venom suit (Help)

OK first as i have established never use this clay with silicone ..... second if you do use this clay spray it with Kilz. Third if you are working on a peace as big as this work in a well ventilated aria...... I think i may have killed more than my fair share of brain cells with the fumes.......

20140727_193627.jpg20140727_193637.jpg20140727_193748.jpg20140727_193544.jpg20140727_193705.jpg20140727_193722.jpg

Last edited:
first lair of Rebound 25 on....... holy smokes batman it takes a long time to apply this stuff to a piece this large and awkward.
20140728_061144.jpg
Holy Smokes Batman[/h]

Your progress is looking great, very impressive. Have you thought about ways to keep yourself cool and hydrated while you're in costume? Thats always the thing that kills me when i'm in a full body costume at a con all day.

Your progress is looking great, very impressive. Have you thought about ways to keep yourself cool and hydrated while you're in costume? Thats always the thing that kills me when i'm in a full body costume at a con all day.

To keep cool i have thought of several things however i will not be able to incorporate them before the con. the only thing thus far i have done is install a camel pack into the suit so that i will have water to drink. and a buckle in the crotch so that i can get rid of the Water... :)

Mother mold

Last edited by a moderator:
OK demolded today...An eight peace mother mold, put a dab of red spray paint over all of my screw holes to make them essayer to find and a few streaks of blue over some arias of the seams to help match up the sides...... cleaned out the clay and should be able to cast after work tomorrow... A race to the finish.
20140805_173508.jpg20140805_181013.jpg20140805_181027.jpg20140805_181039.jpg

Well boys and girls, Did my first pull tonight. the details around the symbol came out nice and the seams lined up nicely. The white is just to make airbrushing easier later. I figured spraying white on black Might be a bit problematic. The jaw line and face also came out nice (hard to tell from picks) But I did use to much silicone in the left hand and so 3 of the fingers are solid silicone. The tongue suffered the same fate as well. All fixable given the time and effort. So as i am on a time schedule i will be putting aside Venom for the foreseeable future and will pick him up later. I will have to pull out one of my old costumes for the Con in Chicago...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back