died, I hated her that much. And even the best character of the season, CJ, was a *****. Having him wonder whether he should kill everyone at the end was just stupid. Hated Jason with a passion. Hated the doctor. Hated his wife. Hated everyone. I'm done.

lol i hear ya buddy!! CJ i think was the coolest character this season, minus the dead girlfriend visions

lol i hear ya buddy!! CJ i think was the coolest character this season, minus the dead girlfriend visions

Which, of course, were just pointless. What did they add to the story? That he was mentally unstable and had the power to kill everyone in his hands? That only matters if he actually does it.

Which, of course, were just pointless. What did they add to the story? That he was mentally unstable and had the power to kill everyone in his hands? That only matters if he actually does it.

exactly, it really devalued the character. i looked at him as the savior of mankind. and now with the whole "psycho" moments really gives the character less credit/value.

exactly, it really devalued the character. i looked at him as the savior of mankind. and now with the whole "psycho" moments really gives the character less credit/value.

I don't know that he was the savior of anyone, he was someone who knew the system and was willing to be woken up for a day every 30 years to make sure it was still running. I think we're supposed to idolize him but I certainly didn't, any more than I idolized Pilcher. He was a madman who kidnapped more than 1000 people and forced them to live in his social experiment and when things didn't go his way, he tried to commit mass genocide. This is someone to look up to?

I don't know that he was the savior of anyone, he was someone who knew the system and was willing to be woken up for a day every 30 years to make sure it was still running. I think we're supposed to idolize him but I certainly didn't, any more than I idolized Pilcher. He was a madman who kidnapped more than 1000 people and forced them to live in his social experiment and when things didn't go his way, he tried to commit mass genocide. This is someone to look up to?

i liked him because CJ was i think last of the first team that knew the history of the whole project. i also thought pilcher was a lunatic. there was nothing right about the whole wayward pines project. i never understood the point behind the reckoning. besides the point of pilcher just being nuts.. i couldn't see killing people, people who are suppose to re populate the planet...

i would also love to know how these pods are being powered? solar panels? nuclear? who's in charge of keeping the power to the system? are there other people being awaken during some points in time to make sure the fuel cells are still normal?

its just questions that always came up... i always thought the town was constructed the way it was when humanity was still on the planet. season 2 we learn that walls and town were built when abbys roamed the earth... much harder for me to believe. 2000 years into the future they constructed a town that looks like the 60s?! and homes from the 21 century where did the tools and wood supply come from, roofing singles?! ...

i always thought the town was built and preserved over the years by small groups of people who grew up in the town and died there... this show could have gone is so many different great directions instead of crashing and burning

Bump. I saw a while ago that they finally cancelled the show. I can't believe they were actually thinking about another season after that last disaster.

Bump. I saw a while ago that they finally cancelled the show. I can't believe they were actually thinking about another season after that last disaster.

Season 2 was a very big let down... every episode didn’t make any sense... really enjoyed the first one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Season 2 was a very big let down... every episode didn’t make any sense... really enjoyed the first one

The whole thing was a letdown, but what can you expect considering who was running the show? I will never understand how people can take beloved book series and totally destroy them on TV. The reason anyone wants to see them is because they read and loved the books!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back