Adventure Time : Finn's Golden Sword of Battle

Sorenzo

Last month a did a super quick prop build for a cosplay piece I've wanted to do for ages now
Finn's Golden Sword of Battle from Adventure Time.

I drew up the plans pretty quickly, I made it more adult size, all the replicas i've seen in the stores have been tiny, so my version was going to be big

Like I said, it was a quick build, so it was made from what I had laying around.
Blade cut from a length of timber, table saw blade tilted at a pretty intense angle, but meant only 2 cuts needed.

The pommel and hilt where shape from timber also.

I used a hole saw to create an insert for the handle, a piece of aluminium pipe, which was the the same size a the hole saw, thankfully.

I used a spade bit to create recesses in the pommel.

Store bought wooden domes were sawn in half and placed in the recess of the pommel.

There was a bit of interference from the aluminum handle with the recessed area on the pommel, so the handle was filed back.

I built the sword with the intention of molding it, so i wanted it to be in 2 pieces, the blade section and the handle.
The handle was hollowed out to receive the blade. I made this oversized and will fill the gap with bondo.

Petroleum Jelly is applied to the base of the blade which will be inserted into he handle. This will prevent the bondo from sticking the blade, so it can be removed once the bondo is set, leaving a perfectly shaped recess.

Like so.

I poured some fast cast into the recess of the pommel to leaved a meniscus between the pommel and the jewel piece.

The blade is sharpened.

And the sword assembled. As you can see here, it ended up being much bigger than the drawings. I think the total length is 850mm, it just felt right.

Chips were cut in with a hand saw

Scores were created using a thin disc on an angle grinder

The hole sword was sanded, then treated with sander sealer, lightly sanded again, then painted.

The handle was masked off and painted matte black.

The jewel piece airbrushed red.

The only thing I had in the shop was some denim fabric. I will get some blue/grey leather in the future, but this works for now.

And here it is complete.

Hope you like.

Im currently working on the same project but ive hit a step im a bit stuck on im not sure hot to get the swords tip to come to an edge on all sides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im currently working on the same project but ive hit a step im a bit stuck on im not sure hot to get the swords tip to come to an edge on all sides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put a point of each side then rounded/blended them together.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back